Changing tastebuds and improved mood

chris_s

Less of a man each day
Been doing sw for 8 weeks and love it.

I feel soooo much healthier and eat much more fruit and veg. It's also easy to do. I'm was a micro meal and take out person. I've saved tons on my food bill too.

Just wondered in the changing taste is a common thing?

I used to love blue milk, now I can drink red fine, infact the blue stuff seems like thick cream and blurgh now!

I use only a little splenda now and again and find sugery things far too sweet. Even mullerlights are a bit too sweet for me to have regularly!

I don't tend to crave junk, just pizza, and eat smaller portions and feel full.

Despite all the crap i've been through and am going through I feel so alive alot more. Joined a gym, do lots of swimming, enjoy time with my kids, bonded with my mother etc...

I think the government needs to update the health bill with making sw compulsary to people. Would save masses on the health budget, get rid of processed crap from supermarkets and improve business for local farmers producing the good stuff.

As an incentive just hook up the scales to a car battery and shock people who gain! lol.

Sorry, I can't get over how good it is and wish i'd discovered it years ago.

Wow- love the enthusiasm for the plan, but not too sure whether SW should become a dictatorship!! lol

Yes, my tastes have changed- There are certain foods now that I just can't eat as I know they will make me feel very ill afterwards (basically anything with lots of saturated fat- cream cakes, belly pork, garlic bread, etc) there are also plenty of things I don't enjoy the taste of because I can just taste grease (bit a krispy kreme donut the other day and it just tasted of oil). If I have a few days off plan I really crave fruit and veg- my life has turned on it's head and I love it!

Yep, my tastes have changed too! The last time I went out to Wagamama I ordered a noodle soup and could actually feel all of the oil on my lips as I was sucking the noodles into my mouth. I felt all greasy afterwards and didn't really enjoy the meal as much as I usually would.

A tbsp of olive oil in a pan as my healthy B actually looks like a lot of oil, I used to use so much before! I'd pour about 3tbsp worth in there a lot of the time.

Also, I had a fry's chocolate cream bar the other day. I used to be able to scoff 3 or 4 of them in one sitting. Now having just one feels a bit sickly. Think I'll have to have 1 half at a time now.

A tbsp of olive oil in a pan as my healthy B actually looks like a lot of oil, I used to use so much before! I'd pour about 3tbsp worth in there a lot of the time.

Also, I had a fry's chocolate cream bar the other day. I used to be able to scoff 3 or 4 of them in one sitting. Now having just one feels a bit sickly. Think I'll have to have 1 half at a time now.

I can't get over that with the oil. I use a few sprays now, any more and it's gross.
The thought of a 'fry up' or a burger van makes me feel ill.

Can still enjoy chocolate but only if have small amounts, otherwise it gets too sickly.

I find when I have binges for days I feel so rubbish and I am being careful over Christmas. I don't want to go mental as it makes me feel ill and quite honest don't enjoy eating a ton of rubbish now it gives me a really bad stomach ache which just nasty :)

Definatly think my taste buds have changed - I also appriciate food much more now. Like a sunday roast, one time I would have buttered all my veg & potatoes, now no way, I enjoy the individual tastes & flavours. Jacket potatoes, I would have with tuna mayo & that much butter, i would litterally mop it up, not any more though :D

Oh yes mine have changed in a major way - went to a tapas place for dinner with the girls (not my choice of location cos the menu was a nightmare) and felt so ill after having the salad as to me it tasted like it was dripping in oil - had a bit of a dodgy tum that night :( I've now turned into one of those types that demands "dressing on the side" :D

Back