change over from cambridge diet sole source to ww

amandaw2409

Hi everyone I'm due to finish Cambridge on Monday and have my ww first meeting Monday eveningi have lost 2 st on Cambridge bit now need to teach myself food, does anyone have any helpful tips for me or maybe done this themselves also I have a planned night out next Friday to a Chinese Buffett I was debating leaving ww untill the week after but I can't afford another week on Cambridge what do people suggest many thanks and hope your all doing well
Start weight 15st 12
Lost 2 st on Cambridge
Start weight on ww.... ?

I would say that if you are going from SS to WW then you might end up with a slight gain at first. SS is only around 500 calories and your body might at first leap on the chance to store some energy. But you are making the right decision. Too many people do things like Cambridge but don't teach themselves how to manager food.

WillowFae said:
I would say that if you are going from SS to WW then you might end up with a slight gain at first. SS is only around 500 calories and your body might at first leap on the chance to store some energy. But you are making the right decision. Too many people do things like Cambridge but don't teach themselves how to manager food.

Agree with the above post. I'd also be careful about the amount of carbs ur eating for the first wee while, maybe re-introduce them gradually. I would expect a gain during the first week... Good luck with it, WW is definitely a more realistic way to lose weight and make the lifestyle changes you need to keep it off... IMO.

Good luck with your WW journey.

Cat xx

Hi good luck will be interested to see how you get on. Are you working up the steps at all or moving straight across? Im moving to ww pp once the time is right too currently on my first week of step 3 x

I was just going to move across but gradually introduce the carbs I'm obviously expecting a gain to start off with but am Hoping to get into the swing of things quickly x

This is second day off ss now and have my first meeting at ww tomoro feels lovely to be eating food again and can't wait to lose some more x x

amandaw2409 said:
This is second day off ss now and have my first meeting at ww tomoro feels lovely to be eating food again and can't wait to lose some more x x

Did you find it strange eating 'solids' again? I remember when I finished with Cambridge it felt weird having different textures in my mouth again ! Lol....

Good luck at ur WW meeting tomorrow! Report back and let us know how u get on. :)

Cat xxx

Yes was soo very strange and I wanted 1 of everything lol !!! Thank u and will let you know tomorow x

SS for me was 400 calories, and I'm not a small girl! It made me miserable. I lost 2 and a half stone then stopped then started again and again.

Then I put it all on and then some. The last time I SSed was about 6 months ago. I stopped. Put on 2+ stone and started calorie counting. 1600 a day. Lost 18lbs and repaired most of the damage but plateaued after 3 weeks of being angelic. I lost my rag with it all and started WW and won't look back.

SS is safe but not in the long run in my opinion. You actually end up in ketosis for long periods of time and create such a massive deficit that your metabolism may not recover (my mum is a prime example.)

I got advice from the counsellor running my ww group and she said I'd be fine but she did ask how long since I did the last lot and was concerned. You may want to step it up slowly as per cd steps towards maintenance before going full blown back to "normal" eating ww style because the one thing I've noticed is that with the points per day and points for the week that's a helll of a lot of food! And you dont want to put on and undo your amazing work!! Good luck! Xxxx

Even if you totally forget about the health issues of 400 cals and any long term damage that ketosis can cause, Cambridge just doesn't deal with WHY we get overweight in the first place. You HAVE to sort out issues with food. I tried Cambridge thinking that all I needed to do was go cold turkey and take away food from the equation. Just like an alcoholic takes away alcohol. Just doesn't work :(

I started today after having been on CD for years. It goes off and then back on again as soon as I start eating again, I am not blaming CD as it is brilliant but this time I want to do it slowly and be able to keep it up after I stop. I have spent the last year stopping and starting CD.

I have changed over before and if I were you I would avoid the big carbs for a few weeks (potato, bread, pasta) try and introduce them back into your diet gradually. When I changed over last time I jumped straight into the carbs and then got upset when I was putting on weight and gave up. I would also keep up the water, water seems to improve weight loss whatever the diet.

Anyway, good luck hope you carry on with the good losses.

Ok so first weigh in New scales and eating for 3 days means gain of 3 lbs although I was defo expecting this means hard work for this next week can't wait :) x x

amandaw2409 said:
Ok so first weigh in New scales and eating for 3 days means gain of 3 lbs although I was defo expecting this means hard work for this next week can't wait :) x x

Not bad. Good luck. I might be joining you I can't quite make up my mind this week x

i know exactly what you mean about changing over i wasnt sure if i was ready but when you reach a point your only losing 2lbs a week i thought i might aswell do this whilst re-training myself eating foods again i cant tell you how lovely it is to eat a piece of fruit or some sald !!

amandaw2409 said:
i know exactly what you mean about changing over i wasnt sure if i was ready but when you reach a point your only losing 2lbs a week i thought i might aswell do this whilst re-training myself eating foods again i cant tell you how lovely it is to eat a piece of fruit or some sald !!

Yeah I've been havin that on step 3 anyway. Decided to stick with step 3 for another week may move over next. Watching to see how you get on tho. Have you started a diary x

How are you getting on hon? Xx

Not to bad thanks, although have had some stomach ache not sure if its all due to totm !! Have had some carbs this last 2 days not a lot just a pitta bread and ww choc bar, the only thing I'm struggling with is eating so much because the last 7 weeks I've had nothing trying to eat 32 pp a day I can't do it I'm making myself eat /
drink 26 as lots of people say this is minimum think I will have a chat with my ww leader on monday x how r u doing ??

Take it a little at a time - don't force yourself to eat hun. Your body will adjust to being hungry again. Just use points wisely - maybe semi milk instead of skimmed, use healthier fats - cheese, olive oil etc. There's better ways to use up your points if you need to. And remember that although fruit / veg is nil point it does still have a calorie allowance x Glad to hear you're doing ok though - i'm moving over to WW at the start of next week once i've finished all the products i have. x

I moved over from Exante which is similar to cambridge a couple of months ago. I ate heathily for 5 days before getting officially weighed in at WW and did have a small gain, but then have managed to lose most weeks since then. The only time I didn't was the jubilee weekend and I had a week of work. I'm doing old disovery points, not pro points. Good luck, you will be fine!

amandaw2409 said:
Not to bad thanks, although have had some stomach ache not sure if its all due to totm !! Have had some carbs this last 2 days not a lot just a pitta bread and ww choc bar, the only thing I'm struggling with is eating so much because the last 7 weeks I've had nothing trying to eat 32 pp a day I can't do it I'm making myself eat /
drink 26 as lots of people say this is minimum think I will have a chat with my ww leader on monday x how r u doing ??

Am ok hon, keep going! It'll be worth it!! I just got in from work, 13hrs!!!!!! God!!! Very hungry...... Not scoffed, kept it well under control so am quite pleased! Just knackard :)

Keep us updated, when's your wi day? Xx

Back