Celery? Yes? No? Maybe? HEEEEEELP!!!!

ducatidiva

Silver Member
Just read a post on here saying its ok to eat celery whilst SSing. Anyone shed any light on the truth of this? If its ok I have to go and get some right now.:(

I'm having a *really* hard day - the first hard day I have had since day 5. I've got a stonkingly huge headache caused by dehydration this morning (was in supplier meetings) and huge stress this pm (fabric said supplier sold me is all faulty and I am going mental here because I need it to make samples over the weekend). Paracetamol are not having any effect, and I dont feel I should go to bed, I feel I 'ought' to stay up a bit longer.

:cry:I've got a real craving to eat some food.
:cry:Even if it is just a piece of chicken, or even CELERY if its allowed!
:cry:I am trying not to think about having some wine too.
:cry:First time I have really really really wanted to eat or drink something.

HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE :cry:

Sorry but no "conventional" food is allowed on while on sole source including celery.

And it won't help with the headache so if the paracetamol won't do the job then maybe an early night is in order ???

Mike

Thanks Mike - I had a feeling that whoever had said celery was ok *must* be totally wrong... At least I absolutely loathe the stuff :sigh:

Reactions: Bea
Any conventional food while on sole source will slow weight loss and every item of food has calories in it whether it is carb, protein or fat rich.

Some foods will also knock you out of ketosis (carb foods) which will make you hungry as well but basically any normal food will slow weight loss and hence it is best to stay on the straight and narrow of packs, water and tea/coffee.

(I know I am boring!!)

Mike

Mike you are *not* boring LOL! I was just looking for an excuse to be able to have something different and feed my mental anguish more than feed my body, which, lets face it, is not actually hungry.... I think I knew that I really couldnt.... but needed telling!

so I had some water instead which was just delicious :crazy:

Oh Elle....sorry you are feeling down....this is the first time you have been like this almost since the beginning of LT.....When you are stressed your body uses up more sugar reserves which I think lead to more craving and my cravings still kick in when having a bad bad bad day...which it definately sounds like you are having today! An early night (with a trip to the hot tub :)) sounds in order to get away from temps.....hope tomorrow goes better...things always seem better when you have a good nights sleep. (((((hugs)))))

Thanks Bea, I'm off to bed now, will try to forget about 'work argh' till tomorrow :)
I did have a cup of my amaretto flavoured ground coffee (which I had hidden in the freezer) in sheer deserpation and I'm hoping it wont affect ketosis, no hunger so far, keep fingers crossed!
Sleep tight :)

You too and sweet dreams...that coffee should be fine as it isnt flower based....take care!

Awww hun...Mike is right though.....you dont want all your work to go down the plughole now do you. Get yourself to bed !

Thanks for your support guys, I am feeling much less stressed this morning :) and I'm just going to have to be patient and get my clients to be patient too and wait a bit longer for the sampling. I never really realised how much work-stress and snacking & drinking were related for me until yesterday!

It seems the amaretto coffee hasnt affected ketosis at all (even though LT told me 'no, no you mustnt have that') so thats one nice thing to look forward to!

Good to see you are back on form!

Here's some of the sites we chatted about before. The first is the company my sis worked for. She worked on all routes but recommends Alaska if you are up for adventure but you would need 2 weeks at least. The second is a link to a UK site that does some really good deals....... Princess Cruises : Cruises to Alaska, the Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, Mexico, Mediterranean, &the Panama Canal. Book your cruise today. and Princess Cruise Line | Cheap Princess Cruises | Cruise.co.uk

Oooooh thank you Bea! Alaska would be so amazing if I could tear myself away from work for that long!! I shall have a wee browse through them :)

I hope you feel much better mate *hugs*

Hi Elle,

Glad to see you out the other side of the craving...

Well done:grouphugg:

Hi Elle,

Hugs from me too, you are an inspiration to us all and help us a lot so any help we can give.....we will always be here for you too.

Oooooh thank you Bea! Alaska would be so amazing if I could tear myself away from work for that long!! I shall have a wee browse through them :)

Any questions you have - let me know and I can get my sis to answer! She worked for nearly 2 years on with the Princess Cruises.....

Hi Elle,

Hugs from me too, you are an inspiration to us all and help us a lot so any help we can give.....we will always be here for you too.

Well said Merlin!

Hi Elle,

Well said Merlin! Its good to have our girl back on form!! Yah!

Back