Chapter Now Closed :D

Naw! I have yog with my lunch ...... dont want muesli on its own - but a small portion of cereal is all i can eat within my 10minute break. I have semi-skimmed milk .... any other suggestions? x

Naw! I have yog with my lunch ...... dont want muesli on its own - but a small portion of cereal is all i can eat within my 10minute break. I have semi-skimmed milk .... any other suggestions? x

Im a tad bit confused on the whole milk thing. coz there is so many low fat 2% 4% etc. You cud try goats milk mite have a different taste. I suppose you cud use the breath strips after instead of eating sweets not very nice im sure you will find something better just keep a look out for something dats nice but not dat nice. Polos are so easy to eat without noticing maybe try really strong mints ones were one is enough.

Hmmmm maybe the extra strong ones might do the trick? But still - think i will leave them for a few days!

yep try to do without them for a while. I hope i dont hate milk i smelt my mam's tea and it was horrible cud have been coz its full fat. I never liked milk but im hoping that mite have changed a little. wishing for a miracle haha!

:giggle:

To be honest Tanya, I have been full of wind of late, and I had a really bad stomach last night in work. I have avoided the polos today and I am fine, even the flatulence has gone.

To be honest Tanya, I have been full of wind of late, and I had a really bad stomach last night in work. I have avoided the polos today and I am fine, even the flatulence has gone.

Im having the same mary, feeling very bloated, lots of wind and a very dodgy belly - i think we should keep them well off our radar!!! Im not going to have any from now on - heck if i can give up food for 28weeks i sure as hell can give up polos! :rotflmao:

Maint day 3

Thursday 12 Nov
B- 50g muesli, 100ml s.s. milk. Banana.
L- Tuna salad sandwich with LF Mayo. LF Yog. apple & banana.
D- Baked chicken breast & cooked veg.

*apple
*2 slices ham

*1 litre pure water
*3 mugs black coffee with sweetner
*1 small glass pepsi max

~Have cut down my sweetners from 6 to 4 in my coffee - just about bearable! lol and have had no! sugar free polos today!!! The wind has stopped but i still have a dicky stomach :sigh:

Last edited:
WOO HOO well done on giving up them polos. Your stomach will prob get back to normal prob just adapting to food again, especially the breakfasts which you have only just introduced. :)

Hi Tanya

You are doing really well :) Well done!!!
Hope your tummy gets better soon and you are back to normal.

Take care

ah thanks my lovelies!
Iris!!! Hope you are ok - you havnt been around much :( xx

I know sweetie...I had to take a back seat, but I mentioned on my post as I didnt want people to think I was rude.

I just found it hard and I hate being negative and didnt want to pass it onto anyone, so I lurked !!!!!

I am on the way up; not binged in almost a week or so now (not counting to be honest), just trying to take a day at a time.

You really are doing fab and I think your whole attitude is so different from last time and you seem so focussed!! REally well done..cant say it enough....my words are not telling you how much I admire you and your overall achievement girl!!! You have come a long way....

TA-AAAAN????!!!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO proud of what you've achieved!!!! You've done ... and are doing so well!!

Undoubtedly maintenance is a scarey place to be but it's what we wanted, so now we have to find our way of doing whatever it is we need to do to control our weight. I don't believe for a minute it's 'healthy eating' for the rest of our lives - all the way ..... I just don't believe that's possible. I don't believe anybody does that - whatever their weight. What we have to do is learn to live with the fluctuations - both in weight and in control.
I've said it elsewhere but I also believe that staying on here and being able and willing to 'bare all' so to speak, really helps with that and can also help other people to see that there is no 'perfection' - there isn't some place we reach which then means we're 'sorted'. I don't believe 'sorted' exists.
I hope this doesn't sound negative ... I think it's just realistic and what naturally 'thin' people do all the time, ie. 'indulge' and compensate. I just think that their 'indulgences' don't lead to a 'sod it' attitude .... which can be our - or certainly MY problem!

Anyhoo girl - you're doing brilliantly and I have every confidence that you can do this. What you have in your favour is your age. You really have the chance to get to grips with this now and NOT spend the next 30 years yo-yoing!

You have the power!!! :):):) xxxx

Tanya, just a thought. 6 sweetners in your coffee, or even 4. Seems a lot, but I dont know how many coffees you drink a day. This could be affecting your stomach and also causes wind.

JAN!!!! Love your words - and totally agree with them. Its about finding the right balance right? & having a bad day doesnt have to mean sod it - which it always has done in the past for me! The past 2 mondays i have had 'bad' days and have gotten right back on track so heres hoping ive got a little bit of that under control. I know this is going to take a long time and baring all on here and keeping a log of it certainly helps!

I have 3 mugs a day Mary - think i should cut back more on the sweetner? x

Maint day 5

Extra long day today - overtime done from 2am-6am. Then normal shift 6:45-11:45.

Friday 13th Nov
B- Banana. 35g porridge & 180ml semi skimmed milk
*satsuma
L- Tuna & boiled egg salad. LF Yog & apple.
D- Baked chicken & cooked veg (only ate 1broccoli florret, 1 cauliflower florret & forkfull of peas) too full from the 'naughty' foods i had.

*4 seafood sticks
*3 squares cadburys chocolate
*5 jaffa cakes
*3 squares co-op fair trade dark chocolate
*pick 'n' mix

*1.5litres pure water
*2 mugs coffee with sweetner

Cut my sweetner from 6 to 4 in my first mug then i only put 2 in my 2nd mug :)

Having a bit of a down day - probably cuz im tired. I only got 3 and a half hours sleep and i cant have a nap else i wont sleep tonight. I feel so guilty about picking at that chocolate but the damage is done. I dont even know why i did it. I had a craving for dark chocolate, none at the shop i went to so came home and had 3 squares of cadburys and 3 jaffa cakes :sigh: :doh: why i do not know - i wasnt even hungry!

Tomorrow am off to Torquay so i just know the weekend will be bad :sigh: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :(

A bad day today but im not about to let this feeling of guilt beat me - i havnt lost 8st to feel guilty over a blip. I will be ok after my weekend and i will be back on top for tuesday :) That doesnt mean im going to eat like a pig the weekend! :giggle:

Might not get on tomorrow so all have a lovely weekend and keep your :fingerscrossed: that the weather isnt too bad for me in Torquay :sigh: lol

Last edited:
Ooooo crumbs I hope the weather doesn't do what they're saying it's going to! Fingers crossed for you. Enjoy yourself whatever it does.

Perhaps your little choccie fest was your way of winding down for or starting off your weekend ... I think Iris has said it as well - sometimes when we know there's something coming up a little bit of us wants to get started earlier :) ;)
Whatever it is it's temporary ... you'll be fine. xxx

Back