Challenges?

missjelly

Silver Member
Hey all :)

I'm pretty pants when it comes to exercise but lately I've been super good - going swimming or gym almost every day *squee*

Am a little worried I'm gonna tail off though in the long term. :(

I've seen in other threads, weight loss challenges etc but are there any fitness challenges about? Or anyone who'd want to join one?

I figured it'd be good for the motivation :p

Miss Jelly

yeah why not i'll join a fitness challenge, i'm gonna be putting a pedometre on as well so i can monitor my steps in a day.
i'm also in the ea 30 day exercise challenge. which is great.
maybe you could join that, or how would you monitor it/measure the exercise?

I'd be happy to join a fitness challenge :)

I want to join the steps challenge up the top of this forum part when it gets started :) if I can only figure out how to use my pedometer correctly >_<

On the weightwatchers.co.uk forum, they've got some challenges going (all about half way through) which made me come have a looky on here :)

Atm, they're swimming different rivers as teams and posting their distances till one team swims "the river" - Guess you could run or walk it too if you didn't swim :)

I guess it'd depend on what kinda things everyone's doing :p

Was just a though - any motivations is good motivation right?

A chellenge I often use with my clients is on the Step machine.

They step to 25 floors as fast as they can, which usually takes between 5 and 8 minutes. They will have their speed on about 4.0 to 5.0.

A few days later (because their hips are too sore the very next day!) they will up the speed by 0.5 and get 25 floors again, in slightly less time.

This process keeps going until they cut thier original time by 50%

One of my client's original time was 7:30 at a speed of 4.0.

I told him his goal was to do it in 2:30 and he laughed his head off.

5 weeks later he's doing it at around 2:48 seconds, on speed 11.0 and he can't believe how much his fitness has skyrocketed. And when your fitness goes up like that, there's no two ways about it that you will see a difference in body composition.

hi justin, r u a gym instructor or personal trainer?
i qualified a couple of yrs ago but then had a car crash which damaged my spine so piled on a load of lbs. now getting back to my original fitness and losing the weight, cant believe how much ive forgot.
u seem like u know ur stuff hun x x

just added a challenge.... if anyone is interested

Jenny Belte - I'm a Strength and Conditioning Coach, PT and gym instructor.

Im sorry to hear that, but its good that you're getting back to it. How has your progress been so far?

Missclare - the exercises you hate most are usually the ones that will get you the best results =)

Back