Changes at Slimming World Classes

Oh so do you mean that if a member texts or fbook a consultant at the last minute to book a holiday to avoid backfees it can no longer be done?

hollys nan said:
Oh so do you mean that if a member texts or fbook a consultant at the last minute to book a holiday to avoid backfees it can no longer be done?

They are supposed to text or email (not Facebook) the day before group to avoid the fees. They are also supposed to not assume it is done unless they get a confirmation. Hence why FB is not okay - there is no guarantee that the consultant will see in time!

I am so pleased to find this thread i am a consultant who is really struggling with a very aggressive manager trying to change my group times. I run my group almost to the letter the SW way and both I and my group are very happy with the group size and its times but in the last few months everything seems to have changed and i am facing a constant barrage of criticism from my manager. Thankfully both my regular group and my relief group are packed with supportive successful members and i am desperately trying to ride out this latest management led storm and retain my sanity (and my group). I was awake last night nearly all night wondering if I was just being awkward not wanting to change my group times.

My manager recommended the new layout which i have modified somewhat because I wouldn't want to be weighed right in the front of the horse shoe but i am dreading my next "visit" as all she ever does is criticise. last night she told me my group of 70 must be like pulling teeth it was so quiet! I could honestly have cried I promise you its not, its lively buzzing and (i hope) really motivating but she says I have to aim for 100 to 120 members. I have seen several consultants driven out in the last few years but this new type of management but this thread has reminded me that if the members are happy and successfully losing weight then i am doing something right despite what the manager says. Sorry for the rant.

On another note the reason we dont weigh people before the allotted time is because they just keep turning up earlier and earlier and earlier!! When i first started many years ago we were very lax about times and people take advantage and then it gets very chaotic the social team come under a lot of pressure, you the consultant are trying to sort out early birds when you are also trying to set up/introduce new members.maybe you dont realise how disruptive and i am sorry but quite selfish it is to ask to be weighed early its not just you it has a terrible ripple effect on the group and both groups and consultants thrive when its banned. If a member emails or texts and asks to be weighed early for a specific reason I do give them a very early time to pop in but obv they get no image therapy and it has to be a one off. I work very hard and very long hours and weighing people early means i have to be set up organized and ready early.

I am so pleased to find this thread i am a consultant who is really struggling with a very aggressive manager trying to change my group times. I run my group almost to the letter the SW way and both I and my group are very happy with the group size and its times but in the last few months everything seems to have changed and i am facing a constant barrage of criticism from my manager. Thankfully both my regular group and my relief group are packed with supportive successful members and i am desperately trying to ride out this latest management led storm and retain my sanity (and my group). I was awake last night nearly all night wondering if I was just being awkward not wanting to change my group times.

My manager recommended the new layout which i have modified somewhat because I wouldn't want to be weighed right in the front of the horse shoe but i am dreading my next "visit" as all she ever does is criticise. last night she told me my group of 70 must be like pulling teeth it was so quiet! I could honestly have cried I promise you its not, its lively buzzing and (i hope) really motivating but she says I have to aim for 100 to 120 members. I have seen several consultants driven out in the last few years but this new type of management but this thread has reminded me that if the members are happy and successfully losing weight then i am doing something right despite what the manager says. Sorry for the rant.

On another note the reason we dont weigh people before the allotted time is because they just keep turning up earlier and earlier and earlier!! When i first started many years ago we were very lax about times and people take advantage and then it gets very chaotic the social team come under a lot of pressure, you the consultant are trying to sort out early birds when you are also trying to set up/introduce new members.maybe you dont realise how disruptive and i am sorry but quite selfish it is to ask to be weighed early its not just you it has a terrible ripple effect on the group and both groups and consultants thrive when its banned. If a member emails or texts and asks to be weighed early for a specific reason I do give them a very early time to pop in but obv they get no image therapy and it has to be a one off. I work very hard and very long hours and weighing people early means i have to be set up organized and ready early.

Yes totally agree with all you say! We have a queue forming before the social team arrive! Then they look at you as if to say, "well youre here now, lets get on with it" Our c is very good though and we dont start until the allotted time. As you say, it would just get earlier and earlier and you do all work very hard. I think a consultants job isnt just a few hours a week, if done properly it takes up a lot of personal time planning, preparing, and giving support to all the members. :)

I understand from what I have been told that S W head office dont let them start weigh in until a certain time, and this is obviously noted on the pc.

Back