challenges

Fran27

hey,

well its quite strange writing on this forum, as i am a nutritionist, so i am actually not here to receive support on healthy eating etc, but i am here to advise on the challenges that may come upon us.
i deliver support to people as part of my job, and people always ask me if they have a christmas meal coming up with work what do i do? what meals should i go for? should i say no?

so what would you advise them?

what would you advise them to do? lol :D

i suggest that they have 2 options really:

1. try to choose the healthiest possible option during the meal, ask for lots of veggies, lean pieces of meat, little or no gravy, wholemeal/wholewheat options. choose healthy puddings and drink water or low fat/sugar "diet" drinks. also try to avoid alcohol as it can be high in fat and calories. of course all this depends on which particular diet someone may be on, for example someone on atkins could eat a lot of meat etc

or

2. have an organised day off and allow yourself to eat the not-so-healthy food but to not feel guilty about it - one day "off" won't ruin all their efforts

or they could always decide to not go to the meal, maybe choose another thing to do with colleagues instead :)

Back