CD General Info forum...Please Read First

KD

Gone fishing
Please note that only moderators can start threads on this forum.

Other members should be able to reply on a thread though (unless it's been closed!) :D

Thanks

Cambridge Diet is a nutritionally complete formula food often referred to as a very low calorie diet, or the 'sole source of nutrition'.

So when you are using CD packs only it is called Sole Sourcing or SSing for short.

hello ,l
my daughter is thinking of starting the cambridge diet she is 21 5ft 6 and weighs 15stone,
she is so depressed about it and would really like to lose weight quickly for a special occasion coming up,could you tell me how much it costs and what you have to do .
much appreciated if you could help

hello ,l
my daughter is thinking of starting the cambridge diet she is 21 5ft 6 and weighs 15stone,
she is so depressed about it and would really like to lose weight quickly for a special occasion coming up,could you tell me how much it costs and what you have to do .
much appreciated if you could help

Hi. The best thing you can do is find a local consultant using the link below and they can give you more information and prices.

Cambridge Weight Plan: Welcome to Cambridge Weight Plan

Depending on what products you buy, the prices can vary. The prices can also vary from one consultant to the next. But as a very rough idea, execpt to pay around £40 per week plus for Sole Source.

There is some more information in the link below about the various steps, but a consultant will be able to explain in more detail and answer any questions you may have.

Cambridge Weight Plan: Programmes (6 Steps)

I hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
Fat-Boy-Slimmin said:
Yes, I think everyone would!! :D

Can anyone tell me what tetra bricks are?

how do i put my weightloss stats below where i post?

Can someone tell me how to add my weight loss details to the bottom of my replies?? Im new and not sure what i am doing

Thanks
x

Can someone tell me how to add my weight loss details to the bottom of my replies?? Im new and not sure what i am doing

Thanks
x

If you read this link below it will show you how.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

Once you have made your ticker you need the BB code to work here.

Then go into your User CP on the Blue Bar at the top of the page.

Under Settings & Options click on Edit Signature.

Post the BB code into the signature box...preview to see if it is there and then click save.

Advice re starting CD following accident

Hi there,

I am really keen to start the CD, not least because on 20th Feb I sustained a compression fracture of my spine following an accident ice skating!!! :cry:

I have noticed on the CD website that contraindications for starting the diet include "a serious accident within the past 3 months". Can anyone advise whether this type of injury would be classed as a serious accident?

Obviously losing weight will aid my recovery enormously and, as strenuous exercise is not an option for me at the moment, CD would seem to be a good way to get my weight down fairly quickly.

Thanks for any advice

Clazzac after any kind of trauma your body needs extra protein to heal and the packs would not have enough protein so this is one of the reasons why you could not do Sole Source.

Best advice I can give is to contact your local Cambridge Weight Plan Consultant and see what they advise as you will probably be able to start on one of the higher plans to start with and work your way down into Sole Sourcing.

As you are unable to do any exercise just now you will still get good weight loss results even on the higher plans and it is an easy way to introduce the packs along with a small high protein low carb meal.

Very sorry to hear about your accident and I hope you will have a speedy recovery.

Edited to add...I have just seen you are 5' 8" and weigh 161lbs which puts your BMI at 24.5 which would prohibit you from doing Sole Source...so you would have to do one of the higher plans anyway.

Hi Mini

Thanks for your reply - that helps explain things.

Re my weight - if only it were 161lb - sadly that is my target weight and my current BMI is somewhere around 36. :sigh:

I think I will do as you suggest and contact my local CDC and see what they recommend.

Thanks for the advice.

C x

Is it recommended to do SS before trying SS+? Will the eating of eggs/veggies kick you out of ketosis? Once you're in ketosis is it better to continue with SS?

help ive lost my book explaining what i can and have to eat on 1000 plan need to start in the morning many thanks.

Back