changes to plans

My consultant said she was 'really excited' about the new changes and needed 30 minutes of our time at the first class after Christmas to explain them which she said would bring 'amazing results'. She also mentioned the Iceland ready meals and said she was surprised at the good size of them!! Penny only just dropping with EE so goodness knows how I'll adapt to changes.

My consultant really annoyed me when talking about the changes. She basically said that she will no longer discuss red/green so if I continue in on it not to mention in class as it can cause confusion. Not impressed at all, surely that is what I pay for after all, the support of the class. I won't be returning I'm afraid :(

Dan x

My consultant really annoyed me when talking about the changes. She basically said that she will no longer discuss red/green so if I continue in on it not to mention in class as it can cause confusion. Not impressed at all, surely that is what I pay for after all, the support of the class. I won't be returning I'm afraid :(

Dan x

That is down right wrong x at end of day its still a plan so should still be discussed x

Dan x
Dan, I hope that's not the general feeling of consultants...maybe change group?

Dan x

That's disgusting Sorry you were treated like that x

Dan x

That's terrible, I'd be inclined to email/ring SW & see what they have to say about it.

I'm not sure what to do now as not really fussed about going back. She said that all I have to do is lose some healthy extras so couldn't see why it was a problem. I find it hard enough with 2 healthy b's I really don't think I could manage with 1. I use for cereal and bread mainly as work full time with 3 young children so I don't always have time to cook. Sandwiches are my on the go lunch.

Sorry for the rant,
Dan x

Hi Dan
Merry Christmas. If your happy sticking to your plan then just carry on, I'm sticking to red days. You could change group and hope for a nicer consultant or you could do it online ( that's what I do ). Or you could just go it alone if you felt you could. Good luck whatever you decide xx

I've been thinking about what we already know and although we don't have long to wait before all will be revealed, I wonder if some people are taking too negative a view. It would be surprising if SW made changes which would alienate existing customers - they almost boast that SW can be done by anyone, afterall!

We know that the Green and Red/Original days will remain. They will just have their separate book, just as they do currently so people can still follow them and have their double HExs

EE will be simplified, and appears to reflect new nutritional advice about eating fewer carbs and more protein. The Superfree rule is changing or being relaxed.

Syns - just one set of Syns. This is controversial but is it really? For products comprising non-Free foods - sweets, crisps, chocolates etc - there is currently only one Syn value for all plans anyway. Where the waters get muddied, is when Free foods get involved. Now, here I confess that I haven't doubled checked my Syn book, but I'm going on memory. In most, if not all cases, either the EE and Green OR the EE and Red Syns match, depending on the type of free food included. So a cheese, veg and pasta dish, for example, would have the same Syns for followers of either EE or Green, but would be sky-high for someone doing Red. But why would you choose to have this dish on a Red day anyway?
Conversely, a dish with say, beef, mushrooms, cabbage and gravy would have the same Syns on both EE and Red but if you're a veggie following Green then you wouldn't touch this with a barge pole so it doesn't matter to you that only one value has been given.

I think those who swop between the plans will have to plan their days carefully and make sure they don't decide to swop from Red (say) to EE half way through the day, forgetting they've already used two HExs. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has accidentally picked the wrong Syn value on occasion - this is now unlikely to happen.

I'm sure that the good people of Minis will start posting concrete information from tomorrow as and when they collect their new packs and the next magazine will reveal more. I, for one, am looking forward to finding out more and I hope that the changes will rejuvenate my determination which has been a bit lacking recently. You know the saying about a change is as good as a rest - well, I'm hoping the same applies to SW, too!

I've been thinking about what we already know and although we don't have long to wait before all will be revealed, I wonder if some people are taking too negative a view. It would be surprising if SW made changes which would alienate existing customers - they almost boast that SW can be done by anyone, afterall!

We know that the Green and Red/Original days will remain. They will just have their separate book, just as they do currently so people can still follow them and have their double HExs

EE will be simplified, and appears to reflect new nutritional advice about eating fewer carbs and more protein. The Superfree rule is changing or being relaxed.

Syns - just one set of Syns. This is controversial but is it really? For products comprising non-Free foods - sweets, crisps, chocolates etc - there is currently only one Syn value for all plans anyway. Where the waters get muddied, is when Free foods get involved. Now, here I confess that I haven't doubled checked my Syn book, but I'm going on memory. In most, if not all cases, either the EE and Green OR the EE and Red Syns match, depending on the type of free food included. So a cheese, veg and pasta dish, for example, would have the same Syns for followers of either EE or Green, but would be sky-high for someone doing Red. But why would you choose to have this dish on a Red day anyway?
Conversely, a dish with say, beef, mushrooms, cabbage and gravy would have the same Syns on both EE and Red but if you're a veggie following Green then you wouldn't touch this with a barge pole so it doesn't matter to you that only one value has been given.

I think those who swop between the plans will have to plan their days carefully and make sure they don't decide to swop from Red (say) to EE half way through the day, forgetting they've already used two HExs. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has accidentally picked the wrong Syn value on occasion - this is now unlikely to happen.

I'm sure that the good people of Minis will start posting concrete information from tomorrow as and when they collect their new packs and the next magazine will reveal more. I, for one, am looking forward to finding out more and I hope that the changes will rejuvenate my determination which has been a bit lacking recently. You know the saying about a change is as good as a rest - well, I'm hoping the same applies to SW, too!

What a lovely post, I too think that most recently the posts have become negative.

We we do have to remember SW have a plan which works and they won't do anything to ruin that.

My consultant gave us a little intro... No red / green any more. EE is the same but simplified as apparently new members found 'speed' and 'super speed' difficult to understand so we're leaving. New plan is based on plan that started slimming world back in the day. Syns still there but only for EE / new plan. Sound like a good one to me!

Dan x

What a terrible thing for her to say! I'd be tempted to make a point of talking about it at every opportunity personally ;-)

Yep as we thought red/green going!! So yes we have every right to be negative.. Those who say otherwise are obviously fans of EE and it's all so easy to say others are being negative when it won't affect them!!!! Don't think others have read Dan's post about the twit of a consultant who was down right rude to her, again another reasons for us to be negative if we want to, do you really pay a lot of money for that??

My consultant gave us a little intro... No red / green any more. EE is the same but simplified as apparently new members found 'speed' and 'super speed' difficult to understand so we're leaving. New plan is based on plan that started slimming world back in the day. Syns still there but only for EE / new plan. Sound like a good one to me!
But the original plan sw started with is the now called the red plan so have sw come full circle

Yep as we thought red/green going!! So yes we have every right to be negative.. Those who say otherwise are obviously fans of EE and it's all so easy to say others are being negative when it won't affect them!!!!

I think that's a bit harsh, I have mostly vegetarian meals as I'm not a big meat eater so will usually have green days, I,also agreed that there is a lot of negativity about the new plan, which, as of yet, we don't know all the details about.

if there is only going to be EE vegetarians can do EE but without the meat and not the two hexs.

Sounds like the new SP plan is very like red/original anyway. Are there any special instructions for vegetarians anywhere - such as "do EE but have a bit more protein in the form of an extra HexA of cheese or HexB of nuts?" i.e. the green plan?

Back