Changes at Slimming World Classes

My consultant did complain one week that people were getting too late for weigh in, which is also a nuisance I reckon

Mine starts at 5:30 and I always go either at that time or sometimes 5 or 10 mins after it I don't like going any earlier as like what you've all said, its not what time the class starts. I've noticed its more the people who just weigh and leave that turn up earliest though.

My old group was laid out in the horse shoe shape. It never bothered me as our venue was pretty spacious so the seats were nowhere near the scales/queue to pay. Out IT consisted of the C going round the room reading out who'd done well/not so well depending on whether that person was ok with it, then we'd have a general chit chat about the week just gone. She was great for doing raffles and playing games, organising walks etc.. But when I read about groups that have their FB groups or have a C that's always on hand to help, I can't help but feel that we were a little hard done by, as I never got any help from the C via email or text.

I'm assuming that the Social team that I keep reading about are the people who help weigh in and take the money?

Hi the punisher, yes we are. We are the folks who flog you literature and hi fi bars, scan bran etc. take your money, and note down your weight every week. Some groups also have members who specifically deal with the raffle every week.Obviously the consultants are busy talking about the plans with new members so they need help with all the admin. We are (hopefully) friendly and smiley behind the tables. If not we shouldnt be helping out! ha ha. :):) :)

hollys nan said:
Hi the punisher, yes we are. We are the folks who flog you literature and hi fi bars, scan bran etc. take your money, and note down your weight every week. Some groups also have members who specifically deal with the raffle every week.Obviously the consultants are busy talking about the plans with new members so they need help with all the admin. We are (hopefully) friendly and smiley behind the tables. If not we shouldnt be helping out! ha ha. :):) :)

:)

And we don't get paid either! We do it out of the goodness of our hearts, and for the occasional free SW mag. My C has had to remind my group on many occasions of this fact as they te d to treat us like paid staff. My big bugbear is people standing around having a convo when i'm clearing away. Would it kill them to put thee chair away!

Ahh see kingleds, our consultant has a later class so I don't have to put me chair back lol :)

I noticed a post above who said about fb groups etc, it is helpful, you get to know the people in your group a little bit more as if you post a photo and recipe, its a talking point at the following weeks class. And your consultant should be on hand to answer texts if you're struggling. That's what they're there for!! Are we allowed to set up a facebook group ourselves for our group?

Our group has it's own facebook page, you contact our Consultant and she lets you on as a friend, I use it to put my new recipes on as well as here!
Pete

same as ours pete, she adds you on to the group when you add her onto your facebook. its really helpful and as i said, a talking point when youve posted something. a lady who joined the other week had put on that shed eaten a twix and THEN looked at the syns and was so dissappointed. i posted back 'oh well, todays a new day so dont worry!' and she was so greatful, said it was just what she needed to hear. so facebook groups are a vital tool to the groups for me personally.

also like you i enjoy posting recipes/pics of food ive had. gives people ideas of what to make for tea

Our consultant invites members to our facebook page when they become members. I think youre either a facebook type of person or youre not. I personally love it, find it very good and supportive. Our c is on there all the time, bobbing on and off even when on holiday. I have actually been for coffee today with another member of her group who goes to a different timed class to mine. We have become good friends and thats nice too. :)

Yep not everyone has facebook of course. But I just think as a consultant they should put the effort in, providing they have internet access obviously. Its just another 'extra' that a lot of us enjoy and some people on here don't seem to get it at their group

Yes that does seem a little unfair, but I suppose it comes down to your consultant. I am very lucky with mine. She is there for every one of us and really cares about our weight loss journey, and also about the target members maintaining target. She is a star and we all miss her when shes away on holiday. She will be back on Monday :) :)

The social team at the class I go to are pretty hopeless because half the time they don't turn up, leaving the C to scramble around asking others to fill in for them. She let slip the other week that they don't even bother to let her know that they are not coming. When she does turn up, the woman who weighs people has a long chat with her favourites as they get weighed, so the queue gets agitated behind as they wait for the 'moment of truth'. TThe weighing in woman hasn't lost any weight in the last 12 months, but kept saying to me 'Ooh you're catching me up'.When I pointed out that I'd actually lost 3.5 stone more than her, she didn't like it.

Yes that does seem a little unfair, but I suppose it comes down to your consultant. I am very lucky with mine. She is there for every one of us and really cares about our weight loss journey, and also about the target members maintaining target. She is a star and we all miss her when shes away on holiday. She will be back on Monday :) :)
Oh mine goes away in september some time and the lady that covers her is ok. She actually was the stand in when I joined as usual consultant was away lol although she isn't as enthusiastic as our normal C she's alright. Nothing to grumble about here lol

The social team at the class I go to are pretty hopeless because half the time they don't turn up, leaving the C to scramble around asking others to fill in for them. She let slip the other week that they don't even bother to let her know that they are not coming. When she does turn up, the woman who weighs people has a long chat with her favourites as they get weighed, so the queue gets agitated behind as they wait for the 'moment of truth'. TThe weighing in woman hasn't lost any weight in the last 12 months, but kept saying to me 'Ooh you're catching me up'.When I pointed out that I'd actually lost 3.5 stone more than her, she didn't like it.

Oh that's terrible maybe your C should choose another social team they sound useless.

That really is bad. I always arrive early and only once had a problem with my car and let my c know in good time that I didnt think I would be able to make group and she came to collect me! I wouldnt dream of not letting her know, when you agree to be on the social team you have commitments and you are relied upon. If you dont want to commit, dont say you will do it!! There was only the c and me on last week because of holidays and it was hard work! Its very rude and unkind just to not turn up. :(

We've had a few changes in out group lately with temp consultants, but now have a fab new consultant, and when she started a couple of months back, we were told the group was going to be run the SW way. Lots of grumbles and a few hiccups but now it's going great. The entrance is halfway, so to the right is 2 rows of chairs in a horseshoe, the interest table bisects the room. to the left is new members, directly opposite the door is the pay table, the ques snakes round the horseshoe and is working really well. NExt table up is the shop, then in the far left corner the weigh table, far enough away from everyone so it's private, and it's not a huge room. Weigh in is 9 to 9.30, whereas before it was basically anytime from 8.30 to 10am for the start of IT. Now WI by 9.30, IT from 9.30 and finished by 10.30.

The Social Team are fab.

Our consultant set up a FB page for her Washington groups, and it's great for that midweek/late night help and support - definitely an enhancement to the meetings. Everyone is posting their recipes, and photos of their meals.

I know that sw have introduced a lot of new rules recently re the horse shoe shape with the seats. I am on the social group so I have taken money & done the weigh in's. In our group we get the people who have paid to go into a into another line for weighting & this works well. We have a table at the end of the room were our consultant does a talk each week for new members. When the image therpy is over we then set up new members & weight them.
Sw head office can see the times you start weight in & tell the leaders what time to stop weighting people at depending on the time of day the meeting is at. I would ring my consultant if I could not turn up to do the social group as it is not fair to the other sw members or my consultant. I have a great consultant who has a fb page for the group & I can text her if I have any problems also.

Yes I would ring my consultant too if I couldnt turn up for any reason. We are really relied upon. I have been there with just a stand in consultant and she was with new members so I was taking money, running the shop selling mags etc. and weighing. Needless to say it was an interesting session! But we coped! :)

hollys nan said:
Yes I would ring my consultant too if I couldnt turn up for any reason. We are really relied upon. I have been there with just a stand in consultant and she was with new members so I was taking money, running the shop selling mags etc. and weighing. Needless to say it was an interesting session! But we coped! :)

I was faced with that exact prospect this week ( & also am not able to lift anything at present) so I sent an SOS out to my group on FB & managed to get enough people to help me out.

Glad you got help. Its so difficult for consultants as you rely on your social team so much and when someone doesnt turn up it becomes quite difficult. Often members are a (shall I say) little annoyed at having to wait in queue. Dont think some members realise that we are not paid and a little patience goes a long way. Also we have a long queue forming way before the official w i time. :(

hollys nan said:
Glad you got help. Its so difficult for consultants as you rely on your social team so much and when someone doesnt turn up it becomes quite difficult. Often members are a (shall I say) little annoyed at having to wait in queue. Dont think some members realise that we are not paid and a little patience goes a long way. Also we have a long queue forming way before the official w i time. :(

Yes, we get that too & have to explain every week to the same people we can't weigh them yet.
The worst one by far is when someone has a backfee & they swear blind they told the consultant on fb ( even though she says every week you can't do this!). We've had a few get really very annoyed & there's nothing we can do as we aren't allowed to override anymore.

SW haven't actually changed the rules or anything, they are just enforcing then now.

Back