Charley24-Day 1 To Goal-And Restart Again!

Day 20

Good Evening !

Well today I went to a funeral and aftewards had sparkling water (yack) not nice without sunshine orange !

Also had a bar on way home about 2pm as I was starved and that was late for lunch !

A and C Porridge for Tea and have kept busy with housework etc this evening.

I confess I am a bit bored with shakes at the moment, probably as that is generally what I have each day !

Tomorrow, shake, bar, shake !

Weigh In Thursday - here's hoping !

Wore my suit today and trousers and they are loose ! Which is lovely and MIL and FIL commented on my weight loss which was lovely !

My sister coming tomorrow so hopefully she will notice the change in me !

Thursday Weigh In, Drs (physio said I need another 2 week sick note for my back) and then kids sports day !

See you all tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!

It's really interesting reading your diary Charley, you are doing so well. Have you tried the mousse mix yet? It turns shakes into something like angel delight and feels a bit more substantial to eat.
I always keep a bar or make a mousse for the evening with some coffee - as a treat sort of thing, then I don't feel so deprived in the evenings when the others are all tucking in to all kinds of goodies! (Rotton lot!) Keep going and don't worry about totm making you lose less. The following week will make up for it and the water definately helps a lot with weight loss. Not too much though - don't overdo it.

Hi Bess, thanks for your post !

I haven't tried Mix a Mousse Yet, but hope to very soon
Well done on your losses too, you are doing AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 21

Well, 3 weeks ! I have been a Cambridge Dieter for 3 whole weeks on SS ! Something I never thought I could achieve !

Today I visited my grandma with my sister, brother in law and gorgeous 12 week old niece Heidi, then came home and cooked them Pizza, Chips and Spaghetti with Buttered tiger bread...........it looked wonderful !

I had a vanilla shake !

Then I made tea for girls and hubby, curry, rice, popadom's, garlic naan.........mouth watering !

I had a Fruits of the Forest Shake !

I fancied a bar but I have had 3 this week and really feel that because of the increase in carbs from shake to bar, my body isn't much liking it !

I have weigh in, in the morning and it is looking like 3lbs.........fingers crossed they go down one more pound and I get a 4lbs loss ? That would be nice taking me to 21lbs (1.5 stone) in 3 weeks.

We will have to wait and see !

Have been keeping busy, with my crosswords, reading the forum etc.

Just having a nice glass of sparkling water with sunshine orange - yum !

Hope everyone has had a good day !

Hi Charley,
Mine and your stats are pretty similar. I am 5,7 and starting weight was 206lbs. Today I had my first WI and I lost 8lbs. I was hoping 10lbs but hey. Day 8 for me today so lets see how it goes. You are doing very well, Keep it up hun. x

Day 22

Firstly, SL well done on your loss, isn't CD AMAZING !

Pleased to report a 4lbs loss today, so that's 1.5 stone in 3 weeks ! Something I could never have achieved at WW.

I have been thinking as I have been off sick with thoracic dysfunction for 2 weeks and I do not return for another fortnight to work, I may be very close to being 2 stone lighter ! I hope people will notice !!!!

Kids sports day today and family picnic - I had a bar and water !!!! I also had a bar for breakfast as we were running late, but although I shouldn't have 2 bars in one day, it was a one off !

Going to get myself bathed and read this evening, like to keep busy !

Hope everyone having a good SS Day !!!!!!!

Day 24

Gosh I am still here !

Last night Hubby and I were going to go to pictures. I asked on forum if I should take chicken or a bar, thankfully we didn't end up going so I just had an extra half a bar to help thru the film we watched on DVD instead (Crash - was ok).

Today we have been to my sister's and we all went to a big park (hubby, me DD2, Sis, Nephew and Niece).

At My sister's they ate sausage and egg baps (smelt delish) and I had a bar and my water !

At the park, ice creams were consumed, but not by goody me !

I took some photos and was pleased that my face is looking much slimmer ! My sister can't understand the diet, she is overweight (by about 4 stone), but is happy and her weight doesn't bother her, she said fat or thin she feels the same but enjoys her food too much.

Sometimes I wish I had this trigger in my head of not caring what others think, on the other hand I don't like being fat and feeling self concious of my body.

Tonight I tried the choc orange shake and I didn't like it :( Drank half and then ate the other half a bar from last night.

The scales haven't shifted yet this week (grrrr) so worried about weigh in Thursday, I just need to keep motivated if I only manage a small loss !

Hope everyone is fine ! It has nearly been a whole month of SSing for me ! I have also been wondering about my goal weight (I have made it 11 stone - BMI 24.9), I keep imagining what I will look like............I wish the inches would come off ! My waist is only 1.5 inches smaller which means I am about a 36.........still a weigh haha to go !

I will stop moaning now and bid you all good night !

PS - DD1 came home from cadbury world with loads of choc !!!!!!!! She bought me a wine gums pen to do my puzzles - she is so thoughtful, wine gums are my favouritist thing ever ! But at least I can look at the pen (which looks like a tube of winegums) !!!

Charley, you are doing fantastically well. We are the same height and I am aiming for 11.5 stones and I have been wondering about this too. I think the BMI is about 26 for that. I asked my CD about it this morning when she came and she said how different people who are the same height and weight look very different - some seem fatter than others, which I find odd. She must know, though given the job she does.
And of course, the heavier we have been, the heavier our bones will be, after all they had to be strong to support us.....I'm going to be flexible about my goal and definately want to have a 1/2 stone leeway within which I want to feel ok. Maybe 11 to 11.5 will be about right for me? I'll wait until I get to 11.5 and see I think.
Congratulations on the amazing will power and the losses. Do let us know what the reaction of your work colleagues is when you return!

^ Hi Bess,
I second that, BMI is different for everyone. for example, My body is athletic as I ski etc, I was a size 14 and never had to wear a size 16 but I notice some people as tall as me with similar BMI wear larger sizes. Its different for everyone really.

Ah thanks ladies, I appreciate your posts !

Bess, I think I may change my goal to a BMI of 25....to 11.7, but then hopefully get to 11 so I have leeway as you say.

S 7 - It is odd isn't it !!! Sizing is so random, I would LOVE to fit in a 14 comfortably, but know I really need to be a 12 to be ideal weight.

Day 25

God I am bored !

My whole life has changed, no social occasions, no sitting with a DVD and dorito's, no fun !

Ok I know yes 21lbs in 3 weeks is good but those darn scales aren't moving and you wonder how ? After all if your body needs 2000 calories a day and you only have 415 how on earth the scales aren't shotting downwards everyday?

Anyways I am having porridge for tea, well it's almost 8.30pm !

I know that these off days are expected, together with TOTM here still......it's been 9/10 days I am feeling out of sorts and quite annoyed and frustrated at the world !

Sorry to moan, but this forum is what keeps me going ! I would have reached for food a long time ago if it wasn't for the support on here.

Maybe day 26 will be better xxx

Charley, stop scale jumping! Put them away and don't look until you are next weighed by your CDC. This happens, especially after the first few weeks great losses. It's ok, it's normal and you will still continue to lose weight, just more slowly.
See the big picture and plod on love. You'll get there just the same. x
(Oh and TOTM goes all haywire too on CD. That's normal too and will settle down.)

Charley

I have just caught up with your diary and need to say Congratulations - you have done really well and I hope that in 3 weeks time I will be adding the same numbers in my successes...

You have resisted temptation on all sides and are really going great guns - well done girlie..

Keep posting on here and we will keep reading and supporting..

Luv
Tracy

Day 26

Day 26 in the Big Brother House...........well The Gray House but you get the jist !

Hi Bess, I am trying to stay off the scales I promise !

Hi Madferret ! Welcome and thanks for your post, I did set this up daily so others could read the trials and tribulations of CD !

Well the TOTM has been awful today !!!! I actually sat on the stairs on the phone and managed to get a stain on the carpet - cue me rushing about madly trying to get it out ! I have NEVER hd a period in my life like this ! Had to nip out for super strength industrial sized sanitary towels (TMI I Know) !!!

Anyways I have had shake/porridge/shake today and 3 pints of water so far, going to try for the other 2 in the next few hours.

Feeling a bit better today, I still have times of oh for Goodness sake I want a sandwich ! But on the most part I am on track and managing.

I am so into cooking at the moment, which is odd but it is some kind of therapy I think ! Obviously I don't eat my culinary creations - tonight it was mushroom cous cous with chicken tikka, spring onion and sweetcorn with garlic and pepper (hubby said it was delish).

So tonight I have ironing to do which will kill some time and keep my occupied so I will bid you farewell until Day 27.

That's almost a MONTH !!! Something I NEVER thought I could manage !

59 days to go to Disneyland and the end of my 12 weeks, will I survive ?

Who knows? But with a supportive forum such as this and hubby keeping me well away from the fridge it may be possible !

Not expecting a big loss this week, but will try not to be disappointed with a 2lbs loss if that's all I get - more water - more water !

Hope everyone having a great SS Day !

Until tomorrow xxxxxxxxxxx

Day 27

27 days.............almost a month...........still here !

Hello all, well I have tried to be busy today, I have cleaned my car inside and out for the first time in about 4 months, my goodness it was filthy ! Lots of bits of leaves everywhere from DD1's camping trip, sweetie wrappers, dust ! It took about 2 hours ! Hopefully that counts as exersize !

I have made hubby's tea (you may remember for some reason I am enjoying cooking) !!!!

I made something up - peanut butter satay chicken on skewers, now goodness knows how it will taste but I tried it anyways and he alays eats what I cook ! Teaming it with uncle ben's mexican rice and leftover sweetcorn from yesterday.

I have no idea why cooking is so interesting, perhaps it is a test of my willpower ? Or that I imagine eating it but don't and have my shake instead?

I have hardly any ironing but hubby has a pile so I think I will get that out of the way tonight just as it keeps me busy, I have also been playing online games, doing my crosswords etc to pass time.

It's amazing how much time I used to spend EATING !

Hope everyone has had a great SS day, best go get organised before hubby and kids get home !

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Just wanted to say hiya as I didn't realise you had a diary over here. i don't often come in here as it has been very quiet of late lol.

Keep up the good work.

xxxx

Day 28

Good Afternoon ! What a rather lovely day here in the North East !

This morning I took the girls to school and popped to Morrison's, came home chatted online with my sister. Did some housework etc. Choc Mint shake for breakfast (I am going off this flavour), and then Banana for lunch (shake not the fruit that is) !!!!

Tea, just a little while ago was apple and cinnamon porridge.

Managed to do some housework, get the place spic and span - then the kids come home and mess it up - grrrrrrrrrrrr !

DD1 and HB have gone to see the New Harry Potter ! I am going to have tuna pasta bake on the table for 7pm when they get home.....I love tuna pasta bake, but I am full of water and shakes so NO THANKS !

Do you know I have been thinking and this is the ONLY diet I have not even cheated a tiny bit ?

I do have emergency cottage cheese and tuna in - just in case, but I am quite shocked that I have come this far.

Just going to bath DD2 and then start the pasta, followed by more ironing - it never ends !!!!

Hope everyone having a brilliant day.

Weigh in tomorrow, looks like 2lbs, fingers crossed for a 3.....you never know what the night can bring !

Toodles !!!!!!!!!!

hey Charlie
You are doing a great job so far. well done
It is really hard sometimes so when you start to get people ask you "have you lost some weight" it is an amazing feeling. I bet several people have commented on you and your 21lbs so far.
My thread is great and I always read it daily
keep it up

hi charlie,
just been reading through your diary. you are doing fantastic! really well donexxx
keep posting as you are really keeping me positive xx

Back