Changing tastes?

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by Flopster, 22 September 2006 Social URL.

1. Flopster

Flopster Got a life thank you!

Lighter Life
    Just thinking - I have suddenly taken to black coffee - something I despised with a vengence before LL (I used to love coffee - especially from coffee shops but that is a whole different story).

Last week at the LL meeting I was falling asleep so decided to have a black coffee to see if it helped and have been hooked ever since. Now I am limiting myself to a maximum of one a day - mainly because I would rather drink water than anything else - it is enough liquid to get down without wasting some drinking opportunity.

Anyway back to my original point - I know I won't go back to milky coffee ever again and really enjoy black now.

Anyone else noticed a change in their tastes since going on their VLCD?
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Libbie

Libbie Silver Member

I am doing CD and on aam had plain cottage chease and loved it,hated it before.
    Also some of the packs Iloved at the start I can not stand now but love sone I started of hateing.
    I have always drunk black coffee but a few weeks ago got cravenings for milky coffee.
  4. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Ive had cravings for veg! And i never ate them other than with sunday lunch before!
  5. Libbie

Libbie Silver Member

you can keep the chocy and things just give me the veg,mmmmmmmmmmm
  6. monty

monty Full Member

my current obsession is iced black coffee - very good when you have that late afternoon slump
  7. 10stonesize10

10stonesize10 Member

Ive been on LL 100% for over 4 months and my big and only real craving has been cottage cheese............I cant wait to have it......liked it before but not like this........
  8. Barb

Barb Gold Member

Healthy eating/Food diary
    Actually Flopster, I am not sure if it is a CD thing or just a chnage that happens when you cut the junk out of your life. I feel much keener to eat fruit, veg and fish than I ever have before and I am sure that it is a case of buliding up better habits over time so that the old cravings go away. Having said that I has a real urge for some fudge yesterday, I had some, it wasn't all that and I left the rest. YES, I LEFT THE REST!!!!!!! Now that is a change! Love
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.