changes to plans

Yes! And pizza!

I prefer to use coconut oil to cook, but after years of SW it is sometimes hard to break away. I live in fear of everything!

I use coconut oil. I just syn it. Only a couple of syns for a teaspoon and that, I find, is enough for a stir fry for one.

I will definitely stay to class over Christmas to get the new packs, but I'll probably still do Green. it helped me shift over 8.5 stone and keep it off for 18 months so far!

But you can do the healthier version now- nobody is forcing you to eat the low cal, processed stuff!

I didn't say I hope they do away with anything, just that the idea of promoting convenience food over natural food seems a bit crazy to me - IF those rumours are true. Each to their own with what you eat, but I don't want to follow a plan that would encourage me to reach for a mugshot rather than a banana. Just my opinion :)

Exactly I'm hoping it will be a healthier version after the tweaks...no low cal stuff full of nasties and back to proper unprocessed food

I don't understand what you mean as the basic SW plan is fruit veg meat fish salad all unprocessed.
No one forces you to eat muller lights or mugshots. I certainly don't eat them. There is always healthier cleaner alternatives like 0% fat free greek yoghurts or wholemeal rice or pasta or barley or quinoa or buckwheat noodles etc.
The processed foods are classed as syn free not free foods or superfree and all the cookbooks embrace cooking from scratch.
We have bought ceramic pans so no need for oil of any kind or a teaspoon of oil is 1 syn.
The plan really is what you make it and like all plans its subject to tweaks or food abuse but the basics are just that basic unadulterated plain unprocessed food.

SW in my opinion has never been about the processed food the way ww is with all its pointed junk food.

Hex b can be nuts as healthy and unprocessed as you can get.

SW as a plan is as healthy as you can possibly get and if you choose to interpret it differently then that's how you see it but not how I see it.

I didn't say I hope they do away with anything, just that the idea of promoting convenience food over natural food seems a bit crazy to me - IF those rumours are true. Each to their own with what you eat, but I don't want to follow a plan that would encourage me to reach for a mugshot rather than a banana. Just my opinion :)

My consultant never encourages that its alway about free and superfree

As she says those foods are syn free and should be eaten in moderation with loads of veg to bulk them out but certainly not in place of proper fruit and veg etc
She never ever advocates snacking on them

Hi guys
I do SW online and guess I'm going to have to wait for them to get in touch with me in January and let me know the changes.. Just hope it's simple lol.. :)

It might well go online on Boxing Day - that is when our consultant said it was all starting. We will probably all be able to find it online then?

I agree completely - there will always be times when convenience wins, and that's absolutely natural. But the idea of a mugshot being free and fruit being rationed baffles me! It just doesn't feel right!x

Yep! That def makes no sense! I wonder if fruit will only be limited in the new success express? Hope it's only there. And so far I only hear about bananas being limited which is fine, but even to limit bananas and keep mugshots etc free doesn't make sense. If you are going to limit bananas you should limit things like mullers and mugshots too.

wonder if eggs will be limited too? I was told that they used to be?!

Xx

Yep! That def makes no sense! I wonder if fruit will only be limited in the new success express? Hope it's only there. And so far I only hear about bananas being limited which is fine, but even to limit bananas and keep mugshots etc free doesn't make sense. If you are going to limit bananas you should limit things like mullers and mugshots too. wonder if eggs will be limited too? I was told that they used to be?! Xx

Nooooo! Not eggs - I eat so many eggs I might turn into one!!! xx

I think eggs were once limited because they were thought to contain lots of nasty cholesterol. Now that we know they are actually little packages of healthy protein I doubt that they will be rationed.

I'm intrigued as to the changes but all will be revealed in due course - and at a time when we are most likely to want to take notice i.e dealing with the post-Christmas gain!

Back