Changes you've noticed?

-Tally-

Silver Member
Just wondering if you guys have noticed changes in yourself whilst losing weight, whether they be good or bad changes?

For example, I've lost nearly 3 stone, and whilst it's not hugely noticeable as I've got so much to lose, my clothes are much, much looser. I have a lot more energy and motivation, I don't feel as tired or sluggish all the time and the back pain I had is much less than it was. I also seem to be sleeping less.

On the negative I've noticed I'm turning into a bit of a "reformed eater"...when the BF brings in a fat laden meal for himself I can't help but point out how bad it is and how he could have made it healthier...Must try not to do that, think it annoys him.

So far I'm at 2 stone off and one of the biggest changes is how lovely my skin looks. I wear less make-up because I look so much more bright and refreshed. Also my tum has went down lots :) xx

I've noticed my clothes looser and some don't fit anymore. I think more about what I eat and the smell of the chippy isn't as appealing anymore! LOL

Hi there great thread I have found my clothes top and bottom are a lot looser and my health is in better shape.

I feel a lot bouncier if that makes sense? When I walk I feel a lot more energised and conident. My clothes are starting to fit properly and I am finally losing a bit of my baby belly! I think Zumba is helping with my toning and sw is losing me weight! xxx

I can go upstairs and talk at the same time!!!

Clothes getting looser, fruit & water are becoming second nature and I'm walking taller too!

Last edited:
Can definitely relate to feeling "bouncier", just happier within myself I think, which in turn gives me a bit more motivation to get things done and just feeling more positive in general with something to look forward to. Am really pleased about the back pain easing off...amazing what a few stone can do considering I've a long way to go yet. It just dawned on me today whilst I was doing the dishes and then cooking...normally my back would be killing but it's not. :D

Any negatives for anyone?

all the changes ive noticed have definately been positive..apart from the obvious like clothes getting too big, ive noticed especially in the last week that i have a little bit more confidence. i dont hate myself when i look in the mirror ( i know that sounds dramatic but i hated my double chin sooooo much!!!!)
Im not so self conscious in front of my husband anymore and that was a huge thing for me! I fell happier in myself and even though i still have a good way to go im getting there with every day that goes by and thats a fantastic feeling :D

Less painful bloating! Obviously I've changed/stopped eating something that was disagreeing with me, hurrah :)

me too!!!!! also iv'e sent 5 large bags of clothes to the charity shop and bin'd lots more!! got my clothes out of the loft from 5/6 years ago and some are even too big woop woop!! great thread!!

My asthma has really improved :)

I can really relate to this, when I was 19 stone 12 I spent more time in hospital with the asthma than I did at home, couldnt work or do anything with the children. I am now 10 stone 3 and almost at target and in the last 2 years I have only been hospitalised once! There are definate health benefits.
Apart from that I have far more energy, dont wake up feeling lethargic and I can happily go for a long walk without struggling or having to stop.
But the major thing for me is being able to buy clothes anywhere rather than just Evans. I started a size 30-32 and am now a size 8 top half and 12 bottom....dont think that will change due to the excess skin...but I can live with that!

My skin is fabby - possible also due to the fact that I've drastically cut down on alcohol( that sounds bad but before Christmas I could easily have a couple of glasses of wine every night and more on a weekend - the sort of weekend that starts on a Thursday too!)

Also when dh brings fish and chips him for him and the kids occasionally I hate the smell of the fat/grease. I can really smell it more than I used to be able to

Loose clothes, no back ache, no clicking ankles in the morning....all positive

Only negative is that I tend to feel bad with myself if I am naughty...but I suppose it keeps me back on track..
x

Ooo love this thread! My skin is really clear I think due to the water and the 1/3 superfree :D also silly things like yesterday I walked between a small gap between two parked cars, never would have dreamed of doing that 4 stone ago! X

oh love this thread, this is going be a strange one, but, because i used to be 25stone, it's nice when i go out, not being the biggest person in the room, and not having to move tables to get through gaps:D

I was just going to put about going through gaps when am out so it doesn't seem strange to me! and also relate to not being the biggest person in the room! Last night when I went to the cinema ok they were the luxury seats but I felt like I could live in them whereas before I would have had to squeeze into cinema seats and stress about it squeaking every time I moved! and bbq's I hated though I loved the food I hated the flimsy chairs that I was so worried I would break and end up on the floor in front of everybody looking nowhere near as beautiful as Goldilocks!

Ive noticed that my skin is alot healthier, My asthma has improved. I dont get out of breath when walking. I have dropped 4 dress sizes :D I dont have as much of a sweet tooth. I now prefer hot and spicy things as i can taste food alot better and dont just stuff my face with bad foods lol. The smell of things frying makes me feel physically sick. Im alot happier too all thanks to SW and the amazing support from my bf and my best friend :) x

Back