CeeCee's Weight Loss Journey - It could be a bumpy ride!

CeeCee

Thought i would start keeping an online journal about my journey to a lighter me :). I think it will help to keep me motivated and i plan to post at least every other day and hopefully will learn a lot along the way. All help/input gratefully received :D.

First, i have tried several times over the years to lose weight and have been successful to different degrees. The real problem has always been keeping it off! I last went on a diet over 12 months ago when i re-joined WW but was only losing ½ to 1lb a week :eek:. Shortly after joining i was finally diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and lost focus really. Since then i just concentrated on trying to eat more healthily (not always managed it) and my weight stayed exactly the same for about 10 months.

Then on 31 Aug 09 i started Diet Chef after seeing it on TV. It really is the perfect choice for me right now, all food delivered to your door (except extra fruit and veg) and all portions already worked out. No brainer really :). At first i was surprised at how small the portions seemed (made me realise how much i was overeating without realising) but didnt really feel hungry after eating them. I have been on the diet just over 3 weeks now and weight loss going well (certainly beats WW for me) but just this weekend i hit a blip... well i was really craving bread (with lettuce, mayo, chicken, bacon... you get the idea) luckily the shops had already closed and i didnt have any of that stuff in the house. Ended up going to bed early! The next day the craving had reduced so i was able to ignore it and carry on. It did make me realise though that as i am in this for the long-haul, i need to be aware of the things that could trip me up and the ways i have sabotaged myself on diets in the past. Well thats when i decided to write about my progress and how i am feeling, maybe start to identify a pattern? That's the idea anyway :).

As for today, it started well with my porridge, blueberries and blackberries (yum) but started to get the munchies this afternoon and had a few snacks (fruit mostly) but of course even too much fruit will take me over my daily calorie allowance :rolleyes:. So got a grip after my dinner tonight (beef bolognese with rice) and been online ever since! It is great for distraction the internet :D.

I think something else i need to start is some regular exercise... nothing too strenuous at first though. Maybe it's time to dust off the Pilates machine i bought 18 months ago and haven't used yet? :rolleyes: I need to sort some short term goals i think, maybe exercise could be one of them, will have a think tonight :).

Well i've had quite a good day today, in fact i think i'm probably under my calorie allowance. I've spent most of the day online it is such a distraction :). I need to be more active though, can't just sit at pc all day! I aim to try and get some mini goals together to help keep me motivated. I think I am just becoming aware that this will not happen overnight but I am in it for the long-haul :D.

I've had a hectic week, one of those when everything seems to conspire against you. My pc is not working so having to use my temperamental laptop:(. Food wise done really well despite lunch out on Monday (steak and chips, yum!) and a few lemsips last couple of days as i'm getting a cold.

I am starting to get sick of casseroles and stews though. The food tastes lovely but getting bored now. Would love a bacon buttie! Maybe that can be my next treat in 3 weeks time :sigh:. I am waiting for my second hamper to be delivered this week but think i will start to look at what i can add in to make it interesting again. Have to say though this diet is brilliant for me and i know i wouldn't have lost anything like this without it :). Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow as i have sneaking suspicion i am under 15st for the first time in years :D.

Lost 14lbs in 5 weeks

:thankyou: to DC. This is the lowest weight i have been for years :). It also gives me the motivation to be good for another week!

Will bread be my downfall ?

After being so pleased to lose 1st yesterday, i went shopping and for the first time in 5 weeks i bought bread. It was a low cal wholemeal one and i had 2 slices with a banana for lunch (heaven). So far so good... by midnight i also had 4 pieces of toast! Why? I wasn't hungry after my DC dinner but the bread was calling me! I guess the reason i've done so well these last 5 weeks is because i haven't had any food (other than DC) in the house :sigh:. I had hoped i had more will power than that. Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Virtually stopped doing Diet Chef altogether for the moment. Just sick of stews and casseroles :(. So i have been using Food Focus to keep track of my calories and still staying with around 1200 a day. What DC has taught me though is smaller portions, 3 meals a day and yummy porridge for breakfast :).

Hit my second mini target today - I am now under 200lbs for the first time in years :). I've had a really bad cold this past week and so the scales say only 1lb lost in 2 weeks but i think that's to be expected with all the extras you have when you are ill! Also, i have really noticed a change in body shape this week and have come down another dress size so that is good. I would like to lose another 6lb by Christmas which would make 2 stone in total and think i may have to do a bit more exercise now. When i say a bit more what i actually mean is start to do some exercise ;).

Congratulations on your fab weight loss! You've given me some well needed motivation, (mostly re: resisting bread lol)

Congratulations on your fab weight loss! You've given me some well needed motivation, (mostly re: resisting bread lol)

Thank you for that :). Yes bread makes a big difference. I am planning a Christmas treat for myself of white bread with cold turkey and cranberry sauce!

Really pleased with weigh in this morning, I have lost 3lbs making 25 in total :). I know i keep saying this but i REALLY will have to do some exercise now to try and tone up otherwise it wont be pleasant ;).

:sigh: I don't know what is going on this week but ever since Wednesday i have been picking throughout the day on things like bags of quavers and iced fruit cake! I was so pleased on Monday too when i lost 3lb. If i'm not careful i will undo that. I think it is because i am planning to relax my diet a bit over Christmas and i just got carried away! Too early to start relaxing yet though. Must be good must be good .... :rolleyes:

Wow - you've done brilliantly well! And so quickly, too! Stick with it now, and easy on the Quavers ;)

I'm completely with you on the bread - that's my weakness too. It isn't just the bread, though, is it - it's the butter, honey, jam, cheese etc. that goes on top of it! :)

Looking for motivation

:)Good news is that i didn't put any weight on over xmas despite the mince pies etc! Since then i've lost a lb so now looking to get motivated again. I still have some DC meals but not sure if i could face them, may just have the odd one but go back to using food focus to count calories. Not being helped by the Easter eggs in the shops at the moment, calling to me! Must be strong, must be strong

Hey Cee Cee

Welcome back on track :)) Say no to the east eggs, i hate this time of year, i always feel i have to have at least 10 cadbury cream eggs, but i will resist ! lol

Good losses so far - keep up good work.

Amber

Hey Cee Cee

Welcome back on track :)) Say no to the east eggs, i hate this time of year, i always feel i have to have at least 10 cadbury cream eggs, but i will resist ! lol

Good losses so far - keep up good work.

Amber

Thanks for that :) I know what you mean about the Cadburys eggs!

At weigh in yesterday i lost another 4lb really pleased :D. Have started an exercise plan today too, hmm not sure how that is going to work out.

At weigh in yesterday i lost another 4lb really pleased :D. Have started an exercise plan today too, hmm not sure how that is going to work out.

Hi Cee

4lbs! Excellent loss - well done :)

So whats your exercise plan?

Amber

Hi Cee

4lbs! Excellent loss - well done :)

So whats your exercise plan?

Amber

Hi Amber

When i said i had an exercise plan would have been more accurate to say i plan to exercise:rolleyes:

But since then have decided to start going to the gym (never been before, so not sure what i need to do). I have been doing a bit of yoga at home but really feel i need to be more focused now.

At weigh in today i lost another 2lb so really pleased with that :)

Hi Amber

When i said i had an exercise plan would have been more accurate to say i plan to exercise:rolleyes:

But since then have decided to start going to the gym (never been before, so not sure what i need to do). I have been doing a bit of yoga at home but really feel i need to be more focused now.

At weigh in today i lost another 2lb so really pleased with that :)

Hey CeeCee
Well done on your loss :) Great results.
About the gym - perhaps ask the team if someone can give you a workout to do ( i know they assess you and do that at my gym) :)

Amber

Well my weight has stayed the same the last couple of weeks :sigh:. I have not been paying as much attention to calories as i need to. On a positive note I have finally started to use my pilates machine on a regular basis and can really feel it already :). So, more exercise definitely the way to go.

Am due to start at the gym in April (trainer booked up till then!). Am looking forward to that :D

Got on scales this morning and finally movement! Another 2lb off. It has been weeks since i've lost anything on the scales but...have been doing regular pilates and for the last 3 weeks have been swimming 3 times a week. Am definitely noticing a difference in my shape and toning up a bit :). I was so excited today when i put on my size 18 jeans and they fit (without cutting of circulation to my legs :D). It's moments like this that keep me going :).

Back