CDC's

bella16

Hello all! Well.... after my disasterous meeting with my councellor 2 weeks ago, where she said I was really stupid for a tiny slip up and was really really rude and unsupportive ( see my previous post for info) we had a little run in again this week.
I lost 3lbs this week - 1 and a half stone in 5 weeks, but she wasnt happy and said i should have lost more (I have been 100% this week) and again was really rude.
I have decided to change councellors, however was just wondering whether councillors share information about their clients with other councellors? I dont want to go to another councellor and find out that they are friends and I have a great big ***** and moan about her. Im fuming! :sigh::cry::sigh::sigh::sigh:

I think you need to get straight on the phone and complain about this lady. HOW DARE SHE BE SO RUDE AND UNSUPPORTIVE.

If I were in your shoes I would definately be changing CDC's. I'm not sure about them sharing info though i'm afraid. She is supposed to be counseller, how can she be so rude, a loss is a loss.

I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure that CDC's have a professional duty of care to their clients therefore should not be discussing them to other CDCs in detail xx

Oh my goodness. I'm sorry that you had to go through that. Hopefully she was just having some problems and she doesn't do that to anyone else in the future. However, I think you should switch and find someone who is more supportive.

Agree with Spooky, I only pass on info that I feel is important - we are of course bound by confidentiality, data protection etc,.

I have only ever shared info about 1 man who rang me, and anyway, the way the convo went, I suspected him of lying/backtracking about medication he was on ...I rang the other counsellors near me & lo & behold he went on to also ring them - stating he was not on any meds ...

If you are not 'clicking' with your CDC ....it is your free will to change hun - you have no contract - so are free to shop around!!

debs xx

I would make a fomral complaint about this lady. One bout of rudeness could be an offday or misunderstanding, we all get that happen, but more than once s not fair.
I also think that it is unfair on other CDC's who get tarred with the same brush...
You might find when you go to another CDC that she has heard other complaints about the same woman,, not her job to comment but if this person is this rude, she probably loses more clients to decent CDC's than she keeps.

Good luck finding someone else and getting writing a complaint!

x

a previous cdc was one of the reasons i quit in the first place...but my current cdc is a bloomin diamond!!! Couldnt be without her now!

I would most certainly complain to CD about her.....tell you that 1 and a half stone in 3 weeks isnt enough is unacceptable and is more likely to lead to you abusing CD out of fear than being happy and healthy and doing it the right way! Stupid woman....if you went anorexic would she be happy then??????
Horrible horrible woman!!!
Certainly giving other cdc's a bad name!
Complain, then find someone else hun! Your on a super journey right now and the last thing you need is to feel guilty for being 100%!

Off my soapbox now! ;) lol
xxx

Get rid of her and make a complaint, she is not encouraging you at all and its in her best interests to do so, to help you keep to plan and keep buying product. She surely as someone else said has a duty of care.

Good luck hon my CDC is a star and is always a phonecall away if i need her support i really think you will find this one is a one off and not the norm.

XXX

I wouldn't worry about cdc's sharing info anyway. They are all independant and so I'm sure will be happy having a new client :)

I'm so lucky with mine. She is so professional and down to earth at the same time.

I would def contact head office about her to lodge a complaint. If if no action is taken, it will I'm sure be logged and added to any others that may be there or come in the future.

Do you spend much time talking to her or do you rush in and out? x

I would ring and make a formal complaint about her to head office-this diet is hard enough without that sort of behaviour from a cdc of all people.

I had a similar problem with rudeness, but it only happened the once. However, it left me in tears and I figured the diet is hard enough without lack of support from your CDC.

My CDC now is great, so you're making the right move. I doubt they share info or even know each other. I called a few before selecting the one I have now and no-one seemed to know each other if that makes you feel better :)

Bella.. Big hugs hon. & well done for losing another 3 pounds and 1 1/2 stone in 5 weeks I think your doing fab...........
I think you have ever right to be upset over this.. and I would also change cdc if mine treated me like that.. Although Im lucky, mine is great xxx

Back