CD leading to binges?????

little-e

Has anyone who has done or is doing cwp go through stages of binging? I'm on the 6th week of cd and have just had my 3rd big binge :( I've never suffered from binge eating before but it's just not controllable ! I have an argument with myself in my head and then before i know it I'm just eating unconsciously ! I usually get back on plan the next day for a week or more until my next binge is triggered ! It's not good for me and I'm wondering if I should come off plan and stick to something like calorie counting or SW as I don't know if it's cd bringing on these episodes :( ? Advice ? xx

Heya I'm on week 5 I had a binge a pizza hut on Saturday :( and 2 weeks before a burger at a BBQ !!! I love this diet as I see big changes fast but I also agree I get to a stage where I could literally eat anything possible and feel so ill (or atleast my mind thinks I'm ill) and then I eat !! Although saying that last time and again today I feel more full of desire to carry on ?? So maybe it gives u that food and a boost although I binge on completly wrong food maybe move upto ss+ and have a meal but if ur like me I only feel need for food now and again ???? Good luck x

I'm on SS+ so I do have a meal! It's crazy I will be 100% all day then something will just click and within 15 minutes without even realising I have completely blown it on chocolate crisps bread everything bad :( xx

i think there is a lot to be said about cutting out food completely and then having to reintroduce it bit by bit, can it really be controlled?? i've just come back from holiday and i did SS for 13 weeks, I did have a bit of food here and there such as eggs and chicken and the occasional burgers as a treat after weigh-in (not allowed on CD but keeps you in ketosis!). on my holiday i'd planned to have one shake a day and then have whatever i wanted for an evening meal, which soon turned into having whatever i wanted throughout the day and no shake at all! i really binged on holiday, enjoyed the break but its got me worrying a bit about what i'll be like when i reach goal. i appreciate that when ur on hols you do tend to eat the naughty foods more than you usually would but i am concerned that'll i'll be like a wild animal when bringing food back in and that i'll just eat anything regardless of calories and fat/carb content. my plan is to follow slimming world after goal to maintain so i'm hoping i like the recipes and can snack on lots of free foods but it does scare me when i think of eating a normal diet again.

I could have written this post myself as it explains me!!!!!
Have week 7 weigh in tomoro and cnt help myself sometimes!!!! I get so frustrated with myself after iv cheated! Whats the point in wasting this money??!
Im gonna go up to ss+ as of tomoro as im hoping a lil bit of food might stop me binging.??? Worth a try anyway x

I've read about so many binges from this site & facebook..
I'm on week 15 and never once had a binge!! Maybe its because i used to reward myself on a friday by having an SS+ day of grilled chicken breast with a handful of lettuce. I don't do that anymore as i no longer feel the need to eat, i have no hunger and i get no cravings. I doubt i'll start binging now as i've got this far..
I guess the main thing is to stay motivated & focussed, easier said than done.. but its worked for me!
Bubble baths, go on your favourite clothes websites, read inspirational stories, motivational programmes etc! x

little-e said:
I'm on SS+ so I do have a meal! It's crazy I will be 100% all day then something will just click and within 15 minutes without even realising I have completely blown it on chocolate crisps bread everything bad :( xx

I've been having exactly the same problem. Sometimes eating things I've never craved in my life. I feel so bad after too. Really gets to me and I just can't control it. I've moved up to step 2 today as I would like to do a bit more exercise. Hopefully I'll do better on this step. Xx

im sooo glad u ladies were honest enough to say all this and im glad im not the only one who has struggled, some people clearly need more support than others and everyone is different, very hard to be as perfect as some! did u find these binges made u pile on weight at ur next weigh in? i used to binge before cwp and havent felt the need or want to since been on plan, but i have fell off plan and had carbs and meals this last week. but if we get the right frame of mind we can all definitely do it xx :)

Stina84 said:
im sooo glad u ladies were honest enough to say all this and im glad im not the only one who has struggled, some people clearly need more support than others and everyone is different, very hard to be as perfect as some! did u find these binges made u pile on weight at ur next weigh in? i used to binge before cwp and havent felt the need or want to since been on plan, but i have fell off plan and had carbs and meals this last week. but if we get the right frame of mind we can all definitely do it xx :)

I had a few bad days this week but still managed to lose 1/2lb. Not much but at least not a gain. Xx

I also have this problem on CD! I can go a few days or a couple of weeks 100% then just have a massive binge and make myself feel awful. No idea why I do it, and I've not lost anything for the past 3 weeks because of this reason. Need to start focusing and stop eating rubbish. I do think keeping yourself busy takes your mind of binging but I'm terrible for sitting in front of the telly and doing nothing! I've never had a redicuous gain after a binge, I think the highest has been 3lb.

Felix said:
I also have this problem on CD! I can go a few days or a couple of weeks 100% then just have a massive binge and make myself feel awful. No idea why I do it, and I've not lost anything for the past 3 weeks because of this reason. Need to start focusing and stop eating rubbish. I do think keeping yourself busy takes your mind of binging but I'm terrible for sitting in front of the telly and doing nothing! I've never had a redicuous gain after a binge, I think the highest has been 3lb.

You can always message me if you have the need to binge. I'm going to try buy the book everyone is talking about on here. Have a feeling it might be a bit to 'adult' for me though but willing to give it a try. I'm more of a Disney girl. Lol. I have funny hours at work as I'm only part time. Find it easy when I'm there but when I'm home and my mum and brother are eating anything and everything in front of me or when I'm alone I seem to fall off the plan. Xx

I used to find I could last a couple of weeks, then I'd think "oh, i'll just order some chicken tikka to celebrate my loss" because in my mind it's low carb and therefore fine. But I'd eat it with mayo. And then I'd really struggle to go back to ss after having eaten something, so I'd get a bit depressed about not being able to eat again and then I'd binge for a day, because hey, I've eaten one crisp, may aswell stuff my face for the rest of the day because the damage is done, right? I always find it sooo hard to focus 100% after a binge too. I remember how much I like to chew things!

I've only just started again and I'm on day 5 and I feel starving tonight. I refuse to fail and not manage ss for a week tho.

its getting our minds in right state its JUST food but ohh we let it destroy us!! will let uz know how Fri goes. todays been bit better, how have u got on xx

i love this thread thank god im not the only one :( x x

bettyb82 said:
You can always message me if you have the need to binge. I'm going to try buy the book everyone is talking about on here. Have a feeling it might be a bit to 'adult' for me though but willing to give it a try. I'm more of a Disney girl. Lol. I have funny hours at work as I'm only part time. Find it easy when I'm there but when I'm home and my mum and brother are eating anything and everything in front of me or when I'm alone I seem to fall off the plan. Xx

Thanks! I'm exactly the same as you! I can very easily be 100% at work then evenings and weekends I always mess up. I've restarted again this week after messing about for 2 weeks do fingers crossed I can do it! Haha I saw that book in Asda yesterday and was tempted to buy it but thought I might get funny looks at the checkout!!!

The book is fifty shades of grey, I have just started it, everyone who has read it has given it rave reviews!! It's an adult book that's a bit smutty - or so I am told!!!!

Felix said:
Thanks! I'm exactly the same as you! I can very easily be 100% at work then evenings and weekends I always mess up. I've restarted again this week after messing about for 2 weeks do fingers crossed I can do it! Haha I saw that book in Asda yesterday and was tempted to buy it but thought I might get funny looks at the checkout!!!

What book is it? X

I allow every day to be different. If i think that today will be hard i'll have a step 3 day, if its gonna be easy i have a ss+ day. The key is to keep cwp in your diet, even in the background. It saves binging and step 3 is a very large evening meal! Don't feel bad for being human. Anyone who says they haven't fallen off the wagon at some point or another is lying and quite possibly in denial. I have BED, have had binges and still lost! Then i found that mixing the steps helped me stay on track and i even lost 8lbs this week doing it. Chin up girls, you will find your balance :) x

Back