changes to plans

Mandlegrot, all the pulses that are free foods also have the P symbol. Tins of beans of all kinds can be had cheaply, even cheaper if you bulk buy dried beans and cook your own.

jaylou;7668372 You need to be aware of speed foods on "normal" EE too said:
Of course you do - how silly of me to forget this!

if you don't manage to find one, I'll happily sell you mine for a reduced price. As I'm vegan, most of the recipes are irrelevant and i've tried all the ones I want to and put them in my recipe book for easy reference.

That's really nice of you, thank you. I'll let you know if I can't get it in group on Wednesday :)

Thanks all for the replies. It makes enough sense for me to know that the new SP boost plan would not work for me - I can't afford tofu and most of the other stuff is either non-vegan or massively overpriced and not sold locally, so again out of price range. I will stick to sucess express if I need a boost, and personally for me I think sucess express is still a very enjoyable and cheap food day, full of nutrients and good things, including some carbs. the SP plan seems a bit too detailed for me, as in too much counting/reading the book to see what you can/can't eat. I like SW for its easiness.

On a related tip, what does everyone make of the new weigh in pages? I think they are rubbish! You don't have your actual weight recorded each week, just the difference. everyone in group was also disappointed with this change, our Consultant said it's because some people didn't like seeing their weight written down each week. I want to know where these people are because there wasn't 1 person in group last week who agreed haha. Ah well that's what the comments box is for now. I'll probably continue to use my old book anyway as it's got all my award stickers on :)

I never noticed that there is no weight column in the new books. What a stupid idea. If you don`t want your weight written down then say so. I shall ask to have mine put in the end column. As for the total weight loss I never noticed that in old book although sometimes I wrote in there myself.

To the EESP plan in general. I believe my consultant is really good. She says she has come to like the plan (I think not). Unfortunately on SP the consultant said NO free food on EESP. If you want yogurt you have to use a synned one. Obviously that is what she thinks but if you look on line they say "to protect your weight loss have a syn free yogurt and put in in other free food section" Same with potatoes and rice, but you may not lose as fast.

I think they want the best of both worlds. Don`t submit a plan then TWEAK it.

My other comment is that SW say EESP is not suitable for diabetics because of the carb content is not enough. Red was ok for diabetics, I used it often with heb spuds & bread. If I can use bread as "another free food" what on earth is it all about.

Even the consultants are telling different from online. If it ain`t broke don`t mend it.

Moan over

I am one of those people who don't like to see their weight written down never took my book with me to w i and I know others too x each to their own x

I like to see it wrote down as it gives me a sense of achievement :)

Did always wonder - it seemed strange out of a room of 50 people all saying 'not me' but then again, everyone is different. I like to see my weight as mine goes up and down and i'm rubbish with remembering lbs/stones, whereas I know I started at 16st so I have an easy reference point :)

I have decided not to do the SP plan unless and until it becomes necessary for a quick boost. For me it is too restrictive and not a sustainable plan (and yes, I know it isn't supposed to be) so I am not going to bother with it. EE works fine and it is flexible.

I normally folllow red, with the exception of possibly once a week doing extra easy for rice or pasta being part of our main meal, and will continue to do so, as I prefer an additional hexa of cheese, instead of eating carbs, and those carbs that I eat being limited.

Mandlegrot you can ask for all new stickers for your book they are all being replaced by the consultants x

I normally folllow red, with the exception of possibly once a week doing extra easy for rice or pasta being part of our main meal, and will continue to do so, as I prefer an additional hexa of cheese, instead of eating carbs, and those carbs that I eat being limited.

Hi ginlin
I prefer red days and that's what
I'm sticking too x

I too prefer red days but after the xmas gain goin to try ee sp just this week see how it goes will let you know sat x

Mandlegrot you can ask for all new stickers for your book they are all being replaced by the consultants x

Hi ginlin
I prefer red days and that's what
I'm sticking too x

I too prefer red days but after the xmas gain goin to try ee sp just this week see how it goes will let you know sat x

Oh, I didn't know that you could get replacement stickers for the new books, thanks for that boofle.

I weigh on Wednesday, and need to shift last weeks gain, as it is my grace week to get back into Target range, so, really should have considered doing Extra easy SP today and tomorrow, but as I have just eaten a hexb of cereal and a yogurt, that won't fit in with it, will it?

Hi ginlin you can have 2 b choices on ee sp so i have porridge for breakfast been making soup for lunch and having a sandwich with it to use my 2nd b and for my tea been having chicken and 3 veg fruit in between xx

I suppose having 2 B choices on the new plan is a bonus what about A choices? Must admit that I prefer red and green days with the odd EE day on a Sunday.

Hi ginlin you can have 2 b choices on ee sp so i have porridge for breakfast been making soup for lunch and having a sandwich with it to use my 2nd b and for my tea been having chicken and 3 veg fruit in between xx

Thanks Boofle xx that means I have done right so far, as had chicken and leek soup for lunch and a wholemeal roll, and going to have chicken breast quarter with a huge salad and BNS chips for dinner.

. . . I have just eaten a hexb of cereal and a yogurt, that won't fit in with it, will it?

Yoghurt not an S or P - so not strictly an SP day.
It is still a free food though and you could just note it down.

Back