Cerulean's Maintenance Diary - 20 wks of SSing - Maintaining since 25/07/11

Illa - I started doing the diet after I got the role in the top picture - I was starting to get typecast as shouting authority figures and horrible women (or ratbags as Monty Python call them) The subsequent roles I have got are in a similar vein as I still have the strength and authority, but I'm hoping it opens up different parts for me - you have no idea how many film castings specify 'slim' for mother figures. The roles I am doing in the Camden Fringe don't depend on my physical type, luckily!

TF&G - I bascially couldn't take the picture any other way and then thought 'Ha! I look like I'm going YEEEHAAA!' Thank you for your lovely comments. If you could see the state of my skin! - I have about 10 horrible spots all over my face - I always get this on SS

Quick update...woke up ran lines, got bus to rehearsal, horrible day rather glad I had something to do, ran across town to a workshop for a volunteering thing with kids I'm doing, then the buses were weird (I've had it with weird buses for one week!) 4 stopes shut in a row and I had to walk in the rain over a mile to the next functioning one and then I got the bus to the only branch of my gym that stays open past 4 on a Saturday. Was supposed to do a 2.8k run but I just wasn't feeling it - different treadmill - too long since my last pack, legs a bit leaden...those days happen during training so I just did 200-300m on off with the odd 100m walk for 3.2 k - a bit of speedwork, nothing mental - just making the best of a grumpy day's training! Swan 400m as the gym was close to closing time had a nice sauna - was going to walk on the heath but the next set of black clouds rolled in so I bussed it home.

Am home now in my jammies - am going to listen to the proms and read some books on nutrition and some books for fun.

Off to rehearsal for 4 hours...walked the mile and a bit to the gym, ran 3k gently (v. gently, no stopping or walking and then swam 1500m. Coffee and a peanut bar on the bus. Good work Sarah.

Hey Sarah just thought I'd pop in a say thank you for being so inspirational, particularly with 30 DS. You and Carly are like our very own 30 DS cheering section, it's definitely kept me going. Seeing your photos reminds me that it can be done and I can do it again. This time round it's less of a mammoth task and yet I'm finding it harder, so I'm more determined to beat the odds and get there.

Thanks! I was just thinking I should start another 30 day shred with new super weights as I'm just not getting on with 6week6pack - I really do miss all the cardio and strength work! - I know I will take up 6w6p when I'm a bit lighter and have less fat and can see the actual effect, but the extra 10 mins is making it tough to fit into my life at the moment!

Yeah - I am fascinated by the kettlebell stuff, we have them at my city gym...but I'm not doing anything with heavier weights until I'm off SS - 810 is coming up soon (not sure when - too busy to do food shopping til Midsummer Night's Dream is over!)

The beginning of the end

Well - I'm 12st 1.5 which means I'm properly 5st down. 1st 5.5lbs away from 'healthy' although according to the waist measurement indicator, I am more than healthy (less than 31 inches) but according to body fat measurements, I am not - so ha - I can't stop just yet. I think if I lose the next stone I should start having a fat reading in the 20s which for a lady of my advanced years is about right.

I may start adding in cottage cheese and salad in a few days - although now I've read the metabolic typing stuff - the reason I put on 2lbs in my 810 week may be that I was eating the wrong kind of protein and low fat to boot, but having high fat in a low cal week could be tricky so I'll stick to Cambridge rules until I'm on 1500 (seriously will not be buying foodpacks at that stage, the sooner I'm off these strange chemicals the better!)

I'm just blabbering...today is an exercise rest day...I was physically knackered after yesterday's but I think that might have something to do with our 5 hour rehearsal and I felt great whilst I was doing it...but yeah - the running distances go into anaerobic phase this week which is usually where your glycogen levels start to count - so could this be my last ever week of SSing?

We shall see!

Well done Sarah the end is well and truly in sight now!!

Knackered - just got back from rehearsal - OMG I had the fierce hunger today and no mistake. Jaysus. And it was a quiet day physically...go figure. I know it was partially tiredness and also all the planning to see when I come off this stage and thinking about 810 meals...and it was easy enough to ride out...I perused the protein section of M&S at St Pauls but luckily that's like the most expenisve M&S in the world (13 quid for some prawns? I THINK NOT) so if you ever need putting off buying munchies, do go there!

Did rehearsal - about to have my soup - day 131 done...so so close to the magic 167...first time in the 11s since the b*stard boy ruined my life. I'm over it now. Never again will I let a horrible smelly boy ruin my waistline!

Oh crappy day :((

My landlord is putting up my rent by 15% - so just as I am coming off the diet, my already tight budget is severely restricted.

Ugh...I'll manage cos I'm a grown up - but it caused 2 hours of sheer exhausted temporary depression as I looked at London rental prices - which have gone insane - the Olympics are the worst thing that has ever happened to this bloody town.

I'm lucky - I have a modestly good City job and have a decent wage (I have debts which means a lot of my income is a bit tied up for the next year, but I get by and I can just about make the rent)

I've looked at all the legal whys and wherefores, and yes, they can do it, they can put the rent up that much. Bumpiddle.

But hey - I'll go and talk to La Banque and have a think and try to sort out my money a bit - it was about due.

But this is my home...my sanctuary - I hate things disturbing it...this happened loads the year after LL! It's like a test (or a curse)

I did my first 2 mile run today though! Whoop!

So tired and my weightloss has slowed again over the last two weeks. I know I'm getting smaller as all my 14s are too big for me by far, but when you're trying to hit a BMI and you know that you're running out of time and money...well - it's a royal pain. I know it will take about 6 weeks to get there depending on how ridiculous the scales are. I just want it to be 3.5 3.5 3.5 3.5 and me done at this stage. Which is a reversal of what I usually think, but I am now under ridiculous pressure because of my money grabbing landlord.

Lmao no don't you ever let any 'smelly boy ruin your waist line' your so right.

It's happened to my friend at work.! Oh well we learn from our mistakes huh?

Have a lovely day x

it's funny I had a problem with my landlord too at some point in the diet lol ;) for right now I just decided to ignore what she's asking me too, we want to move in a few months anyway. But it was very testing on my diet, put me in a high level of stress I would have wanted to soothe with food....But even if I did not indulge in food, my weight loss stopped for a bit, I think it's stress...I had to let go....Good luck

Tough week this week, busy every night and work a little bit tougher than usual because I have a trainee for the next two days which makes the whole day something I have to think about rather than just freestyling. And then the letter to my landlord lands on their matt this morning so I have to wait for their response (hopefully they'll be cool with what I've suggested, but what if not? Oh god I can't deal with a move right now - and also there is nothing out there in my budget witout moving to a much smaller place much further out).

Scales have been stationary for 2 weeks which is hardly motivating especially just over just a momentous figure - today I am 168.8 - thanks scales...HOW ABOUT 167.9??? - but like I keep saying, I'm a 12 now...I am slim - I just need to lose the last 2 stone 7 to get rid of my belly slappy flappy bit and the last chunk of abdominal fat and have 7lbs of glycogen to put back on, but when I lie on my back I'm concave in the tummy area which is always my benchmark.

Due to the personal financial crisis I am going to forgo my place at Raymond Blanc at the end of September. I dunno what this means for my Mum's birthday...but it means I can relax a little more about how soon I am off the programme. Due to the money I have to find for rent I have rebudgeted the next 8 months and I'm happy not to drink for the duration whilst I sort out my metabolic typing diet (alcohol's a total no no for my type - once you know what you're doing and you're back in the zone you can have a couple of drinks now and then, but I'm happy to write it out of my life seeing as it was one of the contributing factors to me putting the weight back on).

And so it goes on

Tough day yesterday,

training someone who had to sit with me all day, so that looked weird as I didn't eat all day, so there was fussing and who wants to tell a stranger about Cambridge? And then when it was lunchtime I had to joke 'I don't eat human food at the moment, I'm just finishing up a special diet with protein bars and things' so when we went to see some other people she was all 'Apparently she's not eating human food'. She kept offering me sweets and mints. Again, way too early to explain. No time to myself all day, ended up doing a couple of hours longer than I usually do and didn't have enough time to get a swim in, I barely scraped my scheduled training run - but I did do it - and faster than my usual pace (cos there wasn't time to do it any slower!) then I had to high-tail it to the theatre where the play I had written was being performed.

I guess I find out today if my terms of renting are acceptable. I have a plan b that lets me stay here for another year and I can't see how they can raise my rent from next week with one week's notice so it is a good fallback position. Ugh - just all so bloody stressful. Cannot wait for the next week to be out of the way, but I am looking forward to being in The Dream.

It'll all work out in the end. It always kinda does.

Oooo Sarah, what is with other people at the minute, I had to endure sitting with my colleagues all of which raised more than an eyebrow when I didnt partake in the gloopy goodness on offer at the head office canteen. One very facetious women actually sneered "so are you losing weight then?" Erm well only 28lbs and a bit, no biggie!

As for your rent situation, this is happening all over the shop as landlords come out of buy to let and fixed term mortgages. I assume you have checked your tennancy agreement? It normally says when landlords can put the rent up and by how much. If not, then he/she may not be allowed to do it (legally at least!) but you dont want to pee them off as they can chose not to extend your tenancy in the long run.

These things are sent to try us :)

Last edited:
Back