Changing your healthy extra's confused!!

Jenn457

Hi all,

my consultant said you should change your healthy extras every day but I don't really see why?!

i have two weetabix with something different each morning except or weekends and I can't see how this is going to effect my weight loss? Anybody have any thoughts?

I very rarely change my hex though having my sister to stay who's vegetarian opened my eyes up a BitTorrent what else I could have. I would say if you keep losing then stick with it, but if you are a bit stuck in a rut it is something to look at, but you could also look at other things like syns or portions

Thank you, I'm a veggie so have to have two hexb so sometimes struggle to find two which is why it's handy to keep the same one for breakfast! I'll have to ask her what the rational behind it is :)

Def if your a veggie keep them the same do you experiment with the other one. I have just rediscovered green days like the nuts as a heb and the extra cheese.

Yes it differs between cheese, bread, hi-if bars, ryvita minis ect :)

Hi.!!
My leader told me to change my healthy extra too as I was having weetabix and milk with a banana everyday.
So I changed it 4 out of the 7 days and that week I lost 3.5lb!
So it is worth listening to your leader.

Hi all,

my consultant said you should change your healthy extras every day but I don't really see why?!

i have two weetabix with something different each morning except or weekends and I can't see how this is going to effect my weight loss? Anybody have any thoughts?

Variety is good because it stops you getting bored, it keeps the plan fresh and it stops you getting in a rut. You need to keep challenging you body and if you eat the same things all the time you can see your losses slow down. :)

You don't have to change your healthy extras at all - they're yours, and you can use them for whatever you wish. Although it can help you to mix things up a bit if you find yourself maybe hitting a plateu.

As PWP said, it stops you from becoming bored and straying from the plan. I also think it's good to give your body a variety, it keeps it "on it's toes", if you like, as I often find when it's used to the same things, that's when you're weight loss can slow down a little.

I do Red / Green days rather than Extra Easy, so I too get the double Healthy Extra's each day. I always have two B's and they are varied each day - HiFi bars, cereal, WW wholemeal pitta, etc. I usually stick to 1 A choice which is normally either milk, grated low low cheese, low low cheese spread, mozzarella, or philly light. There's that much choice out there, there is no reason why you should have to have the same thing every single day - unless of course you want to!

Back