Changes at Slimming World Classes

bilsat

Really likes to cook
A few weeks ago our group had a visitation from an area manager and when our Consultant read her report she was upset, comments about the chair layout (not in a horseshoe shape) due to the room being long & narrow with a firedoor at one end.
The table layout not correct, but overall a great group.
The new ideas about moving the start times (which will mean that we may have to move due to late shutting as the caretaker doesn't want to stay any later), who wants to go home later at night especially in the winter!
This plus a family problem has resulted with our Consultant handing in her notice.
Due to this I visited several other groups in the area and another Consultant has resigned after 9 years due to comments from the area manager about table layouts & chair layouts.
What is wrong with them! every building is different and you fit the equipment in as necessary, also what's the problem with starting early to suit the members!

In an ideal world everything would be uniform but it's not an ideal world!

If SW are not careful lots of Consultants will go before they stop this nonsense!

SW please remember the members are what keep you going so please have a rethink!.......

Rant over, thank you.

Its changed at our group too. The consultant got a ticking off for weighing in early and the set out of the room now is ridiculous, creates a bottle neck and I personally feel it is more intimidating for new members to walk into the room the weigh it is now.

We've moved venues this year and even though its bigger (thats why the move) the layout for weighing/paying is awful and no-one ever knows where to stand especially newbies

My friend packed the job in last month too as was sick of the silly rules

Our consultant doesn't do the 'image therapy' thing as SW would like, the class is rather informal & we chat about SW changes, foods, things which may cause us to go off plan. It's really good & you get to know lots of things, but last week our consultant said she is going to have to do image therapy as SW is clamping down. Hopefully she will do it in a simliar way to how class is normally. Personally I don't want to tell people if I've gained, or the wrong side of my target. Anyway we'll see, but it would appear changes are happening in SW.

We have had the same in our group. Our consultant is leaving and they are finding it very hard to find a replacment. One of the other consultants from the town next to us is doing her evening class but its far too much for her. I can see us being left with no one.
Our consultant was saying that they are hiring people who have had great weighloss for the management roles when they might not have any experience and vice versa for the consultant roles.
I think they need to do something about it all very very soon :(

I for one hate the horseshoe shape! I think it's very intimidating that everyone is facing the scales, so what should be a private moment is actually witnessed by everyone. Even if nobody is paying attention, actually standing on a pair of scales in front of a roomful of people seems bonkers to me. When I went to RC/WW, the person collecting money and the scales were actually at the back of the room. There was never a bottle neck, and things ran smoothly. At my current SW class, you have to queue right by the door to pay, and this queue often overlaps the weighing queue because of that flipping horseshoe of chairs in the way! Why don't SW actually ask their members what they want?

our brilliant consultant felt forced into quitting too - 3 months or so ago because SW (?) wanted her to do two classes on the tuesday night - one at 5.30 start and the other at 7.30 start (I think) - she was already working full time and had a fantastic group - but they persisted which resulted in her leaving too.

How stupid is it that these kinda things happen.

This has kinda frightened me a bit. I love my consultant and would hate for her to ever leave us! Although I hadn't heard any of this about changes etc.

It's strange that so many dislike the horseshoe layout - I really like it. We have our group in quite a large hall, and the layout just works. Everyone seems to be really happy with it. The scales are far enough away from the horseshoe to allow for a little privacy once weighing, and the pay station is at the opposite end, so that there are two clear, seperate queues. The shop is in another end of the room opposite to the new members area. It all just works really well.

I hope things don't change out our group. If it aint broken, don't try to fix it!!

I like the horseshoe layout, but Ive never seen any other layout and Ive weighed in at a few other groups over the 18 months that Ive been doing SW.

Id hate for my consultant to leave I love her and shes so supportive!

A few weeks ago our group had a visitation from an area manager and when our Consultant read her report she was upset, comments about the chair layout (not in a horseshoe shape) due to the room being long & narrow with a firedoor at one end.
The table layout not correct, but overall a great group.
The new ideas about moving the start times (which will mean that we may have to move due to late shutting as the caretaker doesn't want to stay any later), who wants to go home later at night especially in the winter!
This plus a family problem has resulted with our Consultant handing in her notice.
Due to this I visited several other groups in the area and another Consultant has resigned after 9 years due to comments from the area manager about table layouts & chair layouts.
What is wrong with them! every building is different and you fit the equipment in as necessary, also what's the problem with starting early to suit the members!

In an ideal world everything would be uniform but it's not an ideal world!

If SW are not careful lots of Consultants will go before they stop this nonsense!

SW please remember the members are what keep you going so please have a rethink!.......

Rant over, thank you.

My consultant had the same thing a few month ago. She ended up at a meeting with the Top boss at SW head Office where she told them why she had resigned and they convinced her to stay, but she's refusing point blank to do her weekly calls with her Team Developer (who was the person saying 'you must be in a horse shoe & you must not weigh anyone early etc etc etc)

The problem is, that some consultants are flat out rubbish, and SW are trying to get them all to a certain level. However, to be a Team Developer you don't actually need t ohave any experience of managing teams, and they don't pay a managerial salary, so you are unlikely to get alot of people with the right skills off the bat in those jobs, and we all probably know how bad it can be when you are managed by someone who doesn't know HOW to actually manage.

kingleds said:
My consultant had the same thing a few month ago. She ended up at a meeting with the Top boss at SW head Office where she told them why she had resigned and they convinced her to stay, but she's refusing point blank to do her weekly calls with her Team Developer (who was the person saying 'you must be in a horse shoe & you must not weigh anyone early etc etc etc)

The problem is, that some consultants are flat out rubbish, and SW are trying to get them all to a certain level. However, to be a Team Developer you don't actually need t ohave any experience of managing teams, and they don't pay a managerial salary, so you are unlikely to get alot of people with the right skills off the bat in those jobs, and we all probably know how bad it can be when you are managed by someone who doesn't know HOW to actually manage.

I've never actually understood why they get into trouble for weighing early. The amount of time there's been a huge queue at like 6.50 bit they will not start weighing until bang on 7:00....

Is there a reason why they aren't allowed to weigh early???

Oh and regards the groups changing, mine is a relief consultant because no one wants our group for some reason :( so I'm not sure they would be bothered how it's run.

ts something to do with the license that the consultants hold. They can't weigh people outside of advertised hours apparently. The exception is the social team, who have to be weighed early obviously.

Our group used to have 2 rows of chairs, both in horseshoe shape and now we have one longer row in a horseshoe shape. And I don't like it!! I've always sat on the back row and been comfortable there and I sit and do my team scores (I'm one of the team captains lol) and was happy there.

Our consultant didn't tell us everything on the list but she did say there were a few things on there but she was ok with it as it was constructive critisism rather than nitpicking.

Personally I think it should be down to group members too to write down annonymously what they arnt/are happy with. Not just these people who come and sit through the meeting

My consultant sometimes weighs me about 15 mins early when I'm on night shift. I'm very grateful for her for doing this, I hope she doesn't get into trouble for it! As a result I've only missed 2 weeks as was on holidays and my consultant knows how determined I am. If it wasn't for her dedication I wouldn't be 5 st lighter!!

my consultant says she has to be strict about weighing in early because people can't behave themselves, basically. she needs time to get in and get set up, or now that she runs 2 classes on our night she needs a bit of space between classes to go wild and have a wee or something. she said once you start weighing a couple in 5 minutes early, more people start arriving 5 minutes early, and then some of them will start coming 10minutes earlier so they're still 'early'. before you know it you've got half the class waiting 15minutes before they should be and she's still unloading the car. she will do the odd one under special circumstances. i think it's perfectly reasonable! we all know what time it says the class starts!

also have no problem with the horseshoe or how image therapy is conducted. i think i'm lucky with my consultant, i can see it must be hit and miss. weigh in feels private, the queue flows just fine. there needs to be some constants under the brand name so i can understand them requiring consultants to adhere to the method.

Have no problem with the horseshoe shape for IT but in our group it really does mess up the queues... two queues coming back off either end of the same table results in them both following the curve towards each other and mixing up the queues - especially confusing if you come in and there are two large queues already but you don't know where either queue end or even who is in your queue. I think it would be better for the pay desk to be just inside the door with the weigh desk up at the opposite end of the room so there is one continuous line

My class is quite bad for people sitting down in random places as they are too lazy to stand to queue, people wandering off out of the queue confusing the crap out of everyone behind and also people totally jumping the queue, sometimes out of genuine confusion but sometimes just with the confusion as an excuse! (I notice it always happens to the quieter members who are too nice or shy to say anything)

Not heard about any changes tbh but our weigh ins never start early as the doors don't open til bang on time.

A really interesting thread this! My consultant has always set up by the time I arrive ( I am on the social team). Our group doesnt officially start until 12.30pm but she is so efficient everything is set up, chairs done, table done, etc. However, we have members coming in about 20 mins early and she is quite strict about when we can start pay and weigh. The social team go through first, then she says can you just give us a minute whilst my social team make a drink and get themselves ready.She will then give us the nod to start. I didnt know this was S W rules. You learn something every day :)

Back