CDC Help please...can I have 5 packs?

Hi all CDC's,

Just wondered if someone could answer what maybe a totally daft question...

I'm on 4 packs a day but have a few do's coming up that I want to still SS at. From my experience some far I get so hungry when I'm at a 'do' that I end up eating!:eat: Even though I've had all 4 packs! I really want to stay on track so just wondered what harm having an extra pack/bar taking me up to 5 in a day would do or would I be better having something to eat say a salad?

Cheers

MM x

Couldn't you have less during the day and save up a pack or two for the do? I've heard that some people split packs to make it feel as though they are having more. You could also have more marigold if you have that.

I don't know about CD as I'm on LL but I would have thought you'd be better off trying to find a way to reorganise your packs instead of having another extra one.

Hi,

Maybe moving your 4 packs about, in the course of the day !

try to have them alot more spaced out, and when the 'do' comes up, you could always take a bar..

im sure a councellor will be along to answer your query

x

Hiya

Unfortunately you really shouldn't have that fifth pack unless you have a very physically demanding job such as a labourer etc who needs that extra calorie boost.

You may jeopardise ketosis and also generally your weight loss will be slower.

Why not try splitting your packs and drinking more water, also look at the Cambridge 790 plan as it is a very effective way of losing weight and gives you that little meal.

Mike

Hi Icemoose.

Hope you dont mind me posing this but..... wouldnt it be better to have a 5th shake (an extra 137 cals) than to have some protein foods. How would an extra shake knock you out of ketosis? Is this diet really that sensitive to extra calories even if coming form a foodpack? If you know you will pick at foods that could trigger more eating possibly would a food pack bot be better?

Not questining what you say just after an explanation to help me understand things a little more.

Thanks
mrsm

What's Marigold?

Hi Icemoose.

Hope you dont mind me posing this but..... wouldnt it be better to have a 5th shake (an extra 137 cals) than to have some protein foods. How would an extra shake knock you out of ketosis? Is this diet really that sensitive to extra calories even if coming form a foodpack? If you know you will pick at foods that could trigger more eating possibly would a food pack bot be better?

Not questining what you say just after an explanation to help me understand things a little more.

Thanks
mrsm

Hi,

Calories don't determine ketosis - the carbs do.

Protein foods generally have zero/negligible carbs.

The shakes/soups actually have around 14g so an additional one could be enough to knock you out of ketosis depending how sensitive you are.

Hope that helps :)

Back