changes to plans

There are two articles on the website now - one on the basics and one by a vegetarian consultant who has tried eesp.

The surprises for me - yogurt is not an s or p food
- you can have an extra hexa or yogurt after a week on sp
- half and half s and p foods on the plate

I think that'll be cos the main constuent of yogurt is milk - so not a speed food - milk contains protein but some people find it hard to digest so many dieticians recommend not to use milk as our main source of protein.

Well red is pretty much covered by eesp but if you want to green they're not interested and what a ridiculous attempt to pacify the vegetarian members the article on the website was too. I left a comment but doubt it will be published as they only want positive feedback seen. If this is a negative post then the that's because I don't feel very positive towards sw at the moment between this and the imminent introduction of the ready meal range. There are no benefits to me from doing ee only reduced choice of foods and reduced flexibility

EE incorporates meals for vegetarians just the members have to tweak they meals to make them vegetarian friendly. The ready meal range is not a negative thing and its making life easier for people that are on the go constantly. I personally wont be buying them as I have no need but if I was rushing about I would pop into Iceland and get one rather than say order in.

Well red is pretty much covered by eesp but if you want to green they're not interested and what a ridiculous attempt to pacify the vegetarian members the article on the website was too. I left a comment but doubt it will be published as they only want positive feedback seen. If this is a negative post then the that's because I don't feel very positive towards sw at the moment between this and the imminent introduction of the ready meal range. There are no benefits to me from doing ee only reduced choice of foods and reduced flexibility

I must have missed something - I don't understand where the reduction in food choice and flexibility comes in for vegetarians? Anyone following EE has only 1 hea and 1 heb?

Plus we can carry on with the green plan if we want to?

Last edited:
Although yoghurt isn't on EE SP you can have quark and cottage cheese still. As for ee plan not being flexible for vegetarians,why not use your syns for an extra healthy extra if that is what you fancy?

If, as a vegetarian I switched to ee, yes I would feel like I was missing out (losing the extra hea/heb), but I am likely to stick to green. It's worked before, it won't suddenly stop working.

Maybe I'm missing something. Is it simply that doing green allows you to have 2 HEAs and 2 HEBs (rather than one of each on EE)?

I get that that's annoying but is that really so bad? Or is there some other benefit to doing green that I've missed? Apologies if I have - just genuinely curious. x

If, as a vegetarian I switched to ee, yes I would feel like I was missing out (losing the extra hea/heb), but I am likely to stick to green. It's worked before, it won't suddenly stop working.

yes that's the great thing about SW - so much choice!

yes I see what u mean about HEs but everyone not just vegetarians has less HEs if they choose EE?

I'm just asking what I don't know.......what are vegetarians missing out on? 1 healthy extra?
I thought the quorn and veggie meat was free anyway.

I'm just curious as there seems to be some annoyed people who do green days.

Have they incorporated the healthy extras from green days (I'm sure there were different types) into the new plan?

Me too Skinny World!! :eek: have looked on SW website this morning which gives basic info on new plan, might not be too bad, just need to get our heads around it and think 'New Year, new plan, new start' :read: Good luck with it everyone!

The main difference between green and we was an extra A and B and there wasn't the necessity for 1/3rd super free. That said the 1/3rd idea is a good one so I can see the health benefits.

The extra A/B afforded extra cheese.

The main difference between green and we was an extra A and B and there wasn't the necessity for 1/3rd super free. That said the 1/3rd idea is a good one so I can see the health benefits.

The extra A/B afforded extra cheese.

but isn't that the same for non-vegetarians following the red plan?

Maybe I'm missing something. Is it simply that doing green allows you to have 2 HEAs and 2 HEBs (rather than one of each on EE)?

I get that that's annoying but is that really so bad? Or is there some other benefit to doing green that I've missed? Apologies if I have - just genuinely curious. x

It's not just fewer healthy extras but you also get a wider choice of healthy extra b options on green including foods that would have to be synned on any other plan

I've just started my SW plan again today and I'm having a red day. I've had weetabix and milk plus two slices wholemeal bread toasted with cheese on top so 2 HEa & b.. We can choose what plan we want :)

I can see that people who usually follow ee don't think this is major difference to them and that's fine but being a veggie I feel like sw gap a complete disregard for those who follow green days. Yes I could syn my extra hex b but then I'm left with very little syns for anything else. Plus my consultants attitude towards the green plan has now completely changed and she is unwilling to discuss it so sorry if people think it's a fuss over nothing but will not be returning to my sw group. No point in paying for support that I just won't receive.

Dan

If I have understood the article on the SW website properly, on the new EE SP plan, you get two Hex B and one Hex A, but they advise you to add another Hex A after the first week (if you continue to follow it for more than one week). They also say that you can have carbs as free food if you really want to. This sounds pretty similar to the current Green plan to me.

Also, as has been said upthread, we can still carry on doing Green if we want to - it won't suddenly stop working! The main EE article on the website says that people are welcome to carry on with Red/Green if they really want to.

As a vegetarian who is maintaining I plan to carry on with Green, but I might give EE SP a go if I put on a bit.

Can't wait till tonight when I will get the new books and be able to properly get my head around it all!

Last edited:
I can see that people who usually follow ee don't think this is major difference to them and that's fine but being a veggie I feel like sw gap a complete disregard for those who follow green days. Yes I could syn my extra hex b but then I'm left with very little syns for anything else. Plus my consultants attitude towards the green plan has now completely changed and she is unwilling to discuss it so sorry if people think it's a fuss over nothing but will not be returning to my sw group. No point in paying for support that I just won't receive.

Dan

Exactly Dan, I'm frankly amazed that sw has had the nerve to take our money when they are not even training consultants to support members doing the green plan. It does however explain why I had become the go to person in group for any members with questions doing the green plan :-(

Back