Changes in week two

cat38x

So yesterday was my first weigh in and had lost 6lb, during the week my appetite went and had to force myself to eat. This week (and ok I know its only second day) but i'm feeling hungry in between meals even though having snacks and a sneaky peek on the scales this morning showed a gain of 2lb :cry: can't see that i'm doing anything different from last week :confused:

Try not to weigh every day - your body naturally moves a couple of pounds up and down all the time. Set a goal of once weekly wi - difficult i know!

Then make sure that if you are hungry you eat nice legal food. Is it real physical hunger or head hunger? I found in the early weeks that having a large glass of water and waiting 10 mins helped to distinguish the two. Discovered that boredom and telephones made we want to have something to chew and taste! Once you know what it really is - you can satisfy. Eg crunch - pork crackling or celery, flavour/chew a mini pepperami etc

Xx

Everyone is different, I weigh myself everyday. It helps me to keep on track. As long as I weigh myself at the same time each day, I never see fluctuation

Last edited:
The same has happened to me I lost 8 pounds in week one now on day 9 and this morning had gained a pound even though I am still ketotic :( hopefully the gods will reward us with a sudden rush of weight loss

Like Tristar said, everyone's different and I, for example, am not weighing myself for the first two weeks. My weigh-in will be my 'reward' at the end of the fortnight. I know I'm in ketosis and I already feel like I've lost weight just by touching my body (weird though that may sound, lol!) i.e. where was once completely squishy feels a little less soft and firmer.
I for one am someone who would get really hung up and competetive (with myself) about how much I was weighing and I don't want it to be like that. I'm not in a desperate hurry to lose loads of weight and intend to turn this into a way of eating for life, so I don't feel the need to monitor my weight every day or even every week. It's how I feel, look and what size I can get wear that count. Don't forget: muscle weighs more than fat
Good luck honey- you can do it....try to relax :) xx

flymypretty said:
Like Tristar said, everyone's different and I, for example, am not weighing myself for the first two weeks. My weigh-in will be my 'reward' at the end of the fortnight. I know I'm in ketosis and I already feel like I've lost weight just by touching my body (weird though that may sound, lol!) i.e. where was once completely squishy feels a little less soft and firmer.
I for one am someone who would get really hung up and competetive (with myself) about how much I was weighing and I don't want it to be like that. I'm not in a desperate hurry to lose loads of weight and intend to turn this into a way of eating for life, so I don't feel the need to monitor my weight every day or even every week. It's how I feel, look and what size I can get wear that count. Don't forget: muscle weighs more than fat
Good luck honey- you can do it....try to relax :) xx

That's really good advice pretty! :)

Dont forget to measure occasionally. Any week i sts weight i use as a measure week - usually have lost inches instead:) that helps keep the motivation up!

Back