changes to plans

There is a book on SW website bookshop called 50 free recipes on green days, I've just brought the 1 for red days. It's £4.95. I didn't loose with EE but loose rapid doing red days. Just thought this might be of interest to veggies who are struggling with the new plans, I know I am x

Can we buy these books via the bookstore or only in group?

The new books are free to existing members so long as they go by a certain date I think it is the end of next week

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Does anyone know how much it costs to buy a replacement book? Or do you have to pay the whole rejoin fee again?

Were you at target? if so you may be able to get one free, even though you've not been for a while.

The new books are free to existing members so long as they go by a certain date I think it is the end of next week

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

It's until 17th Jan, our C put a comment on fb :D

Sorry, I didn't explain that very well. I've got quite a lot of the recipe books but would like to buy a green recipe book but it doesn't seem to be on sale. I have an old green book (green cover) but I think there's a new updated one. I'm the only person following the green plan in our group, do you think my consultant can order me a book in or is the green book no longer available seeing as the red/green plans are only available online?

I booked last week off weigh in so won't have my new books until Wednesday, I've read through this thread and it all seems very confusing. I think I'll stick to the same plan I've been using for years, with the odd red day to reduce carbs :)

Sorry, I didn't explain that very well. I've got quite a lot of the recipe books but would like to buy a green recipe book but it doesn't seem to be on sale. I have an old green book (green cover) but I think there's a new updated one. I'm the only person following the green plan in our group, do you think my consultant can order me a book in or is the green book no longer available seeing as the red/green plans are only available online?

I booked last week off weigh in so won't have my new books until Wednesday, I've read through this thread and it all seems very confusing. I think I'll stick to the same plan I've been using for years, with the odd red day to reduce carbs :)

I think that you can only but books online if you pay the online membership fee. If you are a group member you have to buy them there.
I too have loads of old recipe books - the "100 Green Recipes" is great. Note - 100 recipes! My version goes back to 2003!
Ask your C if a new one is still available - I think it's called "50 Free Green Recipes"

Anyone know if linda macartney sausages (the free ones) are a P food? The only veggie stuff i can see is a P is quorn which I don't eat :/

I don't think they have given the P symbol to any branded products. Apparently SW say
We can’t be 100% sure of the proportions of protein in every branded product, and so we can’t be certain if they’d count as a P food.
You can still enjoy them freely on Extra Easy though.

I do wish SP was in a separate book. I think folks are thinking it's THE plan and once again,bananas, potatoes,pasta etc are devil foods. All are free, all are fabulous, SP is a short term "back on it boost".

I wonder how much people are attracted to the SP plan by the allowance of 2 x HExB and the ability to have a second A choice if the plan is done for more than a week. Veggies in particular are aggrieved by the lack of support in Group for the Green plan and I can understand why they feel short-changed. Whilst I usually do EE days, I like to do the odd Green or Red day - Green is particularly useful when I really fancy cauliflower cheese and chips or macaroni cheese as the double A choice allows me to have a decent cheese sauce with the minimum of Syns. As a person experienced in the older plans, I know I can still do this but a complete newbie would not have the knowledge. In addition, at this time of year many people are looking for a quick fix and if my experience last week is anything to go by, consultants are saying how wonderful SP is and what fantastic results have been achieved by those testing it out. Music to the ears of those dealing with the post-Christmas gain!

Does anyone else have the sense that SW have decided that they needed to do a shake-up just for the sake of it? Perhaps the combined power of all the members could force a back-track - rather as the combined outrage (and potential lack of sales) forced Alpen Lights back to the original formula.

Anyone know if linda macartney sausages (the free ones) are a P food? The only veggie stuff i can see is a P is quorn which I don't eat :/
Tofu, TVP and soy protein all have the P symbol.

I rather like the new simplified plan. Don't forget, this change is brought about by members' comments around superfree/superspeed confusion!!!!

I've just rang SW customer services as I'm really confused about new SP plan. They said you can do SP for a week then you have to introduce normal EE days in with it too. some people think you can do the SP long term but not the case. I don't go group so just wanted it clarifying x

I rather like the new simplified plan. Don't forget, this change is brought about by members' comments around superfree/superspeed confusion!!!!

Good point but at the moment people seem to be more confused than ever - witness all the remarks about banana/mango etc now being a no-no. Theses things are still Free foods and it's really only necessary to be aware about the Speed foods if you are doing the SP plan (that's assuming I've understood everything correctly)!

I've just rang SW customer services as I'm really confused about new SP plan. They said you can do SP for a week then you have to introduce normal EE days in with it too. some people think you can do the SP long term but not the case. I don't go group so just wanted it clarifying x

There have been a few comments to this effect made already but it's good to have clarification from HQ!

Mandlegrot

Other than the quorn mine and pieces (that you don't eat), its textured vegetable protein / soy protein made with defatted soya, tofu; smoked, natural & plain. So its going to make things tricky for the frozen soya minces and meatballs (not sure if they are vegan and some have a syn value so assume they are not deffated soya).

You can eat LM on EE but not EESP, or you can eat on EESP but you would put as other free food, just as if you were having an odd youghurt. Does that make sense???

Q

Last edited:
Good point but at the moment people seem to be more confused than ever - witness all the remarks about banana/mango etc now being a no-no. Theses things are still Free foods and it's really only necessary to be aware about the Speed foods if you are doing the SP plan (that's assuming I've understood everything correctly)!

There have been a few comments to this effect made already but it's good to have clarification from HQ!

A lot of the comments were made pre new plan release though. I honestly don't understand the confusion. The books are very clear and there are explanations and 7 day menus online. I think most consultants will do a full new member talk to the whole group this coming week, as is normal for the first group of the year, perhaps things will be clearer then.

You need to be aware of speed foods on "normal" EE too, making a third of your meal with them, where possible.

if you don't manage to find one, I'll happily sell you mine for a reduced price. As I'm vegan, most of the recipes are irrelevant and i've tried all the ones I want to and put them in my recipe book for easy reference.

I don't think they have given the P symbol to any branded products. Apparently SW say

What a pain the bum - I wonder why they let Quorn through the net!

No SP for me, unless its for 1 day and 1 day only!!

Mandlegrot

Other than the quorn mine and pieces (that you don't eat), its textured vegetable protein / soy protein made with defatted soya, tofu; smoked, natural & plain. So its going to make things tricky for the frozen soya minces and meatballs (not sure if they are vegan and some have a syn value so assume they are not deffated soya).

You can eat LM on EE but not EESP, or you can eat on EESP but you would put as other free food, just as if you were having an odd youghurt. Does that make sense???

Q

Thanks all for the replies. It makes enough sense for me to know that the new SP boost plan would not work for me - I can't afford tofu and most of the other stuff is either non-vegan or massively overpriced and not sold locally, so again out of price range. I will stick to sucess express if I need a boost, and personally for me I think sucess express is still a very enjoyable and cheap food day, full of nutrients and good things, including some carbs. the SP plan seems a bit too detailed for me, as in too much counting/reading the book to see what you can/can't eat. I like SW for its easiness.

On a related tip, what does everyone make of the new weigh in pages? I think they are rubbish! You don't have your actual weight recorded each week, just the difference. everyone in group was also disappointed with this change, our Consultant said it's because some people didn't like seeing their weight written down each week. I want to know where these people are because there wasn't 1 person in group last week who agreed haha. Ah well that's what the comments box is for now. I'll probably continue to use my old book anyway as it's got all my award stickers on :)

I never noticed that there is no weight column in the new books. What a stupid idea. If you don`t want your weight written down then say so. I shall ask to have mine put in the end column. As for the total weight loss I never noticed that in old book although sometimes I wrote in there myself.

To the EESP plan in general. I believe my consultant is really good. She says she has come to like the plan (I think not). Unfortunately on SP the consultant said NO free food on EESP. If you want yogurt you have to use a synned one. Obviously that is what she thinks but if you look on line they say "to protect your weight loss have a syn free yogurt and put in in other free food section" Same with potatoes and rice, but you may not lose as fast.

I think they want the best of both worlds. Don`t submit a plan then TWEAK it.

My other comment is that SW say EESP is not suitable for diabetics because of the carb content is not enough. Red was ok for diabetics, I used it often with heb spuds & bread. If I can use bread as "another free food" what on earth is it all about.

Even the consultants are telling different from online. If it ain`t broke don`t mend it.

Moan over

Back