changes to plans

Taken from the book

Attachments

• 1419765327665.jpg
    1419765327665.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 586
Thank you both I saw on the veggie thread that Barbette had said syn values had changed but didn't specify what.

I'm at target but I need something to get me back on the straight as I've indulged a bit too much so that plan looks ideal for a quick start.

I don't eat meat or most fish and tend to follow mainly green so looking at that I'm sure I can make it work with the protein I do eat like eggs and beans and lentils

On an sp day then - the hexbs are the ee list? No measured new or jacket potatoes?

And no extra cheese :-( (best thing about red days!)

Thanks for replying - that's a shame - I'm sure they are better for you than whole meal bread. Are kidney beans a P?

Great - that will help with my new 'SP day Tuesdays' :)

What are the proportions of s to p on sp days?

So you can have WM bread for a HEB on SP but not potatoes? I guess my usual dinner of salmon and jacket pot will be replaced with pulses of some kind and salad. Sounds very low carb.

Having receive my pack yesterday I think vegetarians need not worry. On the SP plan, although it is similar to red, you can also have peas, beans and lentils. Some fruits are not on it ( eg bananas, grapes, cherries and some others). 1 HEA and 2 HEB's - same list as normal EE. It suggests initially doing this plan for a week and then continue maybe adding some EE days too.

X

Both are lesser plans the green so offer less flexibility and choice for vegetarians I'm afraid

I think it sounds like a better plan.
Does anyone know if it's okay to do 3 EE days and 4 EE SP days. Or any variation?
I think I'd like that option.

Last edited:
I think it sounds like a better plan. Does anyone know if it's okay to do sat 3 EE days and 4 EE SP days. I think I'd like that option.

I agree. I think it's great that they're focusing on protein as a whole group for everyone which includes plenty of meat free options such as pulses and lentils. It sounds like a much more balanced plan.

Having rice, potatoes and pasta will never give you all the nutrients that you need for a healthy body. Personally I've never understood why not eating meat gives you an extra bread option? Nuts, cheese and oil I understand, but not the processed extra carbs such as bread and cereals...

I think it sounds like a better plan.
Does anyone know if it's okay to do sat 3 EE days and 4 EE SP days.
I think I'd like that option.

Hi slim
You used to be able to swap and change plans for example say do 3 days of red then 2 of green then rest of week EE. I think it should be fine but just check with yr consultant to be 100%

I don't get my new pack till tomorrow, but having read everything that has been posted here, I think I'm just going to carry on doing Green as normal. I like my two Hex A's and two Hex B's! Like Janet, now I'm at target I sometimes add extra Hexes anyway.

Back