CharleyBarley - my new 2014 diary with pics

Congratulations :love047:
Have you thought about a date yet? So much lovely planning to do

WOOOWWW Charley, congratulations to both of you. I am so happy and excited for you. Massive hug. Gorgous ring. Have a lovely rest of weekend. xx

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! HE DID ITTT!!! YESSSS!!! :D What a stunning ring too!

I'm absolutely flippin' DELIGHTED for you lovely, couldn't have happened to a nicer person!! Plus now I have someone I can bore silly with wedding talk on here, haha. I want ALL the details when you get back!! Have an amazing rest of your weekend *big hugs* xxxxxxx

Friday 25th April

Hi All :wavey:

Sorry I haven't been around much, I have been pretty much sitting on cloud 9 for the last few days! I am back now!

Firstly, thank you for all your kind wishes, I am feeling the love in so many ways!

The weekend was, as you would expect, wonderful. We spent two days in Norfolk and on the Sunday we had a wonderful meal, and Mick started acting a bit weird and giggly - which is unlike Mick.... Once the tables were cleared, he took my hands in his one hand and the other was under the table, then he said "You know I love you very much, you are the best thing that's ever happened to me, I know we have had our ups and downs, but I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Charlotte Maria Smith, would you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" Now while he was saying this, I was blubbing like a baby so much that I couldn't even see him or the ring he had produced, he got up and came over to me, got down on one knee and asked "Will you marry me?" The whole restaurant started ahhing and awwing and clapping, the waitress behind Mick was poised and the man at the table next to me had to prompt me to answer him!!!!

He had done everything so right, he asked my Dad and my poor mum, who I travelled home from work with everyday the week before had to keep schtum!

This week has been the most wonderful weeks, sadly the ring was too small and altho I managed to squeeze it on on the night, I couldn't get it over my knuckle the next day - so it is currently being re-sized.

So in answer to your question Miss K, he was totally un-Mick like, and a real soppy sod! I am still in shock as to how he managed to keep it from me.

Weddings!!!!!! So we are planning on getting wed in Barbados in October 2015 - thats the plan anyway, at the moment we only have £21 in our savings...! And we are still paying off for our cruise for this Christmas!!!!!

I need to start in earnest with losing weight....I don't want to go mental with it, and at the same time I don't want to be complacent and think its ages away I will deal with it nearer the time, I just want to do small solid losses....

SO despite my very boozy celebratory weekend and being off plan for a few days, I haven't eaten much choc at all (only a pack of mini eggs!) and I have been totally on plan since Tuesday. I managed to lose 1lb!!!! Not bad going for a long weekend away AND celebrating the fact we are engaged to be married!!!!!

I have been really busy at work, so I havent even been able to come on here, and catch up. I think I am working overtime over the weekend, but I promise to catch up with you all soon!

Have a lovely weekend all

C xxxxx

Lovely to hear from you charley!

Again, congratulations! Barbados sounds amazing, and in reality isn't that far away time wise!

Well done on a loss this week too! That's a good loss, and shows it really can be done!!

Hope works ok, and hope to see you back round posting more xxx

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D
i'm sitting here with the biggest grin after reading that.

love a bit of romance, me! lol

great stuff huni...and great news on the loss too.

so chuffed for ya ;) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

You've given me goose bumps hehe!

That is so, so lovely and romantic! I don't think I'd have coped had F asked me in a restaurant!

Bless your poor Mum keeping that a secret!

And WOW! A wedding in Barbados?! I'm guessing you at least won't need to save up for a honeymoon fund! What could top Barbados?

Mrs S. is right, October 2015 is just around the corner! It'll be here before you know it :D. Well done on the 1lb loss xx

Squeeeee!

It's such lovely, lovely news. If you think about it, if you lost just half a pound a week between now and October 2015 you'd lose...*counts on fingers*... *counts on toes*.... *bites lip*....*gives up*...LOADS of weight! ;)

Awww. Enjoy this time, it's so romantic. :cupid:

Charley, what a way to propose. Wedding in Barbados will be fab. I am so happy for you. Bless your mum for keeping it a secret.

Well done on 1 lb loss. It is a great loss.

Yes October 15 is not far away - 17 months and as somone else said 1/2 lb a week will result in 2.5 stone loss. I know it is daunting to think about i2.5 stone but it will happen before you know it.

Have a great rest of the week and hope to see you back on here soon.

I am here Mrs S!! So sorry all, I have a confession to make....I have been unfaithful to Minimins, I am sorry it's not you, it's me.. I have been cheating with other websites - weddings, hotels and dresses!!! I can't stop surfing the net for stuff, it's such an exciting time I have hardly been on here. I have been reading up on a few diaries but that's it, plus work has been hideously just. It's all calmed down now and my boss is away for a week or so, so I am back!!

Food wise I have been ok, could have been better though, we are on major cut-backs and every little penny is going to the wedding fund, so that should help me stay on track.

I am back from today!!

Thanks Mrs S for the little prod, I was just looking in the mirror looking at myself in a negative way thinking that I must get my head in the game, and your post nudged me back xxx

Get used to it Charley wedding planning can take over your life! I'm in the beginning stages of planing ours now we've set the date and all I want to do is look at wedding mags, sites and wedding fayres. You have to go to those even if you are getting married abroad they're fab for things like rings and dresses. I found my dress on Friday, it was only the 3rd one I tried on but I fell in love! I seem to be rambling at you, whoops lol But you get my drift, such an exciting time :-D xx

Back