CD on Pill question

KateF

Silver Member
The first time I did CD I had good losses every week.

This is my first proper restart, two years later, and I don't feel I'm losing as quickly.

I am on SS+, which obviously may be a factor.

I'm also on the pill now (Yasmin) which I wasn't last time. Has anyone found it harder to lose weight whilst on the pill?

I'm on day 14 now, and feeling okay, but my first week loss was only 4 pounds. I feel like I may be in for only 2, maybe 3 tomorrow at W.I.

I have stuck to it (apart from possibly accidentally having some butter on a hake one day) and drink lots. The day after my first W.I my period started, and again, I know this may be a factor, but still don't really feel the scales shifting dramatically, even as my period comes to an end.

Hi hon,

First off well done on restarting and sticking with it! :) Secondly.. I can't really help you with the question about the pill, as I've been on it since the start of this diet. I do know that the pill can make you retain fluids more than if you're not 'on the pill' so.. maybe that's a factor ?

I haven't really had trouble with my diet and have been going quite fast but never thought about the pill slowing it down. Ah well.

Good luck! And I'm sure there will be someone along soon with a better answer than mine ;-)

xxx

Thanks Lostris.

Yasmin does contain a diuretic, hence making you lose water-
but I wonder if that means something about water retention on pill free days? Anyhoo, getting ahead of myself I suppose. It's not WI yet, and I'm just going to keep plodding on as I am on SS+. Just the sooner I get down to the 11s, the sooner I can start going up the steps and...hurrah- eating!

Hi Kate,

I wondered exactly the same, last year I did LT and lost double what I am loosing now since starting on the pill. Plus I found I was hungry more for the first 3 weeks but that seems to have eased now. Maybe if I come off this pill a stone will go .... :D I can but dream :)

Back