changes to plans

I know what you mean. I've been doing SW online since 11 August and I still use good old food diary the new one they are trying to push I don't really get it's not as good as old one with favourites and healthy extras etc. I've got old red and green books and will still follow them. What makes me laugh is a mate of mine goes to group and hit brick wall with EE after a while and she was still doing it correctly. The consultant told her to do red and green days as she would see better losses and she did.., so why get rid of them?? Oh well these things are sent to try us lol.. Glad I've got old books though :) x

They are not getting rid of red and green days! The main focus will be, as it has been for years now, Extra Easy.

There will be minor changes to EE, simplification and a speedy booster plan.

Books will focus on EE, again, as they have done for a few years now.

They are not getting rid of red and green days! The main focus will be, as it has been for years now, Extra Easy.

Sounds good to me x

Where will people get information about the green plan if there is nothing in the book and no syn values on the updated app? And I assume everyone, vegetarians included, will be made to do EE when they join? Well if I didn't feel like a second class member before then I certainly will now :(

I was saying getting rid of red and green in books.. Someone's already said that the website will still house them.. I'm just saying why get rid of them in books?? Why not let ppl have a choice so they can choose for themselves as EE doesn't suit everyone..

Where will people get information about the green plan if there is nothing in the book and no syn values on the updated app? And I assume everyone, vegetarians included, will be made to do EE when they join? Well if I didn't feel like a second class member before then I certainly will now :(

Do you have the old books hun? I have the old books and will just follow red days from them. Someone has said that the syn values for red n green will still b on website you could look there or post in here I'll gladly help you if u can xx

When I started 5 years ago in November there was only red and green, EE has not been going for more than that

I was saying getting rid of red and green in books.. Someone's already said that the website will still house them.. I'm just saying why get rid of them in books?? Why not let ppl have a choice so they can choose for themselves as EE doesn't suit everyone..

Its a wait and see job. Red and green have been in a little separate book for a couple of years now.

im guessng, and this is just my thoughts, that simplicity is the way SW is going. I must admit, when I was a consultant, the red and green syn values were confusing for new members, despite me explaining it!

To be fair at end of day we all have a plan that works and if another comes out then theres nothing to stop u continueing on the current one. My sister started years ago on original plan now red and yet she restarted a while back but still stuck to that plan not extra easy x

My consultant said EE had come in 2012 IIRC, but she might have been wrong about that. When I was SW she really pushed EE and didn't even discuss the other plans with me in the few weeks I was there, although she probably would have done if I'd asked as she mentioned there were other plans but to focus on EE, which is what they will do with the new version I guess. It does seem like they might be phasing Red/Green out if the syn values aren't actually in the print books, since even when they were they weren't focused on. Obviously people can follow whatever plan they like if they have the materials but its going to be harder for new members to find Red/Green.

I guess if this new plan is low/moderate carb based they figure Red/Original isn't needed for new members and they might have similar suggestions for vegetarian members (less pasta more pulses etc) then they might think they can phase it out gently as well.

EE was launched for the 40th year, SW was 45 years old this year.
its been around a good while now.

Thanks for that I was trying to think when EE was launched, I joined SW in 2009 & I'm sure it was around then but in the background, but introduced as the 'main' plan a beg of 2010/2011 I think.

Anyway not long now before we find out all about what is changing!!!

Do you have the old books hun? I have the old books and will just follow red days from them. Someone has said that the syn values for red n green will still b on website you could look there or post in here I'll gladly help you if u can xx

Thank you but I know the green plan inside out, my concern is more for new members who will not be given the option of doing it, or any support in group. The updated app only shows EE syn values not red or green, and its disappointing because not everyone will have access to the website to be able to look up information even if it is available

To be fair at end of day we all have a plan that works and if another comes out then theres nothing to stop u continueing on the current one. My sister started years ago on original plan now red and yet she restarted a while back but still stuck to that plan not extra easy x

Yes you can continue on with whatever plan you want to but why pay to support an organisation that isn't supporting you. I for one have no intention of doing that :(

Well i agree on that

Thank you but I know the green plan inside out, my concern is more for new members who will not be given the option of doing it, or any support in group. The updated app only shows EE syn values not red or green, and its disappointing because not everyone will have access to the website to be able to look up information even if it is available

Yes you can continue on with whatever plan you want to but why pay to support an organisation that isn't supporting you. I for one have no intention of doing that :(

Yep, I totally Agree with you there x

I agree too. We need red & green whatever they do with the rest. Especially on the app. You can`t take your computer shopping in Tesco to see syn values before you buy. I know you can lok when you get home, but you need the pkt to calculate sometimes, unless you want to walk around Tesco which a pad and paper to write it all down. I don`t think so, They could lose some if they take red and green

Just a thought - if yiu joined new, never knowing any different, would you feel short changed on EE as a vegetarian?

WW don't have a seperate plan. EE is healthy for all, I think a lot of members wouldn't know different.

On on another note, many consultants dont even know much about red and green. They are mentioned briefly in training but that's all. In fact, we were told everyone, even vegetarians, should start on EE.

Simplicity is key, in my opinion.

We we have but 3 days to wait. Packs available from Boxing Day. I'm looking forward to the new Power Up plan :)

Just a thought - if yiu joined new, never knowing any different, would you feel short changed on EE as a vegetarian?

WW don't have a seperate plan. EE is healthy for all, I think a lot of members wouldn't know different.

On on another note, many consultants dont even know much about red and green. They are mentioned briefly in training but that's all. In fact, we were told everyone, even vegetarians, should start on EE.

Simplicity is key, in my opinion.

We we have but 3 days to wait. Packs available from Boxing Day. I'm looking forward to the new Power Up plan :)

There are some fair points here but EE doesn't suit all as I said in earlier post my friend was told by a consultant to try green/red when she hit a brick wall with EE and she lost loads doing green/red and didn't on EE.
As for vegetarians I think anyone in the right mind would chose green instead of EE for a start you get 2 A HE's and 2 B HE's in green whereas you only get 1 for EE.
Yes we can do what plan we want I just feel angry they are taking away books and syn values and making it harder for us guys who love red/green. And as for consultants not knowing much about red/green j think it's abit poor for the lack of knowledge but hey ho they don't have to know now do they as it looks like red/green is a thing if the past. I will continue to do red days!! Boo hiss :) moan over its Xmas eve for goodness sake. X

On on another note, many consultants dont even know much about red and green. They are mentioned briefly in training but that's all.

Shocking, thank you for reinforcing my view that were treated like second class members and my decision that I'll no longer support the organisation

Back