changes to plans

It would be madness to stop catering for vegetarians and I am sure they won't. There are too many of them and no sector of the food industry would dare to ignore such a huge part of their potential market.

It would be madness to stop catering for vegetarians and I am sure they won't. There are too many of them and no sector of the food industry would dare to ignore such a huge part of their potential market.
Absolutely. I really don't think SW would take what would be a huge backwards step, purely from a financial point of view.

For years I avoided SW as I thought it was all meat and red days

My consultant just says they're making it even easier and there will be more ways to boost your weight loss

Lots of rumours about them doing away with red and green, and they could just advise us vegetarians to do extra easy. But if that is the case I won't continue to support Slimming World I'm afraid :(

I'd just keep doing green, it works for us now so there is no reason it would just stop working. I still have 20 cashews instead of the new amount of 12...no difference on the scales

I will just carry on with Green. However, if SW do make red/green days obsolete, the new food directories won't show syns values relating to those plans which could make things tricky.

If SW are going to get rid of both the red and green plans, I wonder if the new extra easy plan for all, or whatever it will be named, will include two hexa and hexb, or just the one?

im a veggie and do green....How do veggie's follow Extra easy ?? or am i just being dum :p xx

That's what I am mostly doing at the moment (although that is because of a pre-Christmas economy drive, not because I am a vegetarian). Just leave out the meat and fish and choose the other free foods.

Yes, how would a vegetarian do extra easy ?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

As others have said, you can follow EE by leaving out meat/fish etc. Quorn products are free on all plans and I've been known to do vegetarian Red days by using Quorn mince, for example. The benefit of this is to prevent carb overload which can afflict some vegetarians, particularly those following the Green plan.

I really hope they don't start to limit things on extra easy, like white carbs etc. Maybe they will change pasta and rice to wholemeal and brown? I think maybe they will increase the amount of healthy extras. Or maybe say you have to have 1 third superfree, 1 third protein and 1 third carbs? That would be easy to pick up and not much change to the plan? Obviously just speculating ha!

Some information has now come my way, and what I would say is that things will be a lot simpler, but people should keep an open mind and listen carefully to the explanations.

Some information has now come my way, and what I would say is that things will be a lot simpler, but people should keep an open mind and listen carefully to the explanations.

I so eager to know what it is, it keeps getting hinted at within group but no further info. So frustrating lol

It is a bit difficult for consultants. They are supposed to say nothing until after Christmas. But if, for instance, they havve a new member joining this week, they will have to teach them one thing, then start all over again.

What I heard came to me in a rather roundabout way, and not directly from a consultant, but I gather there will be just one plan given to new and existing members, similar to extra easy, from which you can go "red" or "green" if you wish. Which, after all, you can do with the current EE plan.

Some of the terminology will be simplified.

If current members want to continue with what they are doing now, of course they can - nothing to stop them.

It is a bit difficult for consultants. They are supposed to say nothing until after Christmas. But if, for instance, they havve a new member joining this week, they will have to teach them one thing, then start all over again.

What I heard came to me in a rather roundabout way, and not directly from a consultant, but I gather there will be just one plan given to new and existing members, similar to extra easy, from which you can go "red" or "green" if you wish. Which, after all, you can do with the current EE plan.

Some of the terminology will be simplified.

If current members want to continue with what they are doing now, of course they can - nothing to stop them.

I really think that a vegetarian joining SW should be told about the green plan as first choice of plan though rather than as an afterthought if they know enough to be able to ask about it. The plan may be easier if you are doing EE or whatever this new variation will be called, but not so easy if they cull all the green/red info

Yes I could continue on but I don't really see why anyone should pay to support an organisation that isn't supporting them :(

Back