Charlenes Paul McKenna Gasric Band & I Can Make You Thin, 90 Day Success Journal

Thanks for the info RawrGirl! if the Gastric Band doesn't work i might give that a go. Right now, i really can't handle all this restriction. I'm only on my second day and its torture!! I don't think I'll last the week. :break_diet:Restricting causes me to want to binge! I'm fighting hard to stick to this but I'm weak!! I'm confused about the whole preparation week. I've read that by low sugar, low fat, he basically means no fast food. Do ready meals count as fast food?! Gahhh - i'm so confused and feel crappy today!

I have loved reading your diary! Like you I binge eat and that is why I have chosen to start pm again tomoz. When I follow diets I get really obsessive and end up in the all or nothing cycle. With pm I love the freedom it gives you (I just need to follow the bloody rules!!!!)

I have loved reading your diary! Like you I binge eat and that is why I have chosen to start pm again tomoz. When I follow diets I get really obsessive and end up in the all or nothing cycle. With pm I love the freedom it gives you (I just need to follow the bloody rules!!!!)
Oh i know!! I hate constantly having to turn down food "cause i'm on a diet" (which is a polite way of saying "ARGH!!! I really want it and if you keep waving it in my face i'll eat you AND the food"..). The first week of gastric band is hard because of the prep diet- but its worth it apparently! Are you doing I Can Make You Thin? following the rules is my big problem too... :-/

Day 19 & Gastric Band Prep Update

Okay so today was a total write-off. Ate so much cardboardy stuff i felt nauseous (and NOT full)! Then realised i need a more strict pre-op diet than i was doing so gave up and got a takeaway. Broke ALL the rules! I then turned to a good friend of mine who showed me an easy to follow pre-op plan. Thanks Google! I pre-planned my prep week which will start Saturday (or Sunday depending when we can get a lift to Aldi). I will warn anyone planning to do this: The prep weeks boring as hell!! Worth it though....i hope. I'm craving peaches right now which means i'm either pregnant or just willing to eat anything in my deprived state. Anyway I'm dead excited about this and next week can't come fast enough!!!

Hi, yes I am doing the original I can make you thin. I may look into the gastric band book (I think i'd really struggle with the pre-op diet though)
Day 1 for me today :) I've re-read some of the book and am following the rules. xx

Hi, yes I am doing the original I can make you thin. I may look into the gastric band book (I think i'd really struggle with the pre-op diet though)
Day 1 for me today :) I've re-read some of the book and am following the rules. xx
I just found out the pre-op thing doesn't have to be strict! He said to just have an easy week before doing the band and just avoid sugar & junk food. THANK GOD!! Oh i love i can make you thin. Really works if you follow the rules properly. I think the reasons i put on weight could be that i didn't follow them 100%. I eat my dinner alone in the kitchen now. Though i've been put on new medication and have hypothyroidism, so could be why i'm gaining!

Day 20

I just had a horrible experience. I had a few chocolate fingers left and sat down to eat them consciously. I left part of one as instructed in ICMYT. It was hell. It was giving me a sorrowful look and crying "Why won't you eat me?". Felt horrible throwing it in the bin but i had to! I feel so strong but i still want more chocolate. I'm a pig! :wave_cry:

Also, today was another write-off... I think my animal brain knows i'm going to be dieting tomorrow and went into famine storage mode. Okay so i set my "procedure" date to Tuesday 12th Feb (or Saturday the 9th if i can't wait). Now to go have my last Snack bar... :-(

Last edited:
Day 21 / Gastric Band prep day 1- I now weigh 11st4.5lbs & 39.5% body fat

Happppppy!!
Lost myself a bit of weight. I don't know what happened. It must have been all that rushing to the bathroom. Either way - yay, no gain!! I weighed myself today as i have OFFICIALLY started my prep week! I'll put up exactly what i eat each day to keep myself sane.
:cool:

WHAT I ATE TODAY:

-Cornflakes (3 tbsp)
-Banana

-Toast with a lickle butter
-Sugarfree Beans (4 tbsp)
-Mushrooms (6)

-Tomato (1)

-Eggs (2 boiled)
-Tomato (2)
-Apple
-Lowfat yoghurt

-rich tea (2)
-Tea
-Milk (200ml)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Todays Average Success %: 87%

I ate when i was hungry? [85%]
I ate what i really wanted? [100%]
I ate consciously (20 bites)? [57%]
I stopped when i was full? [85%]
I left food on my plate [100%]
I drank water [2 litres / 100%]
I moved my body [100%]
I listened to the CD [100%]
I did the mirror exercise [100%]
I ate without distractions [42%]

One Positive thing i Noticed Today:
I was full after half a slice of beans on toast.

What I'm Looking Forward To Tomorrow:
The feeling of success after completing another prep day.

Last edited:
Day 22 & Gastric Band Day 2

Only on day 2 and already hating this prep week. Maybe I'm being too strict with myself. I mean, I'm following an actual Gastric Band pre-op diet... I don't want to give up though, 'cause i'm hard to hypnotize and I can't afford to fail... And i need to practice the Havening technique!

EDIT:
Gave up on the pre-op thing and just listened to the installation. Hope i see affects soon! Was awake the whole time!

Last edited:
Ugh... I know its probably too early to judge - but i don't think this is working for me. I ate A LOT and didn't feel full. Maybe I should have stuck to the prep week. Then again i could have eaten more consciously so i'm probably 100% to blame. Going to re-install the band tonight and hope something changes. I know he says not to exercise the day you do the band but I'm starting roller derby at 8 tomorrow night. Hopefully that won't ruin anything...

Day 23 & Gastric Band Day 1

I did something good today - i avoided the scales! Okay i may have weighed myself clothed but it doesn't count!! Starting roller derby tonight - nervous and excited as hell!!

UPDATE:
Full (but not stuffed) after 2 thirds of a WW meal. Hope thats a good sign. Stomachs growling though!

Last edited:
Have fun at roller derby!

Day 24 & Gastric Band Day 2

I've listened to the hypno-band at least 3 times so far and am still listening to ICMYT. I'm not sure if its working as I'm still prone to eating a lot. Though today i had Ben&Jerrys - the big 500ml tub. Usually I'd wolf it down in 5 minutes but today i barely got through half the tub. I did manage to eat a huge plate of nachos though (half a pack of Old El Paso Nacho's Meal Kit). Though i left a few on the plate and made my boyfriend take them. I'd say he loves Paul McKenna, 'cause if it wasn't for him, he wouldn't be getting so much yummy leftovers - he'd be starving to death while i'm on one of my weekly diets! I really hope this is working though. I've six days until i can weigh myself again.

Exercise has been good. I started Roller Derby last night - and MY GOD its physically challenging. My whole body hurts today (especially my backside because i fell on it every few seconds). I must stock up on electrolytes though 'cause i threw up on the bus home & my head was killing me! I knew it was going to happen before i got on the bus though so i went into a pub (everywhere else was closed) and asked for water with lemon & salt. The barmaids expression was priceless. She was wondering "what kind of weirdo orders this and what does she want me to do exactly?". It was to restore the elecrolytes i lost. I swear by it when i'm lifting. Stops me feeling like crap afterwards!
Water intake has gone downhill since i stopped tracking it. Going to specifically buy a 2 litre bottle to ensure i get enough!

ONE POSITIVE THING I NOTICED TODAY:
I ate Ben & Jerry's bit rather than binge, i struggled to eat half my usual amount!

WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO TOMORROW:
I'm gettin' paid!!!

Hey, came across your thread after a google search. I previously did Paul Mckennas method about 3 years ago and lost 3 stone! I'd tried it before then and I don't think the rules embedded in my head as it didn't work first time round.

I found the trick was to eat quarter of the meal you prepared. Wait a few minutes and judge if you are hungry still. If you are have another quarter. I rarely finished a meal this way.

Also I wait until I'm properly hungry. I get feelings like hunger and wait another 10-15 mins. If the urge subsides, you weren't truly hungry, if the urge is stronger- go eat :)

I've lost 8lbs in about 2 weeks! It does work, you just really have to put your mind to it. It really is all in the mind :)

It is a method for life though...I let myself fall back into bad habits after a car crash I had 18 months ago and put it all back on. That's why I'm back on it.

Keep me posted on how you're doing...we can do this together :)

Hey, came across your thread after a google search. I previously did Paul Mckennas method about 3 years ago and lost 3 stone! I'd tried it before then and I don't think the rules embedded in my head as it didn't work first time round.

I found the trick was to eat quarter of the meal you prepared. Wait a few minutes and judge if you are hungry still. If you are have another quarter. I rarely finished a meal this way.

Also I wait until I'm properly hungry. I get feelings like hunger and wait another 10-15 mins. If the urge subsides, you weren't truly hungry, if the urge is stronger- go eat :)

I've lost 8lbs in about 2 weeks! It does work, you just really have to put your mind to it. It really is all in the mind :)

It is a method for life though...I let myself fall back into bad habits after a car crash I had 18 months ago and put it all back on. That's why I'm back on it.

Keep me posted on how you're doing...we can do this together :)
Thanks so much for the tips Lisa! Going to try them. The pre-op for the Gastric Band is a but restrictive so guess ill focus on eating extra consciously!

Gastric Band Update

Okay so i haven't fully committed as it takes quite a lot of practice to practice the 4 golden rules & tune into my hunger signals. I'm happy with how things are going though. I've gained 3lbs but 2 of them are from muscle so I'm quite happy with that! I do still binge but not as much as before. Tonight shocked me a bit - i ate a fajita and struggled to finish it. It wasn't even a big one either - just the size of your standard wrap!

Back