Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

CDC Question.

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by fuzzyduck, 5 July 2007 Social URL.

1. fuzzyduck

fuzzyduck Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Are there any CDC's on here who don't drive? Does it limit the amount of clients you get?

I'd really love to be a CDC and help people to lose weight with Cambridge. My CDC can be less than helpful but as she's the only one around here then I don't have a choice and I'd love to be able to offer a greater amount of support to people. The only problem is that I don't drive so clients would have to come to me until I learned (I can't afford to learn and do CD).

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My cdc doesn't go out to any of her clients as far as I know and she has a massive business :)

4. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Everybody comes to us at our home as we have all the stock, measuring equipment and all the other bits we need so it is not a problem.

5. I will do it this time!

I will do it this time! Full Member

Diet:
    I'm doing it the cambrige way!
    Can I just ask, do any CDC's ONLY travel to peoples houses? I mean not have people coming to their homes?

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Same here - my clients come to me. I use to go to clients - especially if more than one in the area .... but to take stock, scales etc was difficult, so I don't now.

Go for it! Good luck.

7. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save

I don't see why you couldn't do that if you wanted. Or hire a hall somewhere if you preferred.

8. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yes there is one in my area that does that, she's one my counsellor sponsored.

She doesn't have any clients at home she goes out to them all :)

9. missymoo

missymoo Fed up of being fat

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I think my cdc only goes out to see people, I know I have offered a couple of times to go to her but she always comes out ... bless her!

10. I will do it this time!

I will do it this time! Full Member

Diet:
    I'm doing it the cambrige way!
    I can sort of see the attraction with that, keeping home and business seperate... bit of a pain though to carry all stock/ scales/ other equipment around... mind you I suppose you can always ask for the stock order inadvance.

11. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    I've got one client I visit as she doesn't drive, but all my other clients come to me, I really don't think not driving will hinder your business at all - I'd say go for it :)

12. Debz

Debz Cambridge Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Everyone comes to me at home. It has only meant that I've lost 2 clients this year. One found it difficult to come out because she was a carer, the other one didn't want to come out again after work, so ended up giving up. I have time restraints with the kids, so I can't deliver. None of the counsellors I was with ever delivered to me.

It hasn't made any effect on my business at all. I see around 40 people a week depending on the time of year.

I can see the point of view of a counsellor who would only want to deliver though - I'm not the tidiest person around, but I have to keep a room presentable for 40 people a week. And you have to factor in that sooner or later a client is going to ring your door bell unannounced when you're in the bath or in your PJs.

And although I can drive, I don't, through choice. I hate it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.