Cerulean's Diary Day 40 and 2st 4 gone

Cerulean

Silver Member
Day 40 already. It drags and then before you know it you're about a quarter of the way through (for me anyway).

I've settled into a happy routine of a Thai Chilli at lunch, made with a little whizzer that cost 2 quid from John Lewis and then a huge bowl of one chicken and one mushroom packet when I get home from work and then a hot chocolate before bed. To be honest, not being able to run off to console myself with food when the going gets tough is a relief. But it does leave me a little cofused. I'm not sure what else to do instead. I have long baths every day anyway, I spoil myself regularly and I don't have anyone else to think about when I get home. In a way it's been a blessing, but I can't help but wonder what I'm going to fill my life with to replace food (well I sort of know, but I don't know you well enough to tell you yet!) I must confess that for the last couple of weeks I have been reading recipe books with a vengeance - I can't wait to cook again. I suppose I could now but there's noone to cook for and I really don't fancy inviting people round and then making them eat in front of me...I'd feel a bit bonkers.

I have no idea what goal to go for. I want to be under 12.5 stone so that I can go horse-riding in Hyde Park - but I can't ever remember a weight I was happy at. I was a size 12-14 when I was 10st in 1990, but due to the sizing changes in recent years I could get into a 14 when I was 13 stone 9 years ago. I felt fat at 10 stone, but that was distorted thinking, I'm sure.

Week 1 13.64lbs
Week 2 4.62lbs
Week 3 2.64lbs
Week 4 7.48lbs
Week 5 3.3lbs

Total - 2st 3.68lbs in 35 days
Aiming to be less than 100kg by weigh-in on Sunday 18th Feb

Hi Cerulean, well done on the weight loss so far. You seem to have found a nice little routine to follow and I found that helped me immensly. Like you I had no one to worry about but when my routine went out the window, so did my ability to SS!

I know what you mean about reading recipe books - I did the same but didn't quite get to finishing the job properly so I am back on the wagon trying to finish this time and go into the maintenance stages properly.

I'm sure as you get closer to goal you will decide how you feel and decide on a comfortable weight for yourself then.

Good luck and looking forward to hearing about the rest of your journey.

Thanks Sarah. I'm Sarah too. It's good to hear someone else is reading recipe books as well!

Cerulean's diary - day 42 and 2st 8lbs gone

Well, had a lovely day today, some friends of mine and I went to Frock Me, a vintage clothes fair in Chelsea - I bought a pretty brooch, some diamante earrings and a parasol.

Today's group was amazing - it's week 7 and we all started to really open up to each other. Funnily enough my iPod froze today and I had to reset it for the first time and something said in this week's LL DVD reminded me that I am resetting myself so that I can be reprogrammed. This week I have had quite a lot of stress at work - good stress - not negative stress - just the sort of pressure that keeps it exciting and engaging - but the long hours and dedication mean that I really missed things like a glass of wine at the end of the week - I'm not too good at using non-narcotic things to relax me quickly - so I really should make an effort to find something a little more healthy to help me switch off quickly. I gave up smoking a year ago so I'm sort of missing that a lot right now - I would never go back to it, but I do miss the 'hit'.

I'm feeling so positive - 36lbs in 42 days is just incredible. I assume I'll be down to 3-3.5 a week from now so I'll have to deal with the slowing down as and when that happens. But I'm under 100 kilos and there's only a stone and a half to go before I break the barrier of the thinnest I've been in 8 years.

Well done C, you are doing fab, the vintage fair sounds cool.

I too was a receipe book reader, at least once a week Id get them all out and fold over the pages of the stuff I wanted to make!!!

When weight loss goes to 3 or 4lbs a week its not a problem, because the compliments start coming more then, 3 or 4lbs when you are slimmer is a lot. I found It was a good 3st in before people really noticed, and then they noticed all the time, that was how I dealt with it, and also crashing the barrier for you will be a big factor, mine was 12 and a half stone, and when I crashed through that then it was all the motivation I needed!!

you seem to be doing fab !!!

I hadn't thought of it like that, but you're absolutely right - people are starting to notice and each pound is starting to count. What a great thing to keep in mind - thanks!

Week 7 WI - 2st 12 gone. Only 5ish stone to go!

Well - I now weigh 2st and almost 12lbs lighter than I did 7 weeks ago. This equates to over inches off my main body parts (each) and 3.5 inches off my thighs!

This week (week 7) was where the real compliments started and I realised that my shape was coming back.

If there is a secret to my success it is that I have resolutely not tried any of the bars (mainly because I don't like fake food at the best of times and I hate chewy bars), I don't do anything with the packs other than make soup and shakes out of them (too paranoid of losing any vitamin content!) and I usually drink 5-6 litres of water a day - although as my BMI has reduced I feel less and less able to drink much more than 5.

I might be doing the London to Brighton bike ride in June...but I shall need to ask the forum's advice as I'm not sure that cycling 54 miles (plus seven if you count actually getting my bike to Clapham Common in the first place) on 500 calories is a wise choice. If you have any advice or knowledge of a SSer or any description who has done anything similar whilst SSing I'd love to hear about it - will probably cross-post this bit to the LL or exercise bit just in case.

If anyone could spare a minute to explain how I change the thread title so that I can update my weight, that would be handy!

If anyone could spare a minute to explain how I change the thread title so that I can update my weight, that would be handy!

Hi hun- go to your first page of posts then click edit.

Once in edit mode, click on advanced, then you should be able to change your title.

xxx

Hi hun- go to your first page of posts then click edit.

Once in edit mode, click on advanced, then you should be able to change your title.

xxx

Fabulous - ta very much!

Well - I can't change the title but it's almost day 80!

Despite a 0.1 kilo loss on Sunday - although my lovely LLC pointed out that I was wearing jeans - I usually WI in a dress that weighs 1lb! and I remembered that I had drunk almost all my water and had most of my food packs (I normally only have 1 foodpack and half a litre on a Sunday before WI) I think it's safe to say that despite officially being 3st 9 and a bit down on day 77, I think I'll probably be hovering over the 4st mark on day 80. A stone every 20 days! Can you believe it?!:D (Of course you can!)

Yes - so anyway - I ventured into the world of LighterLife bars last week - I'm finding them useful, but breaking up my routine has shown me that I am not as all powerful as LL made me believe I was. The chewing has made me experience some sort of hunger - I wouldn't dream of having more than one bar in a day, but I can hear the bars in my work desk drawer calling me - just like the old days - except in the old days it would have been my packed lunch calling me at 11am followed by nipping out for more food at 2 (I'm sure it's not just me that's been in that place!)

There is much work to be done, but you know what? I'm getting there, bit by bit, day by day and I'm definitely in it to win this time!

I've walked 20 miles in the last three days - lets see if I can make it a marathon by Friday!

I've been treating myself with Lush goodies - I love their Ma's Bar that makes the bathwater smell like a Mars Bar (well - it's one way to get a sugary treat without gaining an ounce) - and Temple of Truth bath melt smells like biscuits - and somehow it works...plus it makes you smell lovely.

Back