CD with a disorder

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by LaChica, 17 September 2008 Social URL.

1. LaChica

LaChica Member

My sister and I would like to start the CD. But she's dubious to tell she has a sleep apnea disorder, in case of refusal. She's recently had it confirmed with an overnight study, and is on medication, but not a CPAP machine.

Would she be refused, or would it be down to the doctor?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Your sister will need to get GP to sign form. Loss of weight would hopefully reduce the symptoms.

I posted yesterday link to CD story in the Sun. Jenny lost weight for the same reason.

4. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi Hun, I have/had 2 of the items required for your doctor to sign. I presented my case to the doctor and convinced her to let me have a go at CD but the condition was that i visited every fortnight for a weight and medication check.

Its up to the doctor but under supervision there shouldnt really be a problem.

Taz x
  5. wizzbang

wizzbang Silver Member

How much weight does your sister have to lose?
    If her bmi is below a certain count I dont think she has to have approval does she?
    I'm not saying this is the case, i'm just asking the question!
    Lynne x
  6. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

The BMI rule is for those not on medication or with a medical condition only.
  7. wizzbang

wizzbang Silver Member

Ahhh thanks Linda.
    Lynne x
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.