Celebrity Fitness DVD's

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
I was wondering what you thought about these. Now I love Davina's and Jillian's DVD's as they work and they show the results of their hard work.
Now Claire Richards from Steps has been in the press saying that she found it 'too hard' to keep up with the maintenance.
If i had bought her dvd or Natalie Cassidy's i would have been really peeved. I think that they should issue everyone that bought these dvd's with a refund.
'Steps off my soapbox'
What do you think?

It is a bit rich for them to release a dvd then put all the weight back on! It makes you wonder why we should bother when they haven't!

I LOVE Jillians dvds and books and as you say she has proven that what she does works long term. :gimi:, I now tweak the SW plan to incorporate many of here ideas about eating.

I won't buy any other celebrity ones as many lose the weight -declare "I was so miserable at THAT size" release a dvd then will put the weight back on, and then come out that they weren't happy "that slim" :confused:only to lose it again next year and release another dvd :rolleyes:

oooh and I can;t watch Davina even on TV as she makes me want to scream :p

I was wondering what you thought about these. Now I love Davina's and Jillian's DVD's as they work and they show the results of their hard work.
Now Claire Richards from Steps has been in the press saying that she found it 'too hard' to keep up with the maintenance.
If i had bought her dvd or Natalie Cassidy's i would have been really peeved. I think that they should issue everyone that bought these dvd's with a refund.
'Steps off my soapbox'
What do you think?

More reason to ditch the DVD's and go out and do some "real" exercise.;)

To be serious, for a moment, the purpose of most of these DVD's as far as I can see is to make mone for the Author/Presenter/subject first and the punters health and wealth second.

The market out there is huge (literally in some cases) - If it is Jillian from the Biggest Loser, then that's the only one I'd recommend - or at least a fitness person's over a celeb at any rate:)

More reason to ditch the DVD's and go out and do some "real" exercise.;)

To be serious, for a moment, the purpose of most of these DVD's as far as I can see is to make mone for the Author/Presenter/subject first and the punters health and wealth second.

The market out there is huge (literally in some cases) - If it is Jillian from the Biggest Loser, then that's the only one I'd recommend - or at least a fitness person's over a celeb at any rate:)

Yep -thats the Jillian -Jillian Michaels, her books are really good too.

Which Jillian dvd is best? And book? I've got Davina Power of Three but I haven't even put it in the dvd player as yet. Bought it about a week before I found out I was pregnant, and have been boxing on the wii fit since the birth (which is amazing!)!

Which Jillian dvd is best? And book? I've got Davina Power of Three but I haven't even put it in the dvd player as yet. Bought it about a week before I found out I was pregnant, and have been boxing on the wii fit since the birth (which is amazing!)!

I love all the Davina ones.

Back