changes to plans

I totally agree that SW look into these plans very thoroughly. The plans they devise work as they test them beforehand. For many months. With dieticians/ advisers. And they wouldn't want to loose the support of the RCM (royal collage of midwives) for eg, which they would if they didn't ensure the plans were balanced and had medical backing.

However I think somtimes it takes a few versions of a book to get the wording right so that the plan devised at HQ is clear to everyone.

It also takes a while to ensure appropriate training on the new plan is handed down to everyone and that the training received is not only consistent but understood by the consultants and the help line advisers in the same way.

it gets a bit like Chinese whispers with the plan filtering through the organisation we are bound to hear different things by different people for a little while.

I remember when SW first brough in EE. The shock, the confusion, the differing advice, even anger that SW were changing their ways and how could we only have one HEB and A and be healthy and how could mixing proteins and carbs possibly work when SW have 'claimed' that the two together was 'not effective for weight loss'.

It took a little while but confusion was maybe not ironed out but lessened to a large degree. EE works for many who never thought it would work myself included. Somtimes I think human nature looks at things a little black and white and we spend too long dissecting to ensure we know what is 'allowed' and what is 'banned'.

If it works for you the way you are doing it then does it matter? for those following red/green I totally get the 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' thoughts. I also know those on EE who still have 2 HEB as if they were on red/green and loose weight. You can always change it to 1 HEB later if you wish. I think we beat ourselves up too much with I SHOULDNT have eaten this on EESP or I MUST do this on EE. It's this kind of guilt mentality that sabotages my weight loss, not the mistakenly eaten jacked spud or extra HE. Is a jacket spud one day or a half syn yogurt going to make that much difference as an occasional thing?

What i mean to say is If you still loose weight and are happy with the weight loss then does it matter? If you are not happy with the weight loss then change the following week and see how that goes. No one wants to sabotage our hard fought weight losses which maybe explains why we get so worried about a new plan. But As long as we have a good grasp of the main points, then individually working out the finer details of what works for each of us will follow. I say we should give the new plans and SW, the organisation, a little more time.

I'm sorry for the essay but I had a lot in my head I wanted to try and convey. After reading the whole thread I'm trying to reassure and make people a little less worried about the finer points but I'm not sure I have done a very good job! It's all early days :) xx

i should add I am currently not a SW as I have had 7 weeks off very ill with flu followed by pneumonia which is proving difficult to treat. I'm getting better and hope to rejoin soon. I don't yet have the brand new books so I can't add my interpretation of what I think SW is advising us. But I can say it's advice not a rule :)

They always used to be free - so I don't see why they wouldn't be free now as the new book still says "Nearly all fresh vegetables are Free Foods! Enjoy them fresh, frozen, canned or pickled in vinegar" Beetroot and Gherkins both listed under S foods! Never heard of peppadews though !!!

Our consultant told us we can have free food, on EE SP however the losses could be slower, minefield,,lol

What a lovely, sensible thread thank you loopyleanne. Hope you get better very soon xx
thank you for this. I was a bit worried as it turned into such an essay lol but I hope it helps some people.

i have just been over to the EESP sticky thread and was tempted to post similar there. Lots of debate about the plan, lots of worry and confusion too. it's great to have a place to discuss the plans and work though your worries, and of course it's fine to disagree, but somtimes It feels like a lot of focus is on what the rules are and what's right and wrong rather than support. I guess that's a problem on all Internet forums everywhere! But we are all different and what works for one doesn't for another.
Honestly I can be quite an anxious person so I think my post was also to help me remind myself to 'not sweat the small stuff' lol.

Xx

thank you for this. I was a bit worried as it turned into such an essay lol but I hope it helps some people.

i have just been over to the EESP sticky thread and was tempted to post similar there. Lots of debate about the plan, lots of worry and confusion too. it's great to have a place to discuss the plans and work though your worries, and of course it's fine to disagree, but somtimes It feels like a lot of focus is on what the rules are and what's right and wrong rather than support. I guess that's a problem on all Internet forums everywhere! But we are all different and what works for one doesn't for another.
Honestly I can be quite an anxious person so I think my post was also to help me remind myself to 'not sweat the small stuff' lol.

Xx

It definitely help me understand it more so thank you x
Think problem at moment is a lot of members are taking the plan as long term and not the quick boost its meant to be plus many cant grab the concept that you cant eat carbs but yet thats why its a boost x

What a lovely, sensible thread thank you loopyleanne. Hope you get better very soon xx

And a ditto from me too. Especially the get better soon.
Mr Pom had pneumonia (plus complications) 2 years ago and he was e very poorly bunny indeed.
Took several changes of anti bs and 10 days in hospital to get him right.
So hope hope are okay soon

I totally agree that SW look into these plans very thoroughly. The plans they devise work as they test them beforehand. For many months. With dieticians/ advisers. And they wouldn't want to loose the support of the RCM (royal collage of midwives) for eg, which they would if they didn't ensure the plans were balanced and had medical backing.

However I think somtimes it takes a few versions of a book to get the wording right so that the plan devised at HQ is clear to everyone.

It also takes a while to ensure appropriate training on the new plan is handed down to everyone and that the training received is not only consistent but understood by the consultants and the help line advisers in the same way.

Loopyleanne, you're absolutely right, of course. I must have been feeling very grumpy as it's obvious now to me that my post was a little harsh, sorry. I think I was simply reacting to the thought of yet another change - I'm old enough to remember when there was just one SW plan, when SW was called J&M (my Mum was a consultant back then, LOL. She used to award coloured ribbons for pounds lost :)). So I've watched all the newer plans come along and battled to get to grips with them. I think SW have probably overhyped the significance of SP. The reality is that EE is the main plan, as it was before. And I do lose weight on EE (when I stick to it :eek:), so I'm not likely to bother with SP anyway, to be honest.

Went to group tonight. Basically our consultant said if it doesn't have a S or P don't eat it on a SP day. If you do want something that doesn't have S or P eat it and call that day an EE day instead and carry on the day as EE. If you have already had your 2HEXBs syn one. It's very easy to understand.

Went to group tonight. Basically our consultant said if it doesn't have a S or P don't eat it on a SP day. If you do want something that doesn't have S or P eat it and call that day an EE day instead and carry on the day as EE. If you have already had your 2HEXBs syn one. It's very easy to understand.

Exactly what mine said too!

And emphasised that Extra Easy SP is for experienced users of Extra Easy that need a boost to their weight loss.

Exactly what mine said too!

And emphasised that Extra Easy SP is for experienced users of Extra Easy that need a boost to their weight loss.

So I wonder how members who have always been red or green plan users are ever going to be experienced EE members? This is just a tongue in cheek statement! But maybe worth a thought?

Last edited:
And mine :D

So I wonder how members who have always been red or green plan users are ever going to be experienced EE members? This is just a tongue in cheek statement! But maybe worth a thought?
Ha! This experienced Green member is going to keep right on doing Green. It's worked so far, it's not going to suddenly mysteriously stop working.

Why would they ever have or want to be? I can see how it's beneficial to find your way around ee before doing sp and quite frankly I'm horrified that some consultants are pushing all new members including vegetarians to do a week of sp when they join. Great way to put people off sw for life!

Really? I don't know any consultants pushing people to do SP, especially newbies! And I know a lot of consultants, having been one!

Consultants are pushing EE, and being told to do so, EE is in its 6th year now, so it's all the majority of members know.

Really? I don't know any consultants pushing people to do SP, especially newbies! And I know a lot of consultants, having been one!

Consultants are pushing EE, and being told to do so, EE is in its 6th year now, so it's all the majority of members know.

And possibly all the consultants have personal experience of as well!

Yes, I was surprised to read that some Cs are pushing SP. Mine did go into some detail at the meeting between Christmas and NY but there were only two newbies present; she mentioned it only in passing this week when there were lots of newbies.

I'd also like to remind people that the book says you can still have other Free foods on SP days - this is made clear on pg 59. Whilst I would try to stick to the S and P items only, I don't think having a dollop of Fat free natural yogurt on top of my speed only fruit salad is going to make much difference to the loss!

Me too Blanco!

Hi ginlin
I did do EE for a while when I first started but I'm so glad I read up about red days as I love being on that plan and loosing a lot more weight in doing so. I had a peek at your pic's and you look lovely on all of them and you've done amazingly well!! Another reason to stick with red as it's worked for you and hopefully will get me to target too :) xx

So i tried the SP plan for a week and lost 4.5lbs. As already said, its not supposed to be a plan you use every day of every week, so I thought this week id try the 5:2 method and see what effect that has.

Back