Changing to a different diet? Please help.

sophie_mk

Hi,
I am considering coming off the Cambridge Diet as cannot manage the fluid intake you neeed to stay healthy....
Would like to go onto Slimming World or Slim Fast - but have been advised that I will put all my weight back on....I really don't want that to happen.
If anyone has swapped please tell me how you did it?
Many thanks,
Sophie xxx

PS - I am aware that Slim Fast is a totally different diet to SS.

Hi Sophie

If you switch straight from CD to SF or SW you could initially gain a few pounds in glycogen from the increase in carbohydrates but this will settle after the first week and you should start losing again.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Georgie
x

Sophie, how long have you been doing CD, and how much water are you 'aiming' to drink? Have you tried the flavouring?

Starlight, your weight loss is amazing, well done!

Thanks, I have been battling with the water for 5 weeks now but this last week I have only managed about 1 litre a day and feel absolutey miserable....
I am certain this week my weight loss will be rubbish (expect 2lb from own scales) and don't want to pay £40 per week for that amount of loss as I know I can achieve that with SW and WW.
If i keep losing good amounts on CD with just 1litre a day would you recommend i continue? The sticky re the need for water worried me.
Thanks,
Sophie

Sophie,

Do you not drink coffee etc? Or could you get water flavouring and add sparkling water to it?

I struggle with water, but tend to take a 500ml bottle of water to work and keep refilling it. I know that if I drink 6 of them in work then I am OK for the day, if I drink coffee and more water on top even better.

Whatever you decide it has to be best for you and no-one else. Good luck hun with whatever you decide to do...

Love

Really sorry to hear its not working out. Well, I've done Slimming World and I lost 3 stone on it and my Granny lost 5 stone on it. Its brilliant I would say and better than Slim fast. Unfortunately though, I stopped doing it and then put all my weight back on, it was back when I was a teenager and not in the right frame of mind. But I would always say to people that Slimming WOrld is an excellent diet.

Back