CDC Sponsorship?

MoonBeam

To cut a long story very short!
I'm back on CD after 18 months of ill health and putting on nearly 3 of the 6 stone I lost, my lovely CDC has said I'd make a great CDC, and to think about her sponsoring me to become one in the next few weeks.I know I have to get my BMI down a bit yet- but it's a great extra incentive!

Can someone explain how this works please? Ive tried searching but can't find any info. Thanks :)xx

Best person to ask is your CDc as she'll be sponsoring you. I think ...you have a telephone interview, followed by a small test, followed by a 2day course and another test - then you have to complete training by post.

If there's anything else PM me.

Thank you, I'll probe her about it all when I next see her :) I was worried by the word sponsor, that they had to pay or something!!

Thank you, I'll probe her about it all when I next see her :) I was worried by the word sponsor, that they had to pay or something!!

No - it means she supports you on your training, and after you've firrst trained. She is your first point of call re advice/problems etc.

Ah excellent, thank you for that!
I'd really love to be a CDC, must be so rewarding :) I'm going to have a good think about it, whether I can fit it around the family etc

I love doing it .... I was working part time around the time i got to target - and was then made redundant. Now I work part time at this. You can stipulate days/hours you work. I do Mon-Fri anytime between 9.30am - 7.30pm ..... but often block days off in my diary. Some people only do evenings, some do weekends, some mornings etc ....

You need somewhere you can store the products, and a private area away from the family to see clients. I have what was our dining room, now converted to my office/computer room and occasionally a dining room at weekends!

Some CDC's go to clients as well ..so if you fancy this you can do that - but it does restrict you more i think.

Good luck on losing the weight and if you decide you want to do it!

i cant wait to go forth and train as a CDC.
my CDC has already said she would gladly sponsor me and thinks i would make a great CDC.
Does anyone know how close to target i have to be or is there a maximum BMI or something like that?.
i know at the moment i wouldnt give the best first impression with being this big :sigh: so i completely understand that i realistically need to lose a fair bit more.
gives me an extra incentive to try and get it off quicker :) (staying positive)
cherylxx

Thanks flirty40greeneyes! Its definitely something I think I could fit around 3 children! :) Quite excited at the idea now!
Cheryl- I saw somewhere on here that you have to have a BMI of 28 or under to be a CDC, like you say it's a good incentive!!
Its good the CDCs have been through it themselves, so totally understand what it's like, and can help on the journey!

Don't suppose any of you lovely CDC's are allowed to divulge what the potential earnings are? or is that classified info....

A question about sponsorship.

You need somewhere you can store the products, and a private area away from the family to see clients. I have what was our dining room, now converted to my office/computer room and occasionally a dining room at weekends!

Good luck on losing the weight and if you decide you want to do it!

Hi Flirty40Green Eyes

Hope you dont mind if I ask a question. Why do potential CDC's need to be sponsored? I would love to be a CDC but my own CDC doesnt feel that I live close enough to the city centre. How does that work? Apart from her, the next nearest councellors are 12 and 15 miles away from where I live, even further from her.

Hope you can help.
Best wishes
(Not so!) Big j (anymore!)

The only way to become a CDC is to be sponsored by your own CDC.

The fact you do not live near the city centre really doesn't matter because you will be accessible to others closer to you.

Ask again if she still says no contact Head Office and they may find you another sponsor. This would of course be a last resort as your CDC is the best person.

Don't suppose any of you lovely CDC's are allowed to divulge what the potential earnings are? or is that classified info....

How long is a piece of string:)

Basically this is an unknown quantity as it depends on how many clients you have, how much time you put into it etc etc. Have a chat to your own CDC for guidance.

Back