Changed over from CD to Atkins

Hi Everyone, I have just done 2 months on CD(3 stone loss!) but got really bored with having no variety so Yesterday I switched to Atkins. I am doing the Induction as I feel it lets you understand all the carbs much better and also gives you a little margin for any errors in judging your carbs. I have been in ketosis all the way through my CD but this is totally different, smelly wee!!:rolleyes: and mega weird mouth! I need to ask a few questions though, is it ok to have Hellmans Mayo on my salad or should i be using vinegar and oil? also what about corned beef is that ok? I was also told that you can have pork scratchings, is this correct? Can anyone give me any nice crunchy snacky type things to munch on when watching tv at night(my worse time)Couldn't find anything in the book about all my questions. Thanks, Jill x

Hi Jill

Welcome to the Atkins board.

I am still doing the dreaded shakes and soups with an Atkins meal, but don't know enough about it to advise. I just wanted to welcome you.

The others will all be along soon to help you on tasty snacks and foods. I know that others have been having pork scratchings so these should be fine.

Good luck on Atkins.

hi hun , welcome , yes pork scratchings are fine (no carbs)
nuts are also a good protein rich snack but not in the first 2 weeks.
things like corned beef ect all have different levels of carbs so just check and count it in youre 20 g a day , most corned beef is very low cab x
good luck hunnie xx

Snacks on induction are pretty minimal. I have sugar free jelly with cream most nights but some people find it knocks em out of ketosis.

I switched from Lipotrim to Atkins 3 weeks ago and I couldnt be happier. Its a weigh (excuse the pun) of life for me now! :D

You can have mayo - make sure it's the normal version though - the low-fat ones usually have extra carbs, as so most low-fat versions of things.
Good luck with the switch and enjoy eating again!

Snacks on induction are pretty minimal. I have sugar free jelly with cream most nights but some people find it knocks em out of ketosis.

I switched from Lipotrim to Atkins 3 weeks ago and I couldnt be happier. Its a weigh (excuse the pun) of life for me now! :D
Just had my sugar free jelly with whipped cream too!! Its so nice to be able to eat after all those weeks of shakes and soups. Just hope the weight loss is as much though. x

You can have mayo - make sure it's the normal version though - the low-fat ones usually have extra carbs, as so most low-fat versions of things.
Good luck with the switch and enjoy eating again!
Thanks, i noticed that the cheaper (asdas own) Mayos had loads more carbs than the "real" stuff. Don't suppose you know if Tabasco sauce is ok too? x

Thanks, i noticed that the cheaper (asdas own) Mayos had loads more carbs than the "real" stuff. Don't suppose you know if Tabasco sauce is ok too? x

Id stick with Hellman's full fat Mayo, seems to be the best one.

I dont think the weight loss is as much as CD or LL or LT because you will be consuming more calories but its still pretty good. I lose waaaay more than I would do on a low-fat diet!

Hi and welcome. Have you read the stickies at the top of the forum, they are a gold mine of information. I have found that the Tesco own brand mayo is the most low carb.

Hi and welcome. Have you read the stickies at the top of the forum, they are a gold mine of information. I have found that the Tesco own brand mayo is the most low carb.

This is my mayo of choice and has been for years. Even if Hellmans was on buy 1 get 2 free, I would still go for the Tesco one, it's yummy.

Thanks Jim, yeah the stickies are fantastic. Can i just say this Atkins section is the friendliest on here, infact it's one of the friendliest forums I have been on. Thanks for all your help everyone. Jill x

We're all please to help Jill, In fact you'll have a hard time getting this lot to shut up. :D

oooooo jimjim thats fighting talk !!!! LOL

But true, Sexy Sukie Sue ;)

lol true :0), my hubbie would definately agree , he can barely get a word in :0)

See, Jim's always right

Back