CDC Question.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by fuzzyduck, 5 July 2007 Social URL.

1. fuzzyduck

fuzzyduck Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Are there any CDC's on here who don't drive? Does it limit the amount of clients you get?

I'd really love to be a CDC and help people to lose weight with Cambridge. My CDC can be less than helpful but as she's the only one around here then I don't have a choice and I'd love to be able to offer a greater amount of support to people. The only problem is that I don't drive so clients would have to come to me until I learned (I can't afford to learn and do CD).

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My cdc doesn't go out to any of her clients as far as I know and she has a massive business :)

4. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Everybody comes to us at our home as we have all the stock, measuring equipment and all the other bits we need so it is not a problem.

5. I will do it this time!

I will do it this time! Full Member

Diet:
    I'm doing it the cambrige way!
    Can I just ask, do any CDC's ONLY travel to peoples houses? I mean not have people coming to their homes?

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Same here - my clients come to me. I use to go to clients - especially if more than one in the area .... but to take stock, scales etc was difficult, so I don't now.

Go for it! Good luck.

7. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save

I don't see why you couldn't do that if you wanted. Or hire a hall somewhere if you preferred.

8. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yes there is one in my area that does that, she's one my counsellor sponsored.

She doesn't have any clients at home she goes out to them all :)

9. missymoo

missymoo Fed up of being fat

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think my cdc only goes out to see people, I know I have offered a couple of times to go to her but she always comes out ... bless her!

10. I will do it this time!

I will do it this time! Full Member

Diet:
    I'm doing it the cambrige way!
    I can sort of see the attraction with that, keeping home and business seperate... bit of a pain though to carry all stock/ scales/ other equipment around... mind you I suppose you can always ask for the stock order inadvance.

11. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    I've got one client I visit as she doesn't drive, but all my other clients come to me, I really don't think not driving will hinder your business at all - I'd say go for it :)

12. Debz

Debz Cambridge Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Everyone comes to me at home. It has only meant that I've lost 2 clients this year. One found it difficult to come out because she was a carer, the other one didn't want to come out again after work, so ended up giving up. I have time restraints with the kids, so I can't deliver. None of the counsellors I was with ever delivered to me.

It hasn't made any effect on my business at all. I see around 40 people a week depending on the time of year.

I can see the point of view of a counsellor who would only want to deliver though - I'm not the tidiest person around, but I have to keep a room presentable for 40 people a week. And you have to factor in that sooner or later a client is going to ring your door bell unannounced when you're in the bath or in your PJs.

And although I can drive, I don't, through choice. I hate it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.