changes to plans

Really think that all consultants should be approachable what ever plan your on. Real shame SW are thing them not to talk about something that's been around for 40 years and been successful...

I will do thank you. Been on plan 100% this week but last night had bottle wine and Chinese ( stupidly I know, went to funeral and was fed up) weighed today and put 2lb on wasn't expecting that so soon oh well back on it. Hope you have good week xx

Blanco - my wieght can go up and down by as much as 2 kg (i.e. over 4lbs) in a DAY depending on how much sugar (vino), carbs (rice/pasta) etc I've had in a day.
Carbs mean you will retain water - and increase in weight.
DO NOT weigh every day - unless you truly understand how your body reacts to this sort of behaviour.

I'm a daily scale addict - but I know what will push my weight up and down.

Last edited:
Blanco - my wieght can go up and down by as much as 2 kg (i.e. over 4lbs) in a DAY depending on how much sugar (vino), carbs (rice/pasta) etc I've had in a day.
Carbs mean you will retain water - and increase in weight.
DO NOT weigh every day - unless you truly understand how your body reacts to this sort of behaviour.

I'm a daily scale addict - but I know what will push my weight up and down.

Thank you for the tips I had my blow out Friday evening and weighed sat morning which I do every week I don't weigh everyday. wow, can't believe persons weigh can fluctuate that much!!
I was rubbish yesterday too feeling sorry for myself thinking sod it!! I'm back on plan today though it's a long and complex journey isn't it. Xx

I can't manage more than a day at a time - I'm just too hungry without any spuds.
Done this for 2 weeks now and it deosn't seem to have made any difference.
So I'm just sticking to red days.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that guys but being hungry is not what SW is all about surely?? I Gained 5lb over Xmas then I've put 6lb on again been struggling with myself but when I've been good I've been doing red days as usual. That's why I'm asking about sp but to be honest it doesn't seem worth it from what I hear, though on the website there's a story about a woman who lost 1st 4lb in a month so it must work for some?? But in my book if your on a strict plan like sp you want to see good results don't you.. Think I'll carry on red days x

Hi Blanco i did ee sp for 2 weeks after new year i stuck to it 100% and kept my syns to 10 per day and lost half each week, last week i went back to red and success express and lost 3 1/2 so red for me, i know what you saying about the big losses but in my group these tended to be on the larger people, there were some regular members who tried it and like me were disappointed but i have to say i was not hungry on it x

Hi boofle
How disappointing on sp but you did brill on red and success express. Think I'll stick to red after what you guys have told me lol.. at least we know red works and is worth it. xx

I did a week of SP and lost 3 1/2. Although I was not hungry and felt less bloated I did feel the weight loss could have been better because it is very restrictive. I'm on another week of SP and will see what the scales say on Thurs at weigh in. Have to say that only 1 person at my group has actually tried it and she lost only 2lb! My consultant has hardly mentioned it either and just pushes EE.

this is what is stopping me do it as i lose 2lbd regularly on EE xx

I think we should stick with what works for us, as the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't try to fix it good luck all xx

I think we should stick with what works for us, as the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't try to fix it good luck all xx

thats what my hubby said when i mentioned to him i might try it x

I've bought all the new books on ebay and it mentions nothing on green days which work best for me as I'm veggie. I'm going it alone from home due to shifts. can anyone please help with updated green plan details? Thanks in advance for any help x

Last edited:
I've bought all the new books on ebay and it mentions nothing on green days which work best for me as I'm veggie. I'm going it alone from home due to shifts. can anyone please help with updated green plan details? Thanks in advance for any help x

There are no updates for the red/green plans as SW no longer use them - that doesn't mean to say you still can't follow it. As far as I know it's still 2 a and 2 b choices a day, with meat/fish etc counting as a b choice.

Have you looked at the SP plan? With beans, peas and pulses being a 'p' food, there's plenty of veggie options with it xx

Do you have your old books? The red and green plans aren't promoted any more but sw say you can do them if you prefer. I'm vegetarian and it'll be a cold day in hell before I ever do ee or sp. It's a shame you're not a member as the information you're after is all online. What about online membership or you can still join group as a shift member, without being charged for missed weeks x

Green plan has not changed since Jan 2013 books. Do you have this book?
I can't PM you as you don't yet have enough posts - I think you need 50.
Go and post on some of the games threads so I can PM you.

There are no updates for the red/green plans as SW no longer use them - that doesn't mean to say you still can't follow it. As far as I know it's still 2 a and 2 b choices a day, with meat/fish etc counting as a b choice.

Have you looked at the SP plan? With beans, peas and pulses being a 'p' food, there's plenty of veggie options with it xx

Note though: SP Plan should not be done long term. It should only be done for 1 week as a boost to weight losses.
After that you should revert to EE with only the odd day as SP and add extra items to get more calcium.

Hi all, I used to do SW last year and have started this week with a new start and all that.
Was kind of greatful for the changes to plans as it makes it feel more like a new journey for me.
The main thing I am confused by is the fact I can have more than 15 syns?!
When I used to go, only men were allowed more than 15 (25 I think?) but my consultant said when I weighed in that I could have up to 20 a day and that I should (as she knows I used to do it and restrcited myself too much and then binged).
Is it because I am heavier than before or is this a new thing?

Back