Celtic Tiger - A New Scales, A New Start!

I agree with you regarding changing your attitude towards food and i can see where you are coming from. I lost over 4st a couple of years ago but got complacent and the weight slowly crept back on. I had to get back into the right frame of mind before I started back on a VLCD. Well done on the steps you ARE taking to change the bad habits you were falling into. By resisting the takeaway meals and booze you're moving in the right direction you're showing commitment to the diet and the lbs will be melting away with these changes alone. Good luck with the weekend Conor x x

Thanks SM, and continued success to you on your journey.

Conor x

Good morning,
. Well I have been hopping on my digital a fair bit recently, and some of the readings were way off, plus it was eating batteries. So I invested in a shiny new digital scales which will record my weight accurately from now on. Even though my old scales indicated I had list close to 7lbs last week, and I had noticed my clothes fitted better, my new scales is reading 280.0, so that's what I will take as my correct weight. Let the weight loss begin...

Well. I have good and bad to report. I have stuck rigidly to the packs and shakes plus veggies, no carbs, no dairy. However..... my son achieved 2nd place out of 100 golfers playing in the Presidents Prize at our Golf Club yesterday, so proud Dad bought a few bevvies for his mentors & had a few beers to toast his success. Back on track again to-day.

Hope you're all doing well.

Conor

Last edited:
Well. I have good and bad to report. I have stuck rigidly to the packs and shakes plus veggies, no carbs, no dairy. However..... my son achieved 2nd place out of 100 golfers playing in the Presidents Prize at our Golf Club yesterday, so proud Dad bought a few bevvies for his mentors & had a few beers to toast his success. Back on track again to-day.

Hope you're all doing well.

Conor

:wow: that is amazing and well deserved a drink. Well done xx

tubbynomore said:
:wow: that is amazing and well deserved a drink. Well done xx

Thanks Ali. And now for Dads results! I was 100% yesterday! Hopped on the scales this morning, 277.5. Not all I'd hoped for, but it's heading in the right direction! Incredibly, I've another 11lbs to loose to get to Obese. I'm determined to achieve that by the time we go on holiday this day fortnight.

Thanks for dropping by,

Conor

Have you tried chromium supplements? They were recommended to me by a couple of other Slim 'n' Savers
and work a treat for banishing the ol' cravings.
You should easily be out of "that" weight bracket by your hols. Will you be on plan during the holiday?
Best of luck anyway.

CelticTiger said:
Thanks Ali. And now for Dads results! I was 100% yesterday! Hopped on the scales this morning, 277.5. Not all I'd hoped for, but it's heading in the right direction! Incredibly, I've another 11lbs to loose to get to Obese. I'm determined to achieve that by the time we go on holiday this day fortnight.

Thanks for dropping by,

Conor

How you doing?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Have you tried chromium supplements? They were recommended to me by a couple of other Slim 'n' Savers
and work a treat for banishing the ol' cravings.
You should easily be out of "that" weight bracket by your hols. Will you be on plan during the holiday?
Best of luck anyway.

Hi Shivie,
Good to hear from another Celtic Warrior in the Battle of the Bulge! Nope, I haven't started any supplements. I've given up dairy, carbs and cut wayyyy down on the alcohol. I plan to keep as close to the basics of S & S as possible, but we need the family break most of all. I plan on plenty of exercise in the sun, loads of healthy BBq's & salads for all the family.

Good luck on your journey,

Conor x

The scales do seem to be going in the right direction! Good good.

Hi Amber,
Thanks for dropping by, Yep, I just hopped on them after a Jacuzzi, but I will wait until the morning for the official weigh-in.;)

Hope you are enjoying good successes with S & S. I'll pop on to your thread now for a nosey...

Best of luck,

Conor x

How you doing?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi BB.

Well overall, I guess I'm doing fine. Life has yet got in the way of my headlong weight loss, but I will have to just accept it and move on. If I can't be 100% true to the packs etc, I do try to maintain 100% carb free, and stick to protein meals with loads of approved veggies. I have done particularly well keeping off the booze (almost completely) so I should see good results over the next few weeks.

Continued success to you,

Kind regards,

Conor x

Hi Shivie,
Good to hear from another Celtic Warrior in the Battle of the Bulge!

:8855::8855::8855:
Very good!! We might lose a few battles en route but we'll certainly win the war in the end!
I'm hoping for a steady 3lbs a week off, but any loss is a step closer to a healthier more
fulfilling life. Let's DO THIS!

Hi Conor how's it going with S&S?

You're doing great Conor. I especially like that you mention other achievements too. I seem to be so focused on trying to lose weight that I just look over other good changes I've made. I really do wish you all the best with slim and save :)

Greetings fellow MM's, from a sun soaked La Zenia, Spain. It was 40 degrees Celcius (102 Farenheit) at 4.30 pm yesterday, and I think to-days even hotter!

Well, I havent been 100% carb free, but I took a tip from a certain Bride to Be on here, and am walking & swimming every day and am really feeling the benefits!

I finally got the pedometer on my iPhone working last evening and was delighted when it recorded that I had walked 8 kilometers (5 miles) along the coast in 10,000 steps and completed the round trip in just under 2 hours.

I plan to do something smiliar for the remainder of the holiday. What a world of difference it makes walking in the sunshine with a cool sea breeze on your face...

No scales here, but, I'm eating sensibly, guzzling liters of water and walking everywhere, so I certainly feel a lot healthier than on our last family holiday in Italy last July. Thanks Minimins for all of that.

Best wishes to all who are trying to shed the pounds, being in better shape on a sun holiday is a definite bonus.

Good luck to you all,

Conor xxx

Just back after another 2 hour hike. Swim, then Dinner.

Life is good,

Conor x

You seem to be doing really well on your holidays Conor and the amount of exercise you're fitting in is sure to see you getting a good loss when you get weighed.
Might get myself a pedometer and get cracking on the 10000 steps after reading your post. Well done :)

Back