Cee's epic journey of learning to love Cee

Cee143

Hey All... I'm Cee...:)

After years of beating myself about my weight gain and big frame...I've finally decided once and for all to be proactive and do something about it.
I'm the only one who can motivate me, so I've managed to get my head into gear and hopefully my body will follow :)

As a 'big boned' girl from junior school onwards....I've always suffered from self esteem/confidence issues...meeting me you'd probably never know it as I've developed a great outgoing personality, to distract people away from my body. But inside, I'm conscious of my overly curvy figure....and eat to comfort myself a lot.

I am looking for love and for my life to come together...but thats not going to happen until I start loving me first...hence my name Cee143(143=I love you). Losing the weight will do wonders for my self esteem and confidence...all I want is to be happy with me.

Right, I'm on the Cambridge diet...I started last week....17th December 2011 (the day after my 30th bday) and my first weigh in is tomorrow 22nd December 2011.

I've done a million diets in my time, herbalife, lighterlife, slimming world, Weight watchers....diet pills, cutting down and gym, juice diet....everything! But decided to return to Cambridge as its a diet I know I can handle and I have a really great consultant too...

I think the reason I have failed with diets in the past is because I've not had a clear focus, direction and a support system...so joining this site I feel is a step in a positive direction in terms of me getting to my goals.

SO! with that said I am going to keep this diary, faithfully and update on my progress, weigh-ins, ups, downs, highs and lows until I get to my goal. I need your support guys and I'll offer my support to you too. So glad I'm doing this....I feel liberated already!! :D

Tomorrow is weigh in day...hoping for a nice loss tomorrow to propel me into next week...will keep you posted.x

Good luck for tomorrow :-D x

So....week one I dropped 3lbs! Its not the huge weight loss I anticipated but I think thats due to a couple of things. TOTM, the fact I had drank a lot of water that day and my weigh in was in the early evening and also that I had cheated a little bit and had some chicken earlier in the day.... :(

I feel great though, I'm in ketosis and I'm not feeling hungry....I know my body is in fat burning mode so I'm very happy and ecstatic I'm finally moving in the right direction :)

Hi there Cee, how was your first WI? x

Hi bluegirl...thanks for checking in on me...first week was okaaaaaaaaay, not as great as I'd liked, but was fully expected. That said I am very happy I've got some control back in this epic battle... :)

Had a bit of a moment today.... :)

I went on holiday to Nigeria about 2 weeks and was going to take a lovely dress that I've been able to wear comfortably...but when I tried it on I couldn't do the zip up (i'm a bit busty you see)

Tried it on today....and the zip went STRAIGHT up!!!! Yeeeeeeey!!!! :)

Hey Cee that's great news with the dress! It's amazing how quick the changes all start to take effect isn't it! No excuses for no motivation when our bodies change that quickly! Jus thought I'd pop in and say hi! And congrats on starting Xmas or no Xmas! X

Thanks Laura... :)

You look stunning by the way and I've read through diary...I feel like i've known you for ages. You have no idea how much your experience has helped me this last couple of days.

Thanks again for passing through..x

Aww thanks so much that meant so much to me that my ramblings are of use lol!! I really never thought id find the strength to lose this weight (or the bulk of it) and I really think this forum and the brilliant people on it, have been fundamental to that success. I didn't find the CDC made me accountable at all but I sure as hell know I'm accountable on here and it pushes me to give good news! How u getting on anyway? I hope U have a lovely Xmas day x x

I'm ADDICTED to the scales I think I weigh myself like 8 times a day....its becoming an obession!!! On my scales at home i'm in the 13's but my consultants scales are a little mean an add on about 2lbs I think...

But seein the scales, and the numbers going down has such a dramatic effect on my day...it pushes me forward. But on the flipside, can tear me to shreds it goes in the opposite direction...x

Aww thanks so much that meant so much to me that my ramblings are of use lol!! I really never thought id find the strength to lose this weight (or the bulk of it) and I really think this forum and the brilliant people on it, have been fundamental to that success. I didn't find the CDC made me accountable at all but I sure as hell know I'm accountable on here and it pushes me to give good news! How u getting on anyway? I hope U have a lovely Xmas day x x

I think the support system on here is great and I believe thats the reason I have failed so many times....I'm so determined this time...!

Yeh I'm getting on ok except for the constant urge to keep weighing myself... :rolleyes:

But I love the fact that I dont have to torture myself with food decisions...I dont get into that push n pull about what to eat and what not to eat.
I have my tetra packs and water and thats it!

Wow well done with the packs today - is your family supportive of you doing the plan?

Oh lord I know exactly what u mean with the scales. I tried to tame myself and allowed myself to weigh in once a week but that went out the window! I now said I wouldn't weigh myself over Xmas as I'm having a little bit of food and will naturally gain water weight but this morning I couldn't resist! No gains tho so my mood is stable for now lol

Measure yourself too because there will be a day where the scales make us think we have failed when really we have shrunk and your measurements will prove that to u :)

Xxx

Have stuck to the plan 100% so far today....got one pack to go :)

To be honest, I've not really told my fam as its too much pressure on me. I hate the 'here she goes again' roll eyes I get when I tell them that i'm dieting again

I've been on that many diets that they dont take me serious....so I kinda want to do without them all being on my case about it, and avoiding the 'you cant lose weight because you're naturally big boned' speech when I cave....

I'm the only one in my family that has a weight problem so they dont understand my relationship/issues with food and why I struggle so badly around it.

I guess I just want to achieve this under my own steam and on my own terms...

And I'm so taking your advice about the measurements....thanks.

Hope you're enjoying the day :)

Well done hun!!

How did u manage to not eat Xmas dinner if they don't kno??

I kno where ur coming from tho I told only my parents N bf as I had to but even then I keep detail minimum n jus get on wit it!

X

X

Hey Cee, how are you? Has it been a good day xx

I'm doing very well, thanks for checking in on me :)

But 100% since my friday weigh so I'm feelin great...

Today though, my brother, who is a personal trainer confronted me about not eating and said that the diet I'm doing is no good. He said that he's worried that once I stop the weight is going to pile back on...

I told him that he was right but I reassured him as best as possible that the maintenance part of the cambridge program is very effective when the time comes for the reintroduction of food...but he didnt seem very convinced....ah well :rolleyes:

Just 3 days to weigh in day....I cannot WAIT! I've been monitoring my weight on my own scales (at every moment I can) and seeing the numbers go down is sooooo liberating... :)

You could challenge him to find any research that regaining weight is more likely after a VLCD (there isn't any).

Between 80-95% of people who lose weight on any diet will regain it. That includes weightwatchers and slimming world. What is true is that if you regain after a vlcd you'll do it faster than on another plan. But within 2 years 80-95% of dieters regain.

Actually vlcds in combination with nutritional education and professional behavioural therapy rank among the highest combinations for not regaining. But it's still not much of a success rate.

You could also tell him that NICE (national institute for clinical excellence - they come up with all the rules and guidelines for uk healthcare) have no probs with vlcds, so long as you take a break and go over 800 cals every 13th week.

Hey Cee :) Just dropping by to say hi and to see how you are doing? I am starting on friday I hope never done the Camrbridge plan before... x

Hey Cee :) Just dropping by to say hi and to see how you are doing? I am starting on friday I hope never done the Camrbridge plan before... x

Hi Katiebaby....thanks for passing through :)

Yeh get on it love...we're all here to support you through it!.x

Spangles....thanks you so much for that info. I gave it too my bro to have a look at and he seemed pretty impressed! Just need to stick to the plan now to make him and everyone else a true believer.

I'm a little disappointed though, because I felt like I was in firm control a couple of hours ago, and now after cooking a mean pasta and pasta sauce for my family...I'm finding myself DYING to have a plate of the stuff!!! :(

I tasted the sauce to make sure the seasoning was enough and then tasted the pasta to make sure it was soft now I find myself craving more and more....had to make a SHARP exit and think about what I'm doing...! Just hours ago I was fine and I'm NOW caving in?? What is this? :confused:

I've got 1 pack to go...but I wanted to leave till a bit later until I have it...I can smell the food I loving cooked, upstairs in my room as type *sigh* its gonna be a long evening...

Back