Change from LL to CD?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by chrismars, 13 March 2007 Social URL.

1. chrismars

chrismars Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi everyone. I have been following LL since 7th February and have had to give up the programme because of an intolerance to lactose. I did put a thread on the LL forum about this a few weeks ago (before I actually knew what the problem was) - a rash appeared on my eyes within 2 days of startng the diet which gradually got worse until I looked as though I had 2 black eyes - apparently a symptom of lactose intolerance. I had about a week and a half off the diet when I contracted the flu and then thought I would start again but taking lactase enzyme capsules along with the foodpacks. No! No! said LL.And I have had to stop. I do still have 15 packs left which I shall finish along with taking the capsules though.

I have had a 20lb weightloss all together (altho not an official weigh-in so not updated on my ticker below) and I want to continue with this.

The reason I'm writing is that I have read on the CD website that there are lactose free packs available on CD. Has anyone had experience of following the CD plan lactose intolerant?

I have left messages today with a coupe of CDCs in my area but have'nt heard back from anyone yet.

Any info would be appreciated.

Chris livelifelighter

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    CD do 3 lactose free products - mushroom soup .... which i stock all the time as some of my clients prefer it to the others, and a chocolate and vanilla shake. So you are more limited - but hopefully it won't give you any problems.

4. chrismars

chrismars Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've spoken to a CDC this afternoon and have booked an appointment with her for next Monday evening. She needs to order in the special shakes for me. Hopefully, flirty40greeneyes, I can 'stomach' only 3 flavours but it's a means to an end and I'll manage. I shall try to stretch out my remaining LL packs to next Monday so that I remain in ketosis and won't need to go through the 'hunger' period one more time.

Thanks a lot,

Chris

5. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    best of luck chris! the mushroom, choc and vanilla are lovely. u can change the way u make them as well to get some variety.

you can have the chocolate hot, u can add in some berry water flavouring which is available from ur CDC and u can make truffles from the choc packs as well.

with the vanilla u can add ground cinnamon and have hot or cold.

then on top of that u can have the packs as porridge with husks or use the "mix-a-mousse" which is also available from CDC also.

so! u ought to find lots of variety with even only a choice of 3 packs. theres a sticky in the top of this forum for recipes anyways.

best wishes

xxxxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.