Cerezette?

sugar_lipswales

Silver Member
Has anyone found this pill to affect their weight loss? Apologies if in the wrong place but wasn't sure. I've been on Cerezette for a few months now and I've noticed my losses slow down considerably, I used to lose between 2lb and 4lb a week but now it's staying the same or 1lb off here or there if I'm lucky :( I'm seriously considering coming off it, I'm single and not with anyone so why not? Has anyone else had problems with this pill?

Hiya, I'm on it and have been for about a year but unfortunately during that year I've faffed around weight-wise ..... so any lack of weightloss is really down to me!

I'm at the GP's this morning for a pill check though so I'll ask them if its known for affecting weight/loss etc.

HTH Jo x

i'm on this pill and have been for a few years, tbh don't think it's affected me either way :)

I used to take cerezette and found i put on a lot of weight. my doctor said it was just water. but it did help nby drinking lots of water and staying away from things that help you retain water. my doctor put me on water tablets as my legs and every joint had swelled up with water. once i took the water tablet the weight dropped off.

Last edited:
OK I'm just back from the docs and I asked him about this, he said that because it effectively messes with your hormones (that's not quite the term he used, mind) then you may retain a certain amount of fluid, but, if you're on a diet and losing weight anyway, it shouldn't affect the weight loss because the fat will still be shifting, so the scales will still be going down as the level of fluid retained (IF any is) won't increase!

But basically he said there's nothing about cerezette that should actively stop you losing weight, or slow down your weight loss.

Hope that makes sense, not sure I've explained that very well ..... it all made perfect sense when I was in there of course! lol

HTH

Jo x

lol i dont have the best lcuk with contraceptives lol they have all given me really bad side affects lol except the one i'm on now!

Over the last 3 months of taking it I've only lost half a stone and my diet hasn't been that bad, apart from Xmas of course lol. This week I've kept a food diary with every single morsel that has passed my lips written down, been to the gym 3 times and walked everywhere I can. If I haven't lost when I weight in in an hours time I'm going to see what happens when I come off it, I'm single at the moment so contraception isn't really an issue. Thanks ladies x

I put so much weight on whilst I was on the pill - I came off it and now feel so much better! They doctors normally dismiss claims that the pill is making you gain weight but if you read online reviews from women you will see a different story. I really wish GPS would state the weight gain issue before giving it to people.

I've only lost 1lb, that's not enough for me when I've worked my butt off at the gym this week and not eaten anything I shouldn't. That's it, the pill is outta here! I was told it wouldn't affect my weight but it obviously is! So annoyed and disappointed :(

It will be interesting to see how stopping it ffects your weight loss.
I came off cerazette about 4 months ago now as it was making me really spotty and I noticed that my hair was thinning very slightly. I had also put on weight but that was pre slimming world and I was eating badly so an't really blame it all on the pill! I feel so much better now I'm off it/ My skin is clear and my hair is feeling much better.

Well, it's my first week off Cerazette and I've lost 2lbs! I definately noticed the spotty skin too, really big swollen ones that hurt a lot. I hope this is the start of my weight loss mojo returning lol

Hey

I was on cerazette for just over 4 years, i'm not sure if it made me put on weight or not. It did stop my periods as soon as I started it though but then in August last year I started bleeding constantly (which is a side effect apparently!). I came off it straight away and now on yasmin, but my GP told me to consider the coil or injenction. I am considering the coil as i'm fed up of having extra hormones put into my body by pills.

I've been on one pill or another for over 10 years and I'm fed up of messing with my body! I had the coil once but after only 2 months I had to take it out as I'd started bleeding really heavy and it turned out it had failed, I got pregnant but miscarried. It's not necessarily going to happen to you but it's something to consider. I'm staying away from any kind of contraception for the forseeable future, I'm not in a relationship and not likely to be. We can put a man on the moon but we can't invent a pill without weight loss as a side effect :(

Being on Cerazete put about a stone and a half weight on me but then all the pills i've taken have put weight on me.
I've done mini pills, combi pills and injections and all put lots of pounds on me, that will be the hormones!!!

Cerazette is the mini pill which only has one hormone in it, maybe it doesn't suit you, any reason why you changed? I'd consult your GP if you are really worried about it.

He he. We can put a man on the moon. Why can't we put them all there. Then we wouldn't need contraception. I have given up on all contraception after having injections and putting on 2 stone. A year later, things still aren't normal. I ahve a man that has had a vasectomy so don't need it./ I did like not haveing periods though. Forgot how much I hate them.

Lynda

I started this pill last week and put on 1lb! I can't be certain that it is definitely this but I wouldn't be surprised! I came off the injection which is known for weight gain,so I hope this isn't worse! *sigh* contraception is a pain,it can ruin all your hard work! :(

I wouldn't say it put weight on but it definately made me fight to lose whatever weight I could and people trying to lose weight just don't need the extra hurdle. I told my doctor this and he still said this pill does not cause you to gain but here's the dirty little secret - it bloody doesn't help!

Back