changes to plans

Carrot and swede mash Cauliflower rice Courgette pasta is actually really nice 5 bean chilli so filling you don't need rice Lentil dahl you could have a pitta bread as WW 50/50 is back on the hex list There really is loads of veggie stuff you can have without rice potatoes or pasta And before any says I don't know what I'm talking about I do mainly Green days I don't eat meat poultry or shellfish. I do eat a little white fish but only have the odd ee day if I want tuna pasta or tuna baked potatoes. And I have been at target 18 months and a SW member 3.5 years so I know the plans inside out EE SP seems a lot lot easier then veggie red days which I used to do as you can have beans and lentils

I agree completely :) I try to make around half of my meals protein high but meat free so it can easily be done if you choose the right foods.

Being meat free doesn't have to mean being a carb fiend, and eating high protein doesn't have to mean being a massive carnivore.

guess it all depends on your personal preferences. I hate courgette and cauliflower! And as a vegan am limited on free 'meat replacement' type things that aren't full of a list of crap as long as your arm. also, out of work and sans income so carbs at the minute are a cheap, filling deity providing me with a full tummy whilst I look for work.

As for 5 bean chilli i eat it a lot, however it bungs me up a treat as I'm used to eating 2/3rds superfree food with every meal so I eat it sparingly. (I know, opposite effect to most but being vegan for 10 years means if it isn't 98% water, I'll probably get constipated haha) I mostly eat asian food, which would just be plain weird without rice/noodles and would not fill me up at all... I think i'd deplete my savings very quickly eating masses of food to try and keep myself satisfied.

As my consultant said, if it ain't broke don't fix it - I love carbs personally and see nothing wrong with them, I've lost steadily eating the ratio of food I do and have the tools to boost it if I need by using the success express plan. I think I'd have a hard day enjoying my food on an SP day, but that's because I really enjoy the food i eat and I know it's good enough. And enjoying my food is why I've stuck with SW so long! I can see how SP and the new success express will be a big help to some though :) For me, I've worked hard for 2 years to find a realistic and regular way to eat that means i can socialize, have the stuff I like and make few sacrifices to do so. For me to switch onto either of the new plans would upset the balance and require me to change a lot, which I don't think I'm ready for, or even wanting to do seeing as my current journey is going so well :)

guess it all depends on your personal preferences. I hate courgette and cauliflower! And as a vegan am limited on free 'meat replacement' type things that aren't full of a list of crap as long as your arm. also, out of work and sans income so carbs at the minute are a cheap, filling deity providing me with a full tummy whilst I look for work. As for 5 bean chilli i eat it a lot, however it bungs me up a treat as I'm used to eating 2/3rds superfree food with every meal so I eat it sparingly. (I know, opposite effect to most but being vegan for 10 years means if it isn't 98% water, I'll probably get constipated haha) I mostly eat asian food, which would just be plain weird without rice/noodles and would not fill me up at all... I think i'd deplete my savings very quickly eating masses of food to try and keep myself satisfied. As my consultant said, if it ain't broke don't fix it - I love carbs personally and see nothing wrong with them, I've lost steadily eating the ratio of food I do and have the tools to boost it if I need by using the success express plan. I think I'd have a hard day enjoying my food on an SP day, but that's because I really enjoy the food i eat and I know it's good enough. And enjoying my food is why I've stuck with SW so long! I can see how SP and the new success express will be a big help to some though :) For me, I've worked hard for 2 years to find a realistic and regular way to eat that means i can socialize, have the stuff I like and make few sacrifices to do so. For me to switch onto either of the new plans would upset the balance and require me to change a lot, which I don't think I'm ready for, or even wanting to do seeing as my current journey is going so well :)

What about a 3 bean chilli with extra veg? My bean/veg ration is usually 30-50% beans, 50-70% veg. It might help :)

What about a 3 bean chilli with extra veg? My bean/veg ration is usually 30-50% beans, 50-70% veg. It might help :)

i have never been a fan of bean chilli with veg in. Not sure why but I think its the mixing textures. I can handle pepper and onion but nothing else, and even then it hampers my enjoyment of an otherwise tasty dish! Same reason why I don't have beans on toast (soggy bread), courgette or marrow (soggy in general)...i am really funny with food textures :/ When I have a bean chilli I tend to either have it with HEXB roll, or with some sweet potato wedges and a big salad, or rice and salad. As it's one of my main sources of protein, I make sure i eat it regularly but part of that is enjoying it, so no veg in there for me :)

I must admit I am a bit surprised at SW moving away from superfree - vegetables and fruit are so, so important and i just hope you don't get a load of people who eat jacket potato and beans all day. yes you';ll lose weight but its not good for your insides eventually, we all need vitamins and minerals. I have seen so many people say 'yuck i hate fruit/veg' but suddenly find a love for it on SW as they want to get their 1/3 superfree. Hopefully the new plan still encourages people to do this as it's an awful shame as for me, that's the bit of the plan for me that works :)

Can you still have potatoes on an sp day or even pasta? If so how much would you allow and do you syn them?

Think I have found the answer. If you want these then it's an ee day. An sp day doesn't have pasta or potatoes.

Errr - actually I think you can. I asked this of a friend and got the new stuff via her and from what she's read it actually says that you can have them on an EE SP day - as they are Free Foods so therefore not banned.
From the Q&A section on the website she sent me these two . . .

What if I want to have potatoes or a yogurt on an SP day – do I count them as Syns?
No – potatoes and yogurt are Free Foods, so (as long as there are no tweaks involved) they don’t have a Syn value. They’re just not low enough in energy density to count as a Speed food, or high enough in protein to be a Protein-rich food.
The focus of Extra Easy SP is on Speed and Protein foods. If you want to eat a Free Food that doesn’t fall into these categories, that’s fine, and you will lose weight! You don’t need to count them as Syns and there’s a special section on the Extra Easy SP food diary to jot down these occasional Free Foods. However, if you really want to boost your weight loss and tighten up, stick with S and P.
And…. if you’re sticking religiously to Extra Easy SP, you can still have one Healthy Extra ‘a’ and two ‘b’ choices, as well as your 5-15 Syns as usual.

Extra Easy SP appears to cut out starchy carbs (potatoes, rice, pasta etc) – are we saying these are now ‘bad’?
Absolutely not! No food groups are ‘bad’ (though fats have a lot to answer for!). Carbohydrates are the second most filling foods (after proteins), which is why they make fabulous Free Foods! They’re just not as filling as Protein-rich foods, nor as low in energy density as other Speed foods, and Extra Easy SP focuses on the very lowest energy density and most Protein-rich foods to boost weight loss. If you’re craving a jacket spud or a banana, it’s not a crime, and you will lose weight! It just won’t supercharge your weight loss.

As SP is supposed to be low carb though I would stick to a smaller portion - as the whole point from what I can gather

Mandlegrot - I would say that if you've found a diet which suits you and gives you losses whilst fitting your budgetary and dietary needs then don't change it. I've been doing SW for years and I'm firmly of the belief that you have to make it suit you - your tastes, lifestyle etc. - as that way you not only lose the weight but are more likely to keep it off.

SW hasn't moved away from Superfree fruit and veg - they've just renamed them. Although nearly all fresh fruits and vegetables are now called free foods, most are also Speed foods and you are (still) encouraged to fill at least 1/3rd of your plate with these and to make them your first choice between meals. Potatoes, bananas and grapes for example are free but not speed and peas are not free but are P(rotein), together other pulses.

Thank you :)

I didn't really properly read the new plan, but from what I gathered in group its not set out as obviously as it was previously - hopefully its embedded in new and current members over the current week to really try and stick to eating lots of fruit and veg!

@pippa - I have, but I found it a tad too sweet. I love sweet potato in a chilli though! I have a butternut squash downstairs actually so I might whip up a 5 bean chilli tomorrow and try it again, the squashes on the shelves this time of year are never as sweet as when I harvest UK ones, so perhaps it won't change the flavor as much :)

Errr - actually I think you can. I asked this of a friend and got the new stuff via her and from what she's read it actually says that you can have them on an EE SP day - as they are Free Foods so therefore not banned.
From the Q&A section on the website she sent me these two . . .

What if I want to have potatoes or a yogurt on an SP day – do I count them as Syns?
No – potatoes and yogurt are Free Foods, so (as long as there are no tweaks involved) they don’t have a Syn value. They’re just not low enough in energy density to count as a Speed food, or high enough in protein to be a Protein-rich food.
The focus of Extra Easy SP is on Speed and Protein foods. If you want to eat a Free Food that doesn’t fall into these categories, that’s fine, and you will lose weight! You don’t need to count them as Syns and there’s a special section on the Extra Easy SP food diary to jot down these occasional Free Foods. However, if you really want to boost your weight loss and tighten up, stick with S and P.
And…. if you’re sticking religiously to Extra Easy SP, you can still have one Healthy Extra ‘a’ and two ‘b’ choices, as well as your 5-15 Syns as usual.

Extra Easy SP appears to cut out starchy carbs (potatoes, rice, pasta etc) – are we saying these are now ‘bad’?
Absolutely not! No food groups are ‘bad’ (though fats have a lot to answer for!). Carbohydrates are the second most filling foods (after proteins), which is why they make fabulous Free Foods! They’re just not as filling as Protein-rich foods, nor as low in energy density as other Speed foods, and Extra Easy SP focuses on the very lowest energy density and most Protein-rich foods to boost weight loss. If you’re craving a jacket spud or a banana, it’s not a crime, and you will lose weight! It just won’t supercharge your weight loss.

As SP is supposed to be low carb though I would stick to a smaller portion - as the whole point from what I can gather

That was how I read it too, Pommette. I think it's rather like saying if you set out to do an SP day but then find you really want a spud or pasta for tea, that's fine. Not strictly SP, but you'd still have eaten way fewer carbs than you would have done had you decided to do an EE day at the start of the day.

Re the soya cheese, goats cheese etc, they're all still HEA options on the website. It seems the books have a few mistakes in them, as someone's already mentioned.

Mandlegrot - I would say that if you've found a diet which suits you and gives you losses whilst fitting your budgetary and dietary needs then don't change it. I've been doing SW for years and I'm firmly of the belief that you have to make it suit you - your tastes, lifestyle etc. - as that way you not only lose the weight but are more likely to keep it off.

SW hasn't moved away from Superfree fruit and veg - they've just renamed them. Although nearly all fresh fruits and vegetables are now called free foods, most are also Speed foods and you are (still) encouraged to fill at least 1/3rd of your plate with these and to make them your first choice between meals. Potatoes, bananas and grapes for example are free but not speed and peas are not free but are P(rotein), together other pulses.

The way they phrase it on the online lists is:

"Fill at least one third of your plate with Speed foods where you can and make them your first choice between meals."

So as NotsofattyPatty says, they've just renamed it - speed instead of Superfree

Ahhh I missed that bit. I must admit I wasn't too keen as soon as I heard only 1 HEXA/B, so my attention wasn't fully on the new plan :)

Good luck everyone and post results! I am curious to know how different it is in the day to day, and what results you all get on SP!

Ahhh I missed that bit. I must admit I wasn't too keen as soon as I heard only 1 HEXA/B, so my attention wasn't fully on the new plan :)

Good luck everyone and post results! I am curious to know how different it is in the day to day, and what results you all get on SP!

It's 2 hex bs on the new plan not 1 and if you follow it more then a few days you can also increase to 2 hex as

Gotta chuckle at the 'spiralised courgettes isn't going to cut it for me' comment as I just bought a spiral veggie maker as I love the idea of this. I'm a big veggie veggie, but get bored easily so always looking for different ways of doing things.

Courgette ribbons or spirals are surprisingly ok, actually. Ok, they aren't pasta and you can't really kid yourself they are but for something to put your bolognaise sauce on, they're quite passable.

Courgette ribbons or spirals are surprisingly ok, actually. Ok, they aren't pasta and you can't really kid yourself they are but for something to put your bolognaise sauce on, they're quite passable.

Gotta chuckle at the 'spiralised courgettes isn't going to cut it for me' comment as I just bought a spiral veggie maker as I love the idea of this. I'm a big veggie veggie, but get bored easily so always looking for different ways of doing things.

Lol I just don't have the courgette lurve. Had a friend who was convinced I was in denial and would hide courgettes in EVERYTHING including chocolate muffins. I could always taste them. What sadistic mind puts courgette in a chocolate muffin!!!

Let me know if you have success spiralising other veg.

Lol I just don't have the courgette lurve. Had a friend who was convinced I was in denial and would hide courgettes in EVERYTHING including chocolate muffins. I could always taste them. What sadistic mind puts courgette in a chocolate muffin!!!

Let me know if you have success spiralising other veg.

LOL, chocolate muffins? :8855: Yes, that's going too far (in my book, anyway :)).

Are SW sure about the oyster sauce? It is 27% sugar! Unless there is a purer version that I haven't found?

I have read through my new pack a couple of times and I think the bare bones are this;

Foods have been changed from being Free and Superfree to just free foods, except they now designate them as speed foods or protein-rich.

The Syns section of the new book gives values for EE only. Red and Green plans are still supported but SW are putting greater emphasis on EE and EE SP, Syn values for Red and Green will still be available online.

Notable changes are that certain things have been moved around, specifically, peas have been moved from the veggies section and are now with the beans as they are considered to be protein-rich (along with other leguminous veggies).
Pineapple is no longer considered to be a speed food and just counts as a standard fruit, like a banana (aw, guess I'm sticking to melon now!)
Chicken is no-longer listed as a speed food (I suspect this to be for the purposes of Clarity as they don't want people to fill their plates with just chicken and wonder why they have not had any losses at the scales).
Oyster Sauce has now been given Carte Blanche in the Storecupboard Staples section.

The re-released EE encourages you to fill your plate with 1/3 speed food.

EE still allows one HEA and one HEB

The emphasis of the additional plan (Known as Extra-Easy SP) which SW intend to supersede Success Express is to fill your plate about 50/50 with protein-rich and speed food to turbo boost weight loss.

EE SP allows you to have a couple of potatoes or a little rice so it's low-carb instead of no carb but you have a fine line between what is an EE SP meal and reverting to EE.

EE SP allows 1 HEA and 2 HEB.

That's really cleared it up for me. Thanks ☺

Subbing to get my head round before restarting monday.

Back