changes to plans

So is sw saying you can't eat pots, rice or pasta? Or are they part of a different plan?

Yes you can eat pots, rice & pasta, but not if doing Extra Easy SP, which is the old success express.

Phew!! I do green. I read they won't be promoting the other plans at all now?

No doesn't look like it unfortunately. I do red days mainly and shall continue doing so. Though what I understand the new sp is like red days. I do it online and won't have the new books posted to me as it's all online but you can't beat looking at books..

I wonder if they post new books out if you do it online??

I am an online member and I had new books sent out to me, arrived this morning! :D I did get the gold package when I initially joined online though, which included paying extra to get the books, so that may be why.

I am an online member and I had new books sent out to me, arrived this morning! :D I did get the gold package when I initially joined online though, which included paying extra to get the books, so that may be why.

Ooh did you.. Wish I could have them might ring them and ask how much to buy x

Ooh did you.. Wish I could have them might ring them and ask how much to buy x

The only difference between the silver and gold packages is the set of books, and the difference in price between packages is £15. I'm sure you used to be able to buy the books via the bookshop but they are not currently showing up on there for me.

I've been thinking about what we already know and although we don't have long to wait before all will be revealed, I wonder if some people are taking too negative a view. It would be surprising if SW made changes which would alienate existing customers - they almost boast that SW can be done by anyone, afterall! We know that the Green and Red/Original days will remain. They will just have their separate book, just as they do currently so people can still follow them and have their double HExs EE will be simplified, and appears to reflect new nutritional advice about eating fewer carbs and more protein. The Superfree rule is changing or being relaxed. Syns - just one set of Syns. This is controversial but is it really? For products comprising non-Free foods - sweets, crisps, chocolates etc - there is currently only one Syn value for all plans anyway. Where the waters get muddied, is when Free foods get involved. Now, here I confess that I haven't doubled checked my Syn book, but I'm going on memory. In most, if not all cases, either the EE and Green OR the EE and Red Syns match, depending on the type of free food included. So a cheese, veg and pasta dish, for example, would have the same Syns for followers of either EE or Green, but would be sky-high for someone doing Red. But why would you choose to have this dish on a Red day anyway? Conversely, a dish with say, beef, mushrooms, cabbage and gravy would have the same Syns on both EE and Red but if you're a veggie following Green then you wouldn't touch this with a barge pole so it doesn't matter to you that only one value has been given. I think those who swop between the plans will have to plan their days carefully and make sure they don't decide to swop from Red (say) to EE half way through the day, forgetting they've already used two HExs. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has accidentally picked the wrong Syn value on occasion - this is now unlikely to happen. I'm sure that the good people of Minis will start posting concrete information from tomorrow as and when they collect their new packs and the next magazine will reveal more. I, for one, am looking forward to finding out more and I hope that the changes will rejuvenate my determination which has been a bit lacking recently. You know the saying about a change is as good as a rest - well, I'm hoping the same applies to SW, too!

Amen to this !! This is exactly what I think ... I follow red days so I wouldn't even look at syns for say "pasta meal"

Having receive my pack yesterday I think vegetarians need not worry. On the SP plan, although it is similar to red, you can also have peas, beans and lentils. Some fruits are not on it ( eg bananas, grapes, cherries and some others). 1 HEA and 2 HEB's - same list as normal EE. It suggests initially doing this plan for a week and then continue maybe adding some EE days too.

X

The normal EE seems pretty much the same - haven't noticed a change in HEs yet. The main change is the wording. No free and super free instead are symbols P for protein, S for speed and F for fibre. Recommend to have at least 1/3 speed foods. The new plan, designed to speed up weight loss, (extra easy SP) you can only have S and P foods (with 1 HE A and 2 HE B) so no potatoes, sweet corn, sweet potatoes, rice, pasta, bananas, grapes, cherries, blueberries (there are others). But you can have beans, pulses and peas.

:)

Back