CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Good menu choices. Mine would be (not in a 'healthy' way just what I'd want) the duck pancakes followed by the grilled chicken fillet burger.

I like the look of the platter you've chosen but I don't ever go for things like that (don't know why)

Have a great time.

We're going for a curry tonight. Can't wait :) Gaz is working the weekend so he wants something nice tonight. He wanted pizza but I'd never choose that over curry! I can try and control the 'badness' scale of the curry where as no hope with pizza. Naan bread is the only problem but we share one between three so natural damage limitation!

Hope your weekend is amazing. I have a feeling I'll be slinking back in Sunday evening with some confessions! X

I hope you're enjoying your lunch!

Having a plan when you know you're entering dangerous territory is a good idea - I try to do that myself and although I usually end up not sticking exactly to what I'd allowed for, I do think it prevents me from just saying "screw it" and really going completely mad.

I am intrigued by your butter chicken recipe - evap instead of cream sounds like a genius idea. I made a macaroni and cheese with evap milk once and it was so good I think I might have cried tears of joy while eating it. ;). I'd love the recipe when you get a chance to see if I can fiddle about and get it to a reasonably synned "naughty" meal.

Good menu choices. Mine would be (not in a 'healthy' way just what I'd want) the duck pancakes followed by the grilled chicken fillet burger.

I like the look of the platter you've chosen but I don't ever go for things like that (don't know why)

Have a great time.

We're going for a curry tonight. Can't wait :) Gaz is working the weekend so he wants something nice tonight. He wanted pizza but I'd never choose that over curry! I can try and control the 'badness' scale of the curry where as no hope with pizza. Naan bread is the only problem but we share one between three so natural damage limitation!

Hope your weekend is amazing. I have a feeling I'll be slinking back in Sunday evening with some confessions! X

I hope you're enjoying your lunch!

Having a plan when you know you're entering dangerous territory is a good idea - I try to do that myself and although I usually end up not sticking exactly to what I'd allowed for, I do think it prevents me from just saying "screw it" and really going completely mad.

I am intrigued by your butter chicken recipe - evap instead of cream sounds like a genius idea. I made a macaroni and cheese with evap milk once and it was so good I think I might have cried tears of joy while eating it. ;). I'd love the recipe when you get a chance to see if I can fiddle about and get it to a reasonably synned "naughty" meal.

Well girls I did go for the platter and, it was nice - but I got serious food envy, my friend next to me had the burger, my friend diagonal had Jamie's Special Sandwich, my friend opposite had the beef and ale pie! I had a small mish mash of meze - it was nice tho, but I have to say it really wasn't worth £11. There wasn't much of anything to be honest. I will post a pic (yes I took a pic!) later, but I was a bit meh about it.

The Butter Chicken is pretty much this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axjCZADvXNE. Its a you tube clip of a lady cooking it from scratch, except I don't use that much butter and I don't have fengreek or use cream, I just really literally use an egg cup full of evap milk. I really like evap milk in things, its gives the creamy taste without the cream. . . oh and I also put a bit of chilli in as its very mild other wise. Oh and I add Nigella seeds as I love that taste you get with those seeds.

The girl Kay003 has some wicked authentic Indian recipes on here and has a butter chicken recipe on here too! She uses Flora Lighter Than Light (1.5 per tbsp I think) and she says it is pretty good to use. Let me know if you can't find her and I will try and find it for you!

xxx

Hi found you, I didn't realise you'd started a new diary, I'm here now & will get to see your yummy meals:D

Omg your food looks out of this world! Jamies restaurant sounds yummy too. The only thing I'm not too sure on is those yellow trousers! ;)

I absolutely LOVE your attitude, completely agree life is too short to make ourselves miserable over the odd pound. Glad you didn't put on as much as you thought, it's always nice when we get a pleasant surprise on the scales. I couldn't believe it when I lost this week after being off plan for 3 days, just shows that sometimes effort and what the scale says have no correlation!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend and your hip is feeling a bit better. I really need to go and see Monuments Men as I love historical stuff, not sure if its gone off now though at the cinema. I saw Dallas Buyers Club yesterday, enjoyed it but thought it was a little long, incredible story though. Unbelievable what things were like for AIDS sufferers in the 80's, crazy to think it was just 30 years or so ago! Have you seen any more films lately? xx

Well done for fighting that food envy, I'd probably have ordered a dessert in sadness of it :p

Warming up is a chore when you just want to get to it, but think about all the aching you can avoid with it! My boyfriend warms up by running up and down the stairs a few times lol! But even walking up and down is probably enough to get the blood pumping. I did find the pain after exercise AWFUL when I didnt at least attempt a few stretches/rolling of neck/arms/hips for 30 sec before doing stuff.
My knee has been awful since my mid teens and I'm on a waiting list for NHS physio... Is it just a rough massage sort of thing then? No idea what it really entails.

Hi All - in the words of Sloth from the Goonies "Mama, I've Been Baaad"!!!

Naughty Naughty weekend that I need to put behind me immediately!

Too much bread and pastry and crisps and cake and .... need I go on? Its so bad!

What is it about total lack of control at the weekend?

Anyhoo, a new day cometh and I will try to be good!

xx

Awww I think it's cos there's no work to get in the way? I have been off plan all weekend and loved it! Just shows it's deffo still in me and it'll always be a fight.

When you said bread, crisps and pastry, I think I was meant to think oh no how awful, but instead I just thought YUM! I'm a bad influence.

Did you have a nice weekend overall?

Mick have fun at footy? X

Awww I think it's cos there's no work to get in the way? I have been off plan all weekend and loved it! Just shows it's deffo still in me and it'll always be a fight.

When you said bread, crisps and pastry, I think I was meant to think oh no how awful, but instead I just thought YUM! I'm a bad influence.

Did you have a nice weekend overall?

Mick have fun at footy? X

Dont! I am exactly the same. I caught up on Supersize Superskinny at the weekend and I was actually salivating at some of the food the superskinny was made to eat!!!! Doner Kebab, Fried Chicken, Crunchy Nut Cornflakes - all the naughty beige food, it turns me on a little I have to say!

I don't think Mick enjoyed the footy per say, seeing as they lost 1-3 at home! But I think he enjoyed the booze up afterwards, and he went to the cinema on Sunday morning, while I had my girls round for a pastry breakfast! I also made homemade beef and ale pie last night - ding dong!

PS Gaz hasn't seen the goonies.

FREAK. who hasn't seen the goonies!?

Erm what? I don't know anybody who hasnt seen the goonies, its a thing - a right of passage thing. Must watch it Gaz, stop burning carpets and start watching the Goonies! Fifty dollar bills fifty dollar bills fifty dollar bills!

x

Hahaha I haven't seen the goonies!!!!

Hubs laughs at me alllll the time! I also haven't seen labyrinth, batteries not included, short circuit etc etc!

He says I'm a freak, I say films are booooring!! xx

Haha @ supersize v superskinny! I was salivating over those crunchy nut too. Bloody gorgeous they are, can't remember the last time I had one either!

Know what you mean about weekends. Yesterday I couldn't stop eating either, I guess we all have those days. Work definitely helps me get a more focussed eating routine during the week. Just put the weekend behind you and move on. At least you enjoyed yourself!

Hahaha I haven't seen the goonies!!!!

Hubs laughs at me alllll the time! I also haven't seen labyrinth, batteries not included, short circuit etc etc!

He says I'm a freak, I say films are booooring!! xx

WHAT!!!! No Goonies!?!? I haven't seen Labyrinth, but I have seen the other two (although don't talk about b!oody batteries in front of Stacey right now!?!

Films are great, but that of course is only my opinion - do you watch soaps? Now, they are boring!As are reality shows, except I'm A Celeb and The Voice!

*shakes head at Laura* although takes back the freak bit cos it was mean! Hmmm not keen on the other ones but goonies is like an education.

I used to live in a flat where you had to be buzzed in these big gate up the top. When your buzzer went you could turn be tv to channel 5 (before channel 5) to see who it was. We always used to make everyone do their own version of the truffle shuffle before we'd open the gate. Naughty but funny.

*shakes head at Laura* although takes back the freak bit cos it was mean! Hmmm not keen on the other ones but goonies is like an education.

I used to live in a flat where you had to be buzzed in these big gate up the top. When your buzzer went you could turn be tv to channel 5 (before channel 5) to see who it was. We always used to make everyone do their own version of the truffle shuffle before we'd open the gate. Naughty but funny.

Lemme in, not until until you do the truffle shuffle, ah come oooon, do it, all come oooon, DO IT!

Man, I wished I had a video buzzer. When I buzz to get into my sister's place, she answers "Hello" and I always sing "is it me for looking for"!!! Not as good as the truffle shuffle, but its good to know we are on the same childish wave length!

Stopping by for some mutual diary nosiness :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm not a fan of the goonies, is it ok to say that!?!??!?!?

No Michelle! It's like goonie illegal! Ha.

And you can only marry Will.I.am after me. I loved him even more the other week when he said "I knew a girl that was flat, she went to Brazil and came back something else". Just made me laugh x

Back