Chapter Now Closed :D

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Oh dear - this is a scary place isnt it!!! :eek:

Started weighing at 19st 6.5lbs Size 24 jeans. Size 20 trousers. Size 20 tops.

Now weighing at 11st 6lbs Size 14 jeans. Size 12/14 trousers. Size 12/14 tops.

Total Loss = 8st 0.5lbs :D

So here it is, my maintainence journal!
Somewhere to keep track of what im eating and get advice from yous :D

Today is my 'off' day ... not going to be too bad but it will give me something to look forward to on a monday knowing that i can have some chocolate and crisp and that im not cutting them completly.

So mondays will be my 'treat' day although this weekend i am off to Torquay with the bf. We are going saturday, going out on the town sat night then going for a scrummy mexican on sunday so sunday will be my 'treat' :)

Plan is, muesli for breakfast, jacket pot/sandwich for lunch and fish/poultry & veg for tea. So my 2 portions of carbs will be brekkie & lunch :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this side is scary! :giggle:

Note to self: started maintainence 9th Nov 2009

Last edited:
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, welcome back to the maintenance boards Tanya and a HUUUUUGGGEEEE congratulations on your achievements. You have had a tremendous journey to get here and I just know that you will be great at maintaining.

All the best hun xxx

Are you logging your food (online or in a journal?) to keep an eye on your calorie (plus fat/carb/protein) intake, or just seeing how things go 'eye-balling' your portions? Just curious?

I plan on logging online after my final WI on wednesday. I feel more comfortable doing that until I get back in my stride. I was quite good at 'eye-balling' my foods before LT, I just have to get back in the habit so plan on doing this until Christmas or so to get my confidence back up a bit.:giggle:
I'm contemplating setting myself a mini-exercise challenge as I've access to a treadmill for the next 10 days...but am trying to gather the motivation to actually get off my ass and use it! LOL!:whacky068::character00115:

Oh, and congratulations on your final WI!!:happy096:
Ohh, and mexican.....you lucky git!!:drool::drool::drool:

Ah thankyou mary :)

Irish at the minute im going by portion size.

My breakfast i will weigh out (50g muesli & the amount of milk it says to have) and lunch will just be the same as refeed lunch and same with dinner. I think i pretty much know now about my portion size from refeed. If i find my weight creeping up (guna weigh myself every monday on the wii fit) then i think i'll start looking at my cals.

I like the idea of logging calories on food focus but i dont want to become obsessed so for now im just eyeballing it and watching my portions i guess :D Long winded answer, sorry lol.

I need to rosta in some exercise somewhere, im thinking of beginning swimming again i just dont know when to go. Think i might plan this up tomorrow :)

I was just curious? I get a bit nervy when I have to eyeball stuff at the minute. I was very good at it before hand, but I want to keep an eye/limit on my carb intake for a while to see if it helps? Don't get me wrong- I won't cut out carbs, but I don't think they're my 'best' friend! LOL!
I'm reading up on low-gi diets/foods, it makes sense to me so I think I'll try to incorporate that a bit too?
So I'll log for a wee while and see how I get on. I actually have a tendency to under-eat (believe it or not! LOL!) when watching what I eat, so by watching my cal intake I'll ensure I don't drop into starvation mode, and ensure I get a reasonable amount of cals to eat and play around with!

Sounds good irish :)
I think me looking at my portions is doing me ok at the minute. Carbs arent my best friend either which is why i've chose to have carbs for brekkie & lunch and just have poultry/meat & veg for dinner. Although the occasional carb will be there for dinner on a weekend so have to take it out of my lunch.

Cor this bladdy maintainence stuff is hard work :sigh:

Good luck Tanya! I bet you'll do just fine :)

Have fun on monday!

Week Plan :)

Still feel like i need to plan and structure my meals so here they are:

Tuesday 10th Nov
B- 50g muesli, 100ml s.s milk. Banana.
L- Jacket pot with left over chilli from monday eve. Salad. LF Yog & Apple.
D- Grilled gammon, pineapple ring & boiled egg. Cooked veg.

Wednesday 11th Nov
L- Quorn piece salad sandwich with LF mayo. LF Yog & apple.
D- Baked chicken breast & cooked veg.

Thursday 12 Nov
B- 50g muesli, 100ml s.s. milk. Banana.
L- Tuna salad sandwich. LF Yog & apple.

Friday 13th Nov
L- Tuna & boiled egg salad. LF Yog & apple.
D- Baked salmon, mashed potatoe & cooked veg.

Saturday 14th Nov
*off to torquay this day for a weekend with the bf but i still have work in the morning :sigh: so will still be 'structured' untill the evening!

L- Tuna salad sandwich. LF Yog & apple.
D- In torquay so will have something in the union rooms before our night on the town starts!! :)

Sunday 15th Nov
Off to a mexican restaurant this night, cant bloomin wait!! Yummy!!! :drool: So im guessing this day will be bad but hey, i know it will be and atleast its 'planned' i guess :giggle:

Last edited:
Maint Day 1

Tuesday 10th Nov
L- Jacket pot with left over chilli from monday eve. Salad. LF Yog & Apple.
D- Grilled gammon, pineapple ring & boiled egg. Cooked veg.

*10 sugar free polos
*mouthfull LF Chicken tikka sandwich filler

*1 litre pure water
*3 mugs black coffee & sweetners

Wasnt too sure on the muesli this morning but i will perservere (sp?) with it for now as it was 'that' bad and is better than the cereal i was having last time :)

Last edited:
Menus look good Tanya. I love muesli, but I dont think I could eat any more than a 35g portion, it takes me ages to get through it, it would be lunch time by the time I had finished.

Oooh the Mexican restaurant sounds fab hun.

Really?! Now im worried im having too much but i felt just right after 50g. Its what the packet says to have as 1 portion.

I am glad that you - one of the maintainence queens :worthy: - think my menus are ok! Its reassuring :D

Oh no its just a personal thing, I can eat 45g of porridge no problem, but I just struggle with muesli lol. Just follow the directions on the pack and you cant go wrong.......lol.

Okies :giggle: I'm really trying to be good this week untill saturday evening as i know my weekend will be bad. Then i will be right back on track. Im liking the carbs for brekkie & lunch and none for tea as by tea i find i dont need much as the veg fulfills me enough :) But oh my the gammon was gorrrrrgeous today!!!!!! :giggle:

I love gammon steak, thats what I am having tomorrow.
We go to our local abatoir for our meat and the gammons are quite thick and large, so we just share one between us. I love an egg with mine.

Maint Day 2

Wednesday 11th Nov
L- Quorn piece & ham salad sandwich with LF mayo. LF Yog, apple & satsuma.

*10 sugar free polos
*apple
*half slice dry bread :doh:

*1 litre pure water
*3 mugs black coffee & sweetner

~Took the dog for a walk today up to the shop to get my lottery - walked up the path across the road from my house; i bloody forgot how steep that path is!!!!! Frik me! lol Still, i quite enjoyed the walk and glad i did it before the rain came pouring!!

So, had my banana whilst driving to work this morning at 6:30 as i dont eat my cereal (which would have been my shake) untill 9:40. And usually best to have breakfast not so long from getting up. So this is what i'll be doing from now on. Felt good for it and pretty awake actually! lol

I need to nip this obsession with sugar free polos in the bud! I think these are what are giving me a very bad stomach as of late :sigh:

Last edited:
remember what I told you about the effects of sweeteners? I don't think the amount in the sugar-free polos would be enough to cause any 'problems', but combined with other foods with artificial sweeteners, then maybe? Though your menu's seem full of 'fresh', unprocessed food, so maybe you're a little sensitive to them? Just a thought?....

Hmmm its only been happening since ive been munching on the polos.

Im glad you see my menus as fresh and unprocessed foods - im really happy with them at the minute and look forward to every meal! lol

Either that or it could be the broad beans! I have been having them as a veg portion with my evening meal ..... :S lol Guna lay off the polos for a few days and see what happens, if no improvement ill know its gota be the beans hahaha :giggle:

Hun your maintainance menu is looking brilliant. Sugar free polos yeah they seem to be cursing you haha! You obviously just eat them to have something in your mouth, they prob making ur stomach sick coz they have artifical sugars in them. (learnt that from the refeed cd i got yesterday haha)

Its soooooooo reasuring you guys saying my menus look great - im at a stage where im over thinking everything and starting to panic!!! :eek:

Defo guna lay of the polos - i like to have them after my cereal as milk leaves a funny taste in my mouth but i cant just have 1 if the packet is in my bag!! :sigh: Maybe i shall have to find summat else to rid the taste! :giggle:

Maybe you shud change your milk????? or just have natural yogurt instead???

Back