changes to plans

Cheers dear! I'm doing it online as I live abroad and its much simpler here than on the website!

I live abroad too and just use old books when I can hold of them from a friend!
So thanks a million Phoenix_Girl this is really helpful.

I also love that Oyster Sauce is now free. Hadn't spotted this.
Yayyyyyyyyyyy - I love my chinese food especially Oyster Sauce so I can have more stir frys.

I have read through my new pack a couple of times and I think the bare bones are this;

Foods have been changed from being Free and Superfree to just free foods, except they now designate them as speed foods or protein-rich.

The Syns section of the new book gives values for EE only. Red and Green plans are still supported but SW are putting greater emphasis on EE and EE SP, Syn values for Red and Green will still be available online.

Notable changes are that certain things have been moved around, specifically, peas have been moved from the veggies section and are now with the beans as they are considered to be protein-rich (along with other leguminous veggies).
Pineapple is no longer considered to be a speed food and just counts as a standard fruit, like a banana (aw, guess I'm sticking to melon now!)
Chicken is no-longer listed as a speed food (I suspect this to be for the purposes of Clarity as they don't want people to fill their plates with just chicken and wonder why they have not had any losses at the scales).
Oyster Sauce has now been given Carte Blanche in the Storecupboard Staples section.

The re-released EE encourages you to fill your plate with 1/3 speed food.

EE still allows one HEA and one HEB

The emphasis of the additional plan (Known as Extra-Easy SP) which SW intend to supersede Success Express is to fill your plate about 50/50 with protein-rich and speed food to turbo boost weight loss.

EE SP allows you to have a couple of potatoes or a little rice so it's low-carb instead of no carb but you have a fine line between what is an EE SP meal and reverting to EE.

EE SP allows 1 HEA and 2 HEB.

Thank you Phoenix Girl - a really useful summary of the way forward - looks like SW have tweaked things to make the plans even healthier and ensure we lose weight that bit quicker/easier, whilst still being flexible, fit in with family life and eating out!

I have read through my new pack a couple of times and I think the bare bones are this;

Foods have been changed from being Free and Superfree to just free foods, except they now designate them as speed foods or protein-rich.

The Syns section of the new book gives values for EE only. Red and Green plans are still supported but SW are putting greater emphasis on EE and EE SP, Syn values for Red and Green will still be available online.

Notable changes are that certain things have been moved around, specifically, peas have been moved from the veggies section and are now with the beans as they are considered to be protein-rich (along with other leguminous veggies).
Pineapple is no longer considered to be a speed food and just counts as a standard fruit, like a banana (aw, guess I'm sticking to melon now!)
Chicken is no-longer listed as a speed food (I suspect this to be for the purposes of Clarity as they don't want people to fill their plates with just chicken and wonder why they have not had any losses at the scales).
Oyster Sauce has now been given Carte Blanche in the Storecupboard Staples section.

The emphasis of the additional plan (Known as Extra-Easy SP) which SW intend to supersede Success Express is to fill your plate about 50/50 with protein-rich and speed food to turbo boost weight loss.

EE SP allows you to have a couple of potatoes or a little rice so it's low-carb instead of no carb but you have a fine line between what is an EE SP meal and reverting to EE.

I was given my new books and the overview at Class this morning but your post has really made it clear in my mind. Thank you so much.

Ah thank you for this, this is much easier to understand! x

Ooooo oyster sauce - thanks for pointing that out :).

I see it specifically says plain light soft cheese for the HexA - that's a bit disappointing for my flavoured Philadelphia lights.

They have a syn value for the leggera pizzas in pizza express but not the lower cal ones in Pizza Hut.

Frustratingly I have misplaced my old books so can't compare side by side.

As a vegan I'll be sticking to green with my 2 HEX's ;) I've never done a day of extra easy and it would be difficult to make the leap now considering I'm really skint so can't be fussy with food at the min. Will consider a few days a week of the new plans if I plateau closer to target, but realistically I'm better of sticking with green - it's served me well, it works and I always have sucess express days if I need.

I don't think I could do a day of extra easy SP - I'm too skint and I think I'd know my arm off in hunger! But can see how it will be a great plan for others :)

The books don't mention the extra HexA after a week.... Wonder if they added that at the last minute?

Extra virgin olive oil is no longer an HEB.

The books don't mention the extra HexA after a week.... Wonder if they added that at the last minute?
Yes, I noticed that. It definitely says it on the website though.

As a vegan I'll be sticking to green with my 2 HEX's ;) I've never done a day of extra easy and it would be difficult to make the leap now considering I'm really skint so can't be fussy with food at the min. Will consider a few days a week of the new plans if I plateau closer to target, but realistically I'm better of sticking with green - it's served me well, it works and I always have sucess express days if I need. I don't think I could do a day of extra easy SP - I'm too skint and I think I'd know my arm off in hunger! But can see how it will be a great plan for others :)

Dried beans are really cheap and an P from what I understand :)

They have added 1% milk to HexA and changed the quantities of nuts for HexB and olive oil has gone.( found the old books)

Anyone know of almond milk is a hexA still? I think the new plan sounds good. Still deciding which took know. Tomorrow is y last 'naughty day' although the slow cooker will be on, 7 veg in it :)

Anyone know of almond milk is a hexA still? I think the new plan sounds good. Still deciding which took know. Tomorrow is y last 'naughty day' although the slow cooker will be on, 7 veg in it :)

You can have 500ml of sweetened calcium-enriched almond milk or 1litre of unsweetened.

As a vegan I'll be sticking to green with my 2 HEX's ;) I've never done a day of extra easy and it would be difficult to make the leap now considering I'm really skint so can't be fussy with food at the min. Will consider a few days a week of the new plans if I plateau closer to target, but realistically I'm better of sticking with green - it's served me well, it works and I always have sucess express days if I need.

I don't think I could do a day of extra easy SP - I'm too skint and I think I'd know my arm off in hunger! But can see how it will be a great plan for others :)

I'm only veggie and following just the EE plan and really missing my extra Hex's, I keep thinking maybe I can throw a couple of SP days in a week, but I am so used to basing my meals round my carbs, might have to peruse some red diaries for inspiration and swap the protein out for a veggie alternative. Trying not to be a negative Nelly, but spiralised bloody courgette isn't going to cut it with me.

Q

I'm only veggie and following just the EE plan and really missing my extra Hex's, I keep thinking maybe I can throw a couple of SP days in a week, but I am so used to basing my meals round my carbs, might have to peruse some red diaries for inspiration and swap the protein out for a veggie alternative. Trying not to be a negative Nelly, but spiralised bloody courgette isn't going to cut it with me. Q

How about a big chilli, curry or casserole? You can have meats, beans, veg - really big filling meals without the unnecessary carbs x

Carrot and swede mash
Cauliflower rice
Courgette pasta is actually really nice
5 bean chilli so filling you don't need rice
Lentil dahl you could have a pitta bread as WW 50/50 is back on the hex list
There really is loads of veggie stuff you can have without rice potatoes or pasta

And before any says I don't know what I'm talking about I do mainly Green days I don't eat meat poultry or shellfish. I do eat a little white fish but only have the odd ee day if I want tuna pasta or tuna baked potatoes.

And I have been at target 18 months and a SW member 3.5 years so I know the plans inside out

EE SP seems a lot lot easier then veggie red days which I used to do as you can have beans and lentils

Back