Challenging, but successful weekend

Alibongo

Happily pro pointing!
Well, I had my first real challenges this weekend.

My DD had a birthday party to go to. it was in a creche type place way out of town and the only waiting place was a cafe. So I had it all planned out, I took some mags bought a large sparkling mineral water, sat down, and one of the other mums came to join me. She then proceeded to order food :sigh: (it was mid afternoon and she had had lunch, so I hadn't expected this). Any way, her food came and she offered to share *GULP*, 'No thank you' I said, 'I had a big lunch, I couldn't eat another thing'. I lie, but she accepted that and all was fine. Although I did covet her chips.

Today, we went to SILs as it was her birthday. I had spoken to her previously about the diet as had MIL (I think) so she was very supportive, and totally understands that I won't be eating dinner on xmas day.
The tricky bit was, everyone then tucked into lunch. It smelled lovely and looked great, as did the birthday cake. I played with the baby and we both abstained ;).

Then we went into Edinburgh to see the Christmas Fayre, OH MY! the german market, the highland market and the french market were full of food stalls with everything you could imagine. DH and BIL proceeded to stuff themselves with all they could fin, and I had to buy DD some French cookies, which was very painful.
SIL was brilliant though. It does really help having support.
Then back to SILs for more cake :cry:
They did have peppermint tea which was a nice surprise, so I had a few cups of that and played with the baby.
So although it was a tricky weekend full of temptation of the highest order. I DID IT!!
Not a single morsel passed my lips.
And I had 4 foodpacks to come home too, so I am enjoying them this evening.

What a relief! I know for sure I can get through Christmas. It will be tough, but I can do it and I have the support, and a small baby niece to keep me occupied, and join me in abstinence.

Reactions: sun
congratulations on your total abstinence and willpower, with your mindset as it is, you will achieve your goal in no time, and remember those who do cheat nearly always continue picking, it is so much more harder to abstain once you've had a taster!

Well done xx

Congratualtions Ali

That is some serious willpower you showed this weekend - bet you feel so proud of yourself for battling through - quite right too. That dream shopping trip will be just round the corner

Love
Laura

I do feel quite proud of myself, but I know deep down, that if I was eating, I would have had several things, I wouldn't have been able to limit to just one, and I would have bought stuff to take home. I know I am only 3-4 weeks in but I do hope the counselling can help me sort this out.

I wish I had had your self control this weekend. Instead we had Soupgate. Why cheat on soup when I can make lighter life soup you all ask? One word: Dumplings!

Now when other people around me, my self control is great. I can refuse food easily, give me a night in on my own and suddenly I lose all will power and this is what happenned on Saturday night. I went around to visit the parents, they went out and I stayed at their house for a while. On the stove was a big vat of potato and leek soup with dumplings. To start off I just tried a bit, then I stole a dumpling, then I had a bowl and then another.....

Why oh why oh why?

However, I have got myself back on the straight and narrow today but still look back with regret.

Chris, that would have beaten the best of us.
If I had been in a similar situation I am not sure how I would have coped. It is a very different situation.
At least it was just soup, and you have got back on track.
You have to learn from it, forget it and move on.
:hug99:

Hey Ali,

Just wanted to say HUGE HUGE well done for jumping all those obsticales at the weekend. That is a massive achievment.

Chris - dont worry - you went back on it straight after so you should be proud that you have written it off and moved on. You could have thought sod it and blown out over the whole weekend.

P x

I'm currently trying to distract my cravings for baked beans (?!?) with images of those biscuits I'm going to make out of a Lemon bar tonight.

Congratulations Ali :talk017:

Well done! The main reason I have managed to stick to my diet the last couple of weeks is because I have not been tempted by food. I went into Waitrose just once to buy water and I couldn't wait to get out of there - so tempting.

Well done Ali, i was the same while on ll, i went away for the weekend & the meals were great but i just kept saying too myself nots forever.Its so worth it.

Well done you!!! I resist temptation by remembering what week 1 was like trying to get into ketosis....I don't want to go through that again, so that keeps me on the straight and narrow!!

Back